News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on March 04, 2020, 09:09:46 PM
just incase do what I'm gonna do, stock up on things like canned foods, packets of instant noodles and soups, and oatmeal, stuff that'll keep for weeks incase you need to self quarantine
They sent around an all-staff email today about how to be prepared, all of which were pretty common-sense things to do... and things people shouldn't need to be reminded to do, like washing your hands and covering your mouth when you cough and sneeze.

There are times I despair of humanity.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

VP Pence was on a video this week, where he clearly doesn't know elementary precautions.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

I often make meals in advance that I take to work. This time I'm going to make a big pot of chicken soup and freeze individual servings.

Sal1981

A manager puts up a point I think is missed a lot of the times:

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1235192497162399744

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 05, 2020, 11:35:14 AM
A manager puts up a point I think is missed a lot of the times:

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1235192497162399744

His point about listen to the experts not laymen like me was great, but that's not an answer to the question that was asked. The question was are you worried about the spread of the virus as a team? His answer should have been either 1. No we don't give a shit. or 2. Yes we are worried about it and are taking precautions advised by experts in the field.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Munch

Still, his point is made, it shouldn't come from politicians and celebrities, it needs to come from experts who known what their saying. I'm prepared to self quarantine if need be because most doctors here are saying if you think you have it don't go to a doctors surgery with it.

I was reading a report today about a store chain here in the UK, one that's in my town called Wilko, and it's declared it will not give sick pay to workers off with the virus, to it's 21000 workers. Shit like this needs to be called into question by authorities, because if people working in shops are forcing themselves to come into work at a store because not working will mean they can't make money to live off of, then the store is right out allowing the virus to spread to customers.

It's funny because in the UK, if a child so much as sneezes in a classroom, health and safety might deem a school a hazard and close it, but a busy store with hundreds of customers coming though each day would expect it's sick workers to work and infect the public.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 05, 2020, 12:34:02 PM
Still, his point is made, it shouldn't come from politicians and celebrities, it needs to come from experts who known what their saying. I'm prepared to self quarantine if need be because most doctors here are saying if you think you have it don't go to a doctors surgery with it.

I was reading a report today about a store chain here in the UK, one that's in my town called Wilko, and it's declared it will not give sick pay to workers off with the virus, to it's 21000 workers. Shit like this needs to be called into question by authorities, because if people working in shops are forcing themselves to come into work at a store because not working will mean they can't make money to live off of, then the store is right out allowing the virus to spread to customers.

It's funny because in the UK, if a child so much as sneezes in a classroom, health and safety might deem a school a hazard and close it, but a busy store with hundreds of customers coming though each day would expect it's sick workers to work and infect the public.

Roger-Wilco,over and out!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

""It's Like A Ghost Town": Major Cities All Over The Globe Are Paralyzed By Fear Of Covid-19" ... this is the greatest damage of coronavirus.

"Seattle Closes 26 Schools; WHO Says Outbreak Not Yet A Pandemic But "There Are Some Very Concerning Signs"" ... I blame Bill Gates hiding in his Digital Fortress of Solitude ;-)

"Iranian General: Coronavirus Is A Manmade Bio-Weapon" ... no, it was coronavirus being wild for all of December before the Chinese admitted anything, and lots of travel between China and their Iranian ally.  That and Iran living 500 years in the past.

"China Hints At Blackmail Over Pharmaceutical Exports, Would "Plunge US Into Mighty Sea Of Coronavirus"" ... this is how the trade war becomes a hot war.  I still think the Chinese own this, even if it was natural or accidental release of a bio-weapon.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2020, 12:44:31 PM
Roger-Wilco,over and out!
Typical Baruch.  Translation:
(Roger-Wilco)-hear you and will comply; (over)--talk; (and out)--shut up.
Baruch so loves to spin his wheels and say exactly nothing.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 05, 2020, 01:42:52 PM

Typical Baruch.  Translation:
(Roger-Wilco)-hear you and will comply; (over)--talk; (and out)--shut up.
Baruch so loves to spin his wheels and say exactly nothing.

It was a joke, on the name of the British company ... you are just a villain at the sad villain bar ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLyulYMZbj8

If you do develop lock-jaw, do try to get your face into a happy smile first!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Italian exponential math …

148 dead now, vs 74 dead 2 days ago.  So the fatality doubling time is every 2 days.  In 20 days that means a increase of the total by ~1000 times, so there should be about 150,000 total deaths by the end of March ;-(  Of course at some point the pandemic will burn out, because in less than 40 days, reductio ad absurdum, there would no Italians left alive!

One thing I do know, Mel Gibson knows how to survive this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtjGTrVwRr4

No soy boys in that bunch ;-)

Given first US fatality was 2/29 ... the US is 15 days behind Italy aka we could have 150,000 total deaths by mid April.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Munch on March 05, 2020, 12:34:02 PM

This is an example of why you can't trust corporations with the welfare of citizens. Universal and comprehensive healthcare coverage and a universal basic income would provide a safety net for people so they could weather emergencies like an epidemic without becoming destitute. It would relieve companies, especially small businesses, from the financial burden of providing private healthcare plans and other costly benefits. Let the government keep it's citizens healthy and safe while corporations focus on making profits.

Unbeliever

I see that Trump told Hannity that he had a "hunch" that the death rate wasn't nearly as large as the CDC says it is. I hope only his fan club will believe that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQjqxO7N08I
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 05, 2020, 04:48:48 PM
This is an example of why you can't trust corporations with the welfare of citizens. Universal and comprehensive healthcare coverage and a universal basic income would provide a safety net for people so they could weather emergencies like an epidemic without becoming destitute. It would relieve companies, especially small businesses, from the financial burden of providing private healthcare plans and other costly benefits. Let the government keep it's citizens healthy and safe while corporations focus on making profits.

Yes, by definition a corporation would behave like that drug company exec who was jailed for jacking up the price of a necessary drug, just because he could.  Like Al Capone, the law had to get Skreli on accounting, not on evil.

"Martin Shkreli, a former pharmaceutical executive notorious for sharply increasing drug prices, mounting sneering defenses of his actions and even issuing a bounty for one of Hillary Clinton's hairs ..."

"Shkreli was charged in federal court, then convicted on two counts of securities fraud and one count of conspiring to commit securities fraud. In 2018, Shkreli was sentenced to seven years in federal prison and up to $7.4 million in fines."

"Daraprim, used to treat AIDS, malaria and cancer patients, once cost $13.50 a pill. Now it costs $750 a pill." ... the tangential attempt by the government to slap him down, didn't work ...

A "common good" government does some things better.  But partisanship cancels that out.  A huge government is a huge deal, it can do a lot of good or a lot of bad.

I have a hunch that regular people, even activists, don't know what they are talking about.  But being human, we talk and talk anyway ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"SOFT QUARANTINE JUST HIT AMERICA, WASHINGTON ASKS 2.2 MILLION PEOPLE TO STAY HOME, SCHOOLS SHUT DO.." ... Washington State, not DC.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.