George Floyd and racial justice

Started by GSOgymrat, May 30, 2020, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 30, 2020, 05:58:04 PM
[Is there somewhere the rich Californians don't move in hordes in the States? I have been listening same things from OR and WA for years now. Inflated real estate prices.]

E: An intact apsis looks fine considering the circumstances.

Almost 40 million live in California (not counting the illegals).  So when Cali does something ... it is like when the Fat Lady Sings.  Gotterdamerung!!

Oregon is called the state for people too crazy for California (Moonies and Rajneeshees).  People are concentrated in Portland, Salem and Eugene, all in one long valley.  Washington State is crowded around Seattle (no other good place there to live).  The Chinese have hyper inflated Vancouver, north of Seattle in Canada, so that will spill over in Seattle.  Of course Washington and Oregon have some lovely volcanoes.

Rich people?  Enlevez leur têtes!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 30, 2020, 08:17:12 PM
Oh, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Worse than shooting reporters?  Lower ratings ... aieee!  Chris and Andrew both drop in ratings.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 30, 2020, 07:44:11 PM
The riots are certainly not a good thing, but it is the only way these people are heard. You know how many people were completely apathetic to the murder of George Floyd, but are suddenly invested in the riots? A lot of people. They are part of the problem.

Racists in uniforms are allowed free reign to discriminate, harass, and even murder people of color, and the government covers up for them. I guarantee you, if there was no photographic or video evidence of the crime, nothing would have happened to the cops. Now those involved have been fired. What a slap on the wrist that is. You know what happens to people who are suspected of murder when they're not wearing a badge? They go to prison to await trail. But these guys get to wait at home, surrounded by guards to protect them until things blow over, while Conservatives play the "innocent until proven guilty" card.

Go piss on a cop or fireman, particularly when they are having a bad day.  They don't work for you, and they are trained to be armed and violent.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 30, 2020, 09:40:54 PM
honestly, you guys over there just have a complete systematic problem all over. Your gun laws are easy and while that remains there won't be a end to things like mass shootings or all other related gun crime. Living in such a state of tension its no wonder police develop violent and trigger happy tendencies, and the worst of them it just brings out the crocked states of mind like seeing anyone they deem less then themselves as a threat and so abuse the power they have.
And because its the same systematic issue, it results in retaliation of the worst kind based on that same level of fear and tension always hanging over them.

This isn't just a case of saying 'if we fix racism it'll fix everything', because you have a lot more problems there then just that.

You sent your criminals here, until Australia became available, remember ;-)  Human beings don't like people who aren't in their national, religious, racial, ethnic, political tribes.  Humans are tribal.  Just ask our Anglo-Saxon ancestors ;-)  Of course when one nation, religion, race, ethnicity or political party is ascendent, all the others are pissed.  Everyone on the planet is African in origin, and it shows.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 30, 2020, 09:56:02 PM
Add to that the fact that these violent tendencies are ignored or excused.  So someone that's been roughing up people unnecessarily for years "accidentally" kills a defenseless person.  Oopsie!  My bad.  Guess I'll go on paid leave for a couple months.

And the establishment just accepts that "these sorts of things happen" and we shouldn't rush to judgment because these people have hard and dangerous jobs.  Oh really?  Pizza delivery drivers are way more likely to get killed on the job but you don't see them crush someone's neck or shoot their dog or shoot at a cameraman or drive-by tear gas a nonviolent crowd.

When you put lethal weapons into the hands of people with zero accountability, you get serious problems.  Throw racial tensions into the mix, you get a real shitstorm.

Cops protect cops.  They don't work for you.  Black cops don't work for you.  Black cops don't love rioters either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Most of the page is Baruch spamming. News is America is turning to a 2020 Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH-QwK4v0ZI

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on May 30, 2020, 10:29:50 PM
You sent your criminals here, until Australia became available, remember ;-)

I don't recall doing that myself, probably one of my grandparents did so.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

Had a talk with my boyfriend about these recent events, and he gave his thoughts on it. He said how he feels that the original principle of black lives matters had merit to it, because black people in america are still looked down on and struggle, they do have problems and it needs attention given to the fact and things change for them.
However he said the problem with movements like BLM, same with the current wave of feminism and other similar political and social groups, is how they've become infested with toxic people, poisoning the well water, and making whatever the original concept of the movement meant to become corroded, and even become a entity that ruins the very concept of the original meaning.

This is why its hard to trust any modern movement now because of how much toxic people today ruin them for everyone, his own words. 
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on May 30, 2020, 09:40:54 PM
honestly, you guys over there just have a complete systematic problem all over. Your gun laws are easy and while that remains there won't be a end to things like mass shootings or all other related gun crime. Living in such a state of tension its no wonder police develop violent and trigger happy tendencies, and the worst of them it just brings out the crocked states of mind like seeing anyone they deem less then themselves as a threat and so abuse the power they have.
And because its the same systematic issue, it results in retaliation of the worst kind based on that same level of fear and tension always hanging over them.

