News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Was announced today, Boris has contracted the disease.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fSH2Ze3OGbY

Mild symptoms. Though might mean it has spread to the rest of parliment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OEcfKnVaJlg
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Putin wears a full hazmat suit.  Boris should have been wearing one even last year when in Parliament ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSbwYyyCIJU
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

My county just used the emergency alert system to issue a Stay at Home order starting this evening. Looking at the list of restrictions, it is basically what I have already been doing.

Hijiri Byakuren

My state's breaking it down by city now. 11 confirmed in my home town, 72 in the city where I work. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Sal1981

144  total infected

54 recoveries

507 in quarantine

3120 tests in total

2 in hospital

no deaths so far here out of a population of 52,000 people.

4 more infected since yesterday, so it seems to be under control. It's just that there's an unknown number infected as well, so when shopping every precaution is being made by pretty much everyone.

2 arrests were made yesterday for people breaking quarantine too.

Sal1981

And of course; the Bible thumpers have their own novel take on the Covid-19 coronavirus.

https://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/trumps-cabinet-pastor-has-a-wild-theory-that-coronavirus-is-gods-wrath/

it's teh gheys & unbelievers fault. Fucking moron.

Munch

If it were god's wrath, how come non-believers are alive?

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 27, 2020, 01:38:21 PM
My state's breaking it down by city now. 11 confirmed in my home town, 72 in the city where I work. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Or this really is no worse than the seasonal flu, and old people die anyway?  Do try to get a grip.  I am guessing you aren't in a major city ... in which case you were fucked even before the virus came ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 27, 2020, 03:54:14 PM
144  total infected

54 recoveries

507 in quarantine

3120 tests in total

2 in hospital

no deaths so far here out of a population of 52,000 people.

4 more infected since yesterday, so it seems to be under control. It's just that there's an unknown number infected as well, so when shopping every precaution is being made by pretty much everyone.

2 arrests were made yesterday for people breaking quarantine too.

Faroe Islands has very high per capita case rate (2974/million), like all small densely populated locations, like San Marino.  San Marino is the worst off small place, because they are right next to N Italy (6572/million).  So don't be complacent!  US is only 303/million.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Just had the first death in my county, a 44-year old man with no underlying conditions about 20 miles from where I live. Fun times.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

There's 317 reported cases in my county. Thing is my town is the one with one of the bigger hospitals so patients from other towns are being brought to it.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on March 27, 2020, 07:02:36 PM
Just had the first death in my county, a 44-year old man with no underlying conditions about 20 miles from where I live. Fun times.

As bad as it is someone that age and without prior health conditions can die of it, it does give us better insight into the thing. Reports like this need to be hammered into fools who don't treat this like a serious thing, who go about like it's any other day.
Sadly I know a couple people like this, family friends who aren't taking it serious, dog walking in their local town rather then driving to an unpopulated area, going to the local shops without a care. Needless to say if one of them calls my mother about coming to see her I'm barricading the front door from them.

aitm

I picked a bad time to start smoking again.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on March 27, 2020, 07:16:04 PM
As bad as it is someone that age and without prior health conditions can die of it, it does give us better insight into the thing. Reports like this need to be hammered into fools who don't treat this like a serious thing, who go about like it's any other day.
Yeah, there's a misconception that only older folks are at risk.  While people older than 60 do make up the bulk of deaths, people in their 30s and 40s - especially people with asthma or bronchitis - absolutely can die from this, too.  People shouldn't falsely assume that it's no big deal because they're relatively young.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on March 27, 2020, 07:02:36 PM

Exactly.  People have unknown conditions ... which is why people with no "known" underlying conditions have crisis or sudden death.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.