News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 10, 2020, 01:36:12 AM

New York City is now having to resort to using prison labour to dig the mass graves for their bodies.

Something tells me the GOP aren't crying, since most of those bodies probably voted Democrat anyways.

Besides, it is all a hoax. Numbers will be basically zero in a few days. Easter comes around and it will miraculously disappear.

Or in the words of Bill O'Riley today, "Anyone who dies to this were on their last legs anyways."

National Guard also being used to temporarily bury bodies.  Also elsewhere, unused ice-rinks being used to keep bodies cold.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 10, 2020, 06:17:26 AM
It's very sobering seeing pictures of a mass grave, something you don't expect to see these days after seeing images of it in history books about the last two major wars.

Makes me think of that fact that my grandmother and dad had funerals, even a guy like my dad who lost all respect from everyone still got given a decent send off and his brothers and sisters got to say their goodbyes.

Seeing this today made me think what would happen if my own mum caught this thing and died, unlike my dad, she actually is loved by our whole family and all her friends (she even has friends from America, gay fella from LA who came over here once and had a day in London with her and my aunt, long story), but yeah mum is like loved by everyone in our family and friends, so thinking of us not getting to come together and pay our final respects because of this thing is scary and heartbreaking. I'm going to do everything I can to protect her from this thing

Some family victims cremated, even though that isn't their tradition.  So additional angst.  I don't mind cremation myself, cleaner than burial.  And funerals in China are a big thing, bigger than in the US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6AgVC8yFopU

Patient recovering after being in intensive care, how harrowing it is to be there, seeing people dying around you, barely surviving himself.

A good clear message why people need to take this serious, and to grow a fucking brain cell why they need to isolate.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 10, 2020, 10:27:02 AM
Liberty University to sue journalists who made them look bad

I'd love to be the judge on this one.  Also, ever notice how the people who hide behind words like liberty and freedom hate it in practice?

I am not sure I support freedom of speech (sark).  Well, lawsuits are a thing.  Live with it.  Some are frivolous (famous McDonald's coffee trial) and win anyway.  Americans are the most lawsuit happy on this planet.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

""We Can't Give Our Product Away" - Farmers Toss Thousands Of Acres Of Fruits, Veggies As Sales Plummet" ... these are product normally sold to restaurants, which are all closed.

"HOMEOWNER SHOOTS AND KILLS INVADER IN "CORONAVIRUS DISGUISE," BURGLARIES ARE SPIKING AMID PANDEMIC" ... fortunately the mask my ex made for me doesn't say "hoodlum" about me.  But when banks open up again, I won't be wearing one then.  I could shoot a person trying that, but in these hard times I would rather knife him (don't have to dig out the bullet) and cook him.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

I swear this pandemic is bringing out the worst in people.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Sal1981 on April 10, 2020, 02:01:35 PM
Not Baruch-he is in that mode all the time.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sal1981

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 10, 2020, 02:09:53 PM
But that's because he's an misanthrope.

SGOS

I have experienced mostly the opposite.  Maybe it's the small town environment.  Maybe it's just some local effect.  But here we are for the most part holding each other at a physical distance while cooperating in a common effort for the common good and enjoying each other all the more for it.  I am having more and more gentle and friendly encounters with complete strangers who are physically too far away to hug.

I don't see this in the media coverage, and certainly not in the political arena, where the last 10 years of political division is as divisive, petty, and hateful as I can ever remember.  It's like people are rekindling some long forgotten value and working together, while ignoring the attitudes and expectations of our political leaders and the media who seem like they have temporarily lost control of the masses.

If Washington doesn't gain control of the virus, people might learn to work together in spite of the ass holes that run the country.  Well, OK the religious right is caught up in hot spots of civil disobedience, at least in the media.  I live in the Bible Belt.  I dunno, maybe my neighbors are sneaking off to have prayer meetings, but if they are they are not advertising it, and they are not making an effort to look like holier than thou jerks.

It's like a dream world.  Please don't wake me up yet.  Let me sleep just a little bit longer.

Sal1981

^ You have a point. the Media usually has an easier time selling stories of how the sky is falling than "mundane" stuff.

Shiranu

I'm not sure if this might deserve it's own thread, but it looks like the Coronavirus might finally get the Republicans something they have been fighting for for 30+ years... the death of the U.S. Postal Service. The Postmaster General has stated what they feel is required to keep the USPS afloat right now, and they were rejected by the GOP, with Trump telling his lackies not to give them anything.

Because bailing out corrupt corporations is a-okay, but a bailout for one of the few government programs that actually works pretty damn well is just simply unacceptable. Of course, the USPS actually pays it workers a living wage and that is a deadly sin in the eyes of rich old white men.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/us/politics/coronavirus-is-threatening-one-of-governments-steadiest-services-the-mail.html

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on April 10, 2020, 02:50:42 PM
I have experienced mostly the opposite.  Maybe it's the small town environment.  Maybe it's just some local effect.
Likewise here, except for not being a small town but a large city.  After the first couple days of panic buying and Chicken-Littleism, Columbus has settled into a new normal, and it's been drawing out a local sense of humor about it, too.

At least I hope being funny was the mayor's goal when he said, "It's time we all come together and practice social distancing..." XD
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

You don't know people very well.

https://voxeurop.eu/en/2020/state-emergency-hungary-5124519

We are all Hungarians now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 10, 2020, 02:09:53 PM

I am related to Snidly Whiplash!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 10, 2020, 03:23:52 PM
I'm not sure if this might deserve it's own thread, but it looks like the Coronavirus might finally get the Republicans something they have been fighting for for 30+ years... the death of the U.S. Postal Service. The Postmaster General has stated what they feel is required to keep the USPS afloat right now, and they were rejected by the GOP, with Trump telling his lackies not to give them anything.

Because bailing out corrupt corporations is a-okay, but a bailout for one of the few government programs that actually works pretty damn well is just simply unacceptable. Of course, the USPS actually pays it workers a living wage and that is a deadly sin in the eyes of rich old white men.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/us/politics/coronavirus-is-threatening-one-of-governments-steadiest-services-the-mail.html

Not keeping the post office open, would be a mistake.  So unlike Feinstein's husband who has made money from selling off small post office locations.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.