Only if you live in the woods.  Dem's good eatin' - Grizzly Bear
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"More Than 70 Million Americans Have Been Locked Down So Far, And This Is Just The Beginning..." ... New Jersey just joined 4 other states in complete lockdown.

"It's Not Just Toilet-Paper & Hand-Sanitizer - Condoms & Pot Sales Soar Amid Global Lockdown" ... what is really important to people ;-)

"In Sweeping Power Grab, DOJ Seeks Ability To Detain People Indefinitely Without Trial" ... DOJ is the most corrupt justice-related department of the Federal government.  Under every Administration.  Just suspend the Constitution already?

"'Stay Indoors Or Risk A Year In Prison': Jordan Blows Sirens At Start Of Virus Lockdown" ... a severe penalty.  In other locations, the fine is multiple tens of thousands of dollars.

PS - "Half of All Coronavirus Cases in New York Are People Under 50 Years Old" ... just because it is less lethal with younger folks ... don't go to the beach!

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

So a the infections spreads to South Texas, Hildago county.

It begins.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 22, 2020, 04:01:39 AM

It begins.

It was nice knowing you Drac.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 22, 2020, 04:01:39 AM

It begins.

Texas should be first in everything! ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need right now.

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 22, 2020, 08:08:10 AM

Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need right now.

To late, they already made safespace. His powers of holding his hand out and saying 'No' firmly will protect him from the virus
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

aitm

My daughter works at an exotic pet store. They have cut their hours, limited the amount allowed in at a time, even limited the time to 5 minutes unless your buying an animal. Give us your list of supplies we will gather it for you while you wait.
Some guy started screaming through the window, “you are all over reacting this is not that big of a deal” she responded as I suggested. “And we want to keep it that way, better your right than me”
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: aitm on March 22, 2020, 09:36:18 AM
Some guy started screaming through the window, “you are all over reacting this is not that big of a deal”
To the person who doesn't give a shit about anyone else, he comes to work sick and happily transmits whatever he has to everyone else.  Why should he care?  He's willing to take his chances, and if he's already sick, he gains nothing by isolating from others.  We have always tolerated this and sometimes admired people who never miss a day of work.

We don't know if the guy at the window is wrong.  Maybe quarantine and isolation is a global conspiracy to further some unseen end.  Maybe it is an over reaction.  Maybe it is just a hard pressed media trying to get people to buy their product.  Maybe it's a power mad president's need to declare martial law.  But the thing is that guy screaming at the window doesn't know any more than anyone else.  He's just pissed off. 

Bring in the tanks, and clear the streets, not for our own safety, but because I find that asshole annoying.  For once we have people in general agreement prepared to come together in cooperation, and some fuckhead with little or no knowledge wants to set his own rules.  But then he probably speaks for a lot of people.

I hope to Hell, that guy is right, but that doesn't mean I should believe his bullshit either.  On this particular issue, I'm willing to go with the flow.  I've got nothing to lose by just accepting that some actual experts know more than I do.  I would offer that advice to Dr. Trump also.

Baruch

Don't worry, Dr Biden will be starting fire-side chats shortly, pretending to be FDR ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

115 infected in total, 14 recoveries, 2077 tests, and +600 in quarantine as of today in the Faroes.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on March 22, 2020, 10:11:47 AM
To the person who doesn't give a shit about anyone else, he comes to work sick and happily transmits whatever he has to everyone else.  Why should he care?  He's willing to take his chances, and if he's already sick, he gains nothing by isolating from others.
Typhoid Joe admitted as much to me at work today.  I gave him a wide berth.  And today was my last day working during this pandemic.  I'm going into self-isolation for 4-5 weeks starting today.  This way, I avoid getting and transmitting the disease.  NC is going to start having serious problems very soon and I refuse to contribute to them.  I'm sitting this one out.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on March 22, 2020, 10:27:23 AM
Don't worry, Dr Biden will be starting fire-side chats shortly, pretending to be FDR ;-)

Personally, I would prefer fireside chats than incessant stream of consciousness tweets.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust