News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

"Fauci on US after coronavirus: No shaking hands ‘ever again’" ... I won't be shaking his incompetent hands.  He must be related to Howard Hughes.

"Washington’s 250-bed field hospital to be dismantled, sent to states worse-hit in coronavirus pandemic" ... Washington state, probably first hit in the US.  This is a sign that we have started to locally pass the peak of the first wave of the infection.  Good on them to forward their excess to those who need it.

Dr Birx got it right on AIDS, but she is part of the Bill Gates clique.  Maybe she can balance out Dr "Doom" Fauci.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on April 09, 2020, 12:36:44 PM
"Dr. Fauci Says US COVID-19 US Deaths Could Be As Low As 60K After Warning "Millions Could Die"" ... been often wrong this year, and in past decades.
If you tell someone not to walk out in traffic or they could get hit by a truck and they listen (for the most part) and don't get hurt, are you really wrong?

trdsf

There's another thing I am So.  Fucking.  Tired.  Of.  This whole thing about mortality estimates being revised downward.  Yes, they are -- because the original mortality estimates were based on just carrying on as normal, and which, thanks to those estimates, we didn't do.  That's not a measure of the original estimates being wrong, it's a measure that we're actually doing something fucking correctly for a change.

Almighty Bob, it's why I reach for a brick when I hear someone say that Y2K was overblown because "nothing happened".  Yes, nothing happened because us IT professionals busted our fucking asses to make sure things got fixed.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 09, 2020, 10:19:03 PM
How to deal with a pandemic.

https://people.com/health/new-zealands-efforts-eliminate-coronavirus-early-lockdown-are-promising/

New Zealand was in the good position of seeing the rest of the world fuck it up, and able to adjust themselves accordingly.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on April 09, 2020, 11:04:39 PM
New Zealand was in the good position of seeing the rest of the world fuck it up, and able to adjust themselves accordingly.
That used to be our thing.  :'(

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on April 09, 2020, 05:22:38 PM
There's another thing I am So.  Fucking.  Tired.  Of.  This whole thing about mortality estimates being revised downward.  Yes, they are -- because the original mortality estimates were based on just carrying on as normal, and which, thanks to those estimates, we didn't do.  That's not a measure of the original estimates being wrong, it's a measure that we're actually doing something fucking correctly for a change.

Almighty Bob, it's why I reach for a brick when I hear someone say that Y2K was overblown because "nothing happened".  Yes, nothing happened because us IT professionals busted our fucking asses to make sure things got fixed.

I was one of those IT professionals.  And thank you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 09, 2020, 04:58:56 PM
If you tell someone not to walk out in traffic or they could get hit by a truck and they listen (for the most part) and don't get hurt, are you really wrong?

How much money does he have in vaccine companies?  Hmm.  Yes, it could have been worse.  Too bad China and WHO are mass murderers (manslaughter).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

New York City is now having to resort to using prison labour to dig the mass graves for their bodies.

Something tells me the GOP aren't crying, since most of those bodies probably voted Democrat anyways.

Besides, it is all a hoax. Numbers will be basically zero in a few days. Easter comes around and it will miraculously disappear.

Or in the words of Bill O'Riley today, "Anyone who dies to this were on their last legs anyways."
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

It's very sobering seeing pictures of a mass grave, something you don't expect to see these days after seeing images of it in history books about the last two major wars.

Makes me think of that fact that my grandmother and dad had funerals, even a guy like my dad who lost all respect from everyone still got given a decent send off and his brothers and sisters got to say their goodbyes.

Seeing this today made me think what would happen if my own mum caught this thing and died, unlike my dad, she actually is loved by our whole family and all her friends (she even has friends from America, gay fella from LA who came over here once and had a day in London with her and my aunt, long story), but yeah mum is like loved by everyone in our family and friends, so thinking of us not getting to come together and pay our final respects because of this thing is scary and heartbreaking. I'm going to do everything I can to protect her from this thing
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Shiranu on April 10, 2020, 01:36:12 AM

New York City is now having to resort to using prison labour to dig the mass graves for their bodies.

Hart Island has been used as a Potter's Field by New York City for a long time. By some accounts there are more than a million bodies buried there. It is the largest public cemetery in the US. Prisoners have been burying the bodies there for a long time, but the city hired contractors to bury the COVID-19 victims. So no, they didn't have to resort to using prison labor to dig mass graves for their bodies.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

SGOS

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on April 10, 2020, 08:34:20 AM
Hart Island has been used as a Potter's Field by New York City for a long time. By some accounts there are more than a million bodies buried there. It is the largest public cemetery in the US. Prisoners have been burying the bodies there for a long time, but the city hired contractors to bury the COVID-19 victims. So no, they didn't have to resort to using prison labor to dig mass graves for their bodies.
This is a real thing then???  I thought it an April Fools joke.

Hydra009

Liberty University to sue journalists who made them look bad

I'd love to be the judge on this one.  Also, ever notice how the people who hide behind words like liberty and freedom hate it in practice?

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: SGOS on April 10, 2020, 09:49:53 AM
This is a real thing then???  I thought it an April Fools joke.

It's real thing. Hart Island has been used as a cemetery since the Civil War. The City of New York started interning unclaimed remains there in the late 1860's, and have been doing that ever since. The cemetery is operated and maintained by prisoners from Riker's Island, but the city hired a contractor to take care of the remains of COVID-19 victims. Standard practice these days is a trench containing 1000 pine coffins stacked 5 deep.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.