Sunni Islamic Hadith Audiobooks (not meaning to self promote)

Started by Kibla92, August 20, 2020, 03:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kibla92

If its a problem i can remove it. But just incase you arent the guy who wanna read this type of stuff. And just wanna listen to it while doing other things. Then here it is. I am almost done with Sahih Bukhari atleast.

Also want feedback if you think my voice is too unclear? I aint the most clearest speaker like David Attenborough. But want to know your view on it?

Mike Cl

Not Muslim, eh?  I think you speak like trump--every word trump utters is a lie.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Kibla92

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 20, 2020, 04:05:40 PM
Not Muslim, eh?  I think you speak like trump--every word trump utters is a lie.
Ah... not sure if thats a good thing

But no, i aint a Abrahamic follower. Main reason why i wanted to make audiobooks of this is, to avoid misinformation by media, politicians etc. So that if one wants to criticize, or remove doubts of misinformation. Then this is the simplest way i thought of doing it. Incase someone want to know what is actually in those texts

Mike Cl

Quote from: Kibla92 on August 20, 2020, 04:09:41 PM

But no, i aint a Abrahamic follower. Main reason why i wanted to make audiobooks of this is, to avoid misinformation by media, politicians etc. So that if one wants to criticize, or remove doubts of misinformation. Then this is the simplest way i thought of doing it. Incase someone want to know what is actually in those texts
What difference does it make what is in those texts?  They, like the bible, are simply fiction.  All 'scriptures' fall into that category--fictional, fairy tale stuff. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Depends if your promoting bat shit crazy or criticizing it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

US Constitution - old fictional document
Laws of Justinian - basis of statutory law in Europe and elsewhere ... old fictional document
English common law records - basis of common law in English speaking countries ... old fictional document

Basically, anything anyone wrote, yesterday, is BS.  Because I am "woke" ... bwahaha.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Kibla92 on August 20, 2020, 04:09:41 PM

Translated, that means you think you are so very cleaver, so cunning, and so smart that you will get the dumb atheists to listen to the 'true' word and be convinced.  Allah works in mysterious ways, eh??

Baruch

Quote from: Kibla92 on August 20, 2020, 03:46:52 PM
If its a problem i can remove it. But just incase you arent the guy who wanna read this type of stuff. And just wanna listen to it while doing other things. Then here it is. I am almost done with Sahih Bukhari atleast.

Also want feedback if you think my voice is too unclear? I aint the most clearest speaker like David Attenborough. But want to know your view on it?

I found this Arabic un-native, though not too bad.  Lacking in vocal clarity and dramatic enthusiasm.  So as a recording, I can only give this a "C".   Muslims put supreme importance in the "sound" of things!  Keep practicing ;-)

I have studied Islam, including Quran in Quranic Arabic + MSA & also studied Egyptian Arabic.  So I might know a thing or two.  Followed all the recent non-chauvinist, non-sectarian studies about the origins of Islam.  Basically, while I don't think Muhammad is who people say he is, or perhaps who he thought he was (or what his first wife thought he was) .. I do think he was the "real thing" ... just not the only or final "real thing".

I recommend the Quran over the Hadith etc ... and recommend this particular English edition ... because of its excellent broad commentary

https://harperone.com/studyquran/

Though that doesn't compare to the merit of studying the Quranic language in the original or listening to meritorious recitative.  Will have to maybe listen to some tonight ;-)

http://tanzil.net/#1:2 .... I like the vocal art of Al-Afasy.  My ears see sand dunes and Lawrence of Arabia ;-))  Awesome!

I absolutely agree with Muslims, that there is a miracle in this sound.  Just not the only miracle (I have taught Biblical Hebrew, read the Psalms in the original language).  With Ugraritic & Babylonian as Bronze Age Semitic languages, Hebrew & Aramaic as Early Iron Age Semitic languages, and Arabic & Ethiopic as Latter Iron Age Semitic languages, Arabic the greatest Semitic of all.

How about the Aramaic "Our Father" ... one can see the relationship ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOfRFb3oMTo

... my ears see angels in Heaven ;-)) Sublime!

But there is the only ancient language revived from the dead ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH8gtdDA5x0

... my ears see the longing of G-d for humanity ;-)) Divine!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

The ultra-violence, hate, and ignorance prevalent in "The Holy Land" is absolute proof that religion is shit. The big draws of cheating death, thinking you are special/chosen, having a purpose dictated to you and of course the social group benefits (with constant reinforcement that is required for the illusion.) What's not to like? Doesn't really matter that it is bronze age bullshit because it is a open check from a bank that does not exist.

This is why atheism is so damn sexy. It is all about courage and inner strength PLUS the intellectual ability to sift the truth from the onslaught of nonsense. There is a dignity unique to atheism. Islam is the opposite of all things I care about.

Baruch

I would add ... atheism can be very individualist, and many people, mostly in the West, align with that ethos.  Yes, if G-d were peace (and this isn't clear even in the NT) then G-d has clearly failed.

That Aramaic young woman (a community oppressed for millennia and still are today) and the little children at the candle lighting ceremony, such violence!

A report of the death of a Sumerian prince, to his father, 2400 BCE ... Why did this tablet survive?  Maybe it was precious to this father!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumerian_language#/media/File:Letter_Luenna_Louvre_AO4238.jpg

Officers today have to write letters of condolence to the parents of their men who die in combat.  Been done for over 4,400 years!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumerian_religion#/media/File:Sumerian_Worshiper.JPG

May the god Enki be justified!  Yet Jericho is older than Uruk, and we have no names for their gods.  Millenia before the first Semite.

Muslims can no more uproot the Jews than a tree can pull itself up out of the ground by its own roots.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Kibla sounds like some variation of qiblah, the direction of Kaaba where muslims turn when they pray. So I guess it is safe to say he/she is a muslim, possibly born in 92?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 23, 2020, 01:59:58 AM
Kibla sounds like some variation of qiblah, the direction of Kaaba where muslims turn when they pray. So I guess it is safe to say he/she is a muslim, possibly born in 92?

Says he ain't.

Says.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Kibla92

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 23, 2020, 01:59:58 AM
I am norwegian, wasnt raised to be one. Born in 1991. I am not kidding when i am saying. Kibla was just a random named i picked. I didnt think much about the name, i just typed on the keyboard.. and that was the name i picked

Mike Cl

Quote from: Kibla92 on August 23, 2020, 02:48:22 PM
I am norwegian, wasnt raised to be one. Born in 1991. I am not kidding when i am saying. Kibla was just a random named i picked. I didnt think much about the name, i just typed on the keyboard.. and that was the name i picked
Right.....................Random.................Ha!

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 23, 2020, 04:55:06 PM
Right.....................Random.................Ha!

Materialists think that all order arises from pure randomness, so there is no such thing as a non-coincidence ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.