This isn't just a case of saying 'if we fix racism it'll fix everything', because you have a lot more problems there then just that.

It sounds like you're making excuses for the cops. The problem isn't the stressful environment police work in. They're supposed to be trained to be able to deal with highly stressful situations. And yet you have cases like Philando Castile, who after being pulled over for a minor violation, placed his hands on the wheel and told the police officer that he had a gun so as to avoid spooking him. He had a license to carry, and made no aggressive moves. The police officer shot the man, with his girlfriend and her four-year-old daughter in the backseat. The girlfriend was calmer and more clear minded after seeing her boyfriend shot to death than this police officer.

There are a number of problems here.

1. Power with no accountability. Any time you give people power, there are going to be people who abuse it. But the police stick together like the mob. They protect their own first, and they think they are above the law.

2. Coverups. When a police officer is found guilty of excessive force, it is quickly swept under the rug.

3. Systematic racism. Police target people of color. They let their prejudices get in the way of doing their jobs. They use more force than necessary when stopping suspected criminals, and they harm and harass innocent people.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Munch on May 30, 2020, 11:34:58 PM
Had a talk with my boyfriend about these recent events, and he gave his thoughts on it. He said how he feels that the original principle of black lives matters had merit to it, because black people in america are still looked down on and struggle, they do have problems and it needs attention given to the fact and things change for them.
However he said the problem with movements like BLM, same with the current wave of feminism and other similar political and social groups, is how they've become infested with toxic people, poisoning the well water, and making whatever the original concept of the movement meant to become corroded, and even become a entity that ruins the very concept of the original meaning.

This is why its hard to trust any modern movement now because of how much toxic people today ruin them for everyone, his own words. 

A British gay man who obviously hasn't fought or struggled for any rights he enjoys has declared 'modern movements' as cannot be 'trusted' because of dem feminists and similar groups. Modern movements. Modern. Movements. LOL Which if not for them, and the dem leftists, as a 'homosexual' he would be in prison being raped or outside being raped and then beaten to death.

Tell your boyfriend to make a list and save it for the fast growing Neo nazi groups, far right fanatics in the UK fueled by the Brexit. Because when Brexit takes its toll and they start attacking systematically to any 'undesirable' groups from Polish to Muslims, he'll find that he is HIGH on their list. Then he can tell them about dem femminisssts corrupting modern human right movements while being beaten to death with a baseball bat.

This world hasn't seen dumber, more clueless right wing generations than yours.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Maybe telling minorities to sit down and shut up is not the right answer.  Granted it is the preferred social structure for the majority. 

But don't get pissed off beyond reason when one of your kind is unjustly murdered.  "God grant you the serenity to accept the things you cannot change, and shut up about it."  So you are ignored most of the time?  We are the majority, and we don't think there is a problem, except when you get ugly about it. That's a problem.  Everything would be fine, if you just didn't have to get so pissed about your lot in life.  Hey, you aren't the only one with problems.  If I miss the next payment on my yacht, I might lose it, and I have a hard time making those payments because the taxes on the thing are absurd.  You would understand if you knew how big the payments are.  You really don't have anything to be pissed off about.  We all have problems.

Was that sarcastic?  Have I misjudged the general tone of the majority?  OK, I agree you shouldn't break the law and riot.  Cops shouldn't break the law either, but mostly you shouldn't break the law.  It will only make us to want to break the law more.  This is why you should sit down and shut up.  It would really be for the best.  Now excuse me, I have to run to the bank.

Shiranu

You know what will help people calm down in protests started over police brutality? More brutality!

There are a metric shit-ton more videos, but I'm having a hard time finding them on youtube. Wondering if their algorithms delete or hide videos  involving police brutality...

Those four pigs really lit a powder keg. We have far-left, far-right, libertarian, anarchists, fascists out rioting as well as people tired of police abuse, tired of racial discrimination, unemployed and locked in their homes with nothing to do trying to have their voices heard. More and more I am seeing white nationalists and Antifa starting to appear in these cities, and it seems that there is chatter that there are instigators hoping something happens to spark a race war in the United States.

Things need to calm down before they get out-of-hand, but that requires a leader and unfortunately we don't really have one of those right now. It seems like things have already reached out-of-hand status.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

It looked like mostly white protestors were involved in that second video.  I guess people just enjoy a good riot.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on May 31, 2020, 07:39:57 AM
There are a metric shit-ton more videos, but I'm having a hard time finding them on youtube. Wondering if their algorithms delete or hide videos  involving police brutality...

Exactly the same thing we were talking about! It's not just that. I can't tell you how different the whole protests are being shown, from an outsider's perspective compared to other events. Usually, any portests or riots there are tons of every kind of videos automatically comes up when you google. It's instant.

Only official news sites coming up in any research. I doubt if people from other countries actually realise the dimension of what has been going on if they don't especially dig and even then they only see people attacking the police. Or some woman taking a dump on a police car.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

During the 2013 events, protestors have flown drones to record everything against censorship. I wonder if they could try doing that with lots of drones? One or two are bound to make? It needs organisation and planning though.