News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Easy test of QM

Started by Baruch, January 20, 2020, 08:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

If you have a polarized light source (for example an LED computer screen with a blank white document full screen) and two polarizing filters (in this case polarizing filters for cameras) ... you can test this with 2, not 3 polarizers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcqZHYo7ONs

The consequences of this as approx. measured while I sat here, leads to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle (the choice of one or another polarizing filter in front (next to the LED screen) demonstrates non-commutivity of the experimental setup (as represented by square matrices), and even Bell's Theorem.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

In my case, I used filters for circular polarization, not linear polarization, but it works the same.  Linear polarizing films are more commonly used for sun glasses.  Has anyone tried this?

Per on lecturer on quantum computing at Microsoft, all analogy fails with quantum mechanics, because our intuition is conditioned by the classical world we are born into, and in which 99.9999999% of our experience reinforces.  This is why quantum mechanics is hard to understand.  But the mathematics works, even if intuition doesn't (accepting the three axioms of quantum mechanics as applied to photons).  It is possible to carry out the mathematics with a little education.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

There are different groups working to develop the frontiers of human understanding ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ztlIAYTCU

That is one such group.  They accept the reality of Schroedinger's Cat as a real problem, not a thought experiment.  Looking at decoherence on quantum computers, teaches you something else.  But this is a neat film anyway.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Ah yes..I see that..interesting.......verrry interesting...

🤥
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on April 20, 2020, 06:31:48 PM
Ah yes..I see that..interesting.......verrry interesting...

🤥

Their approach is naturalistic.  Hindus call this the Net Of Indra, have known this qualitatively for millennia.

In decoherence (as seen in quantum computing) ... since the Schrodinger's Cat is macroscopic, there is enough going on with the cat and the box and the air in the box, to disturb the entangled state, even if the random trigger to kill the cat hasn't happened yet, or afterward.  Basically why it is hard to make holograms (you have to achieve extreme mechanical vibration isolation of your optical setup).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.