News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

when is the Pope's next visit to the White House?😏
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

aitm

Trump will take credit for creating jobs replacing the stiffs lost to the virus. Then claim he got them raises due to demand. The man is a genius.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on February 28, 2020, 07:51:16 AM
Trump will take credit for creating jobs replacing the stiffs lost to the virus. Then claim he got them raises due to demand. The man is a genius.

Usual politics.  Present politician tries to get credit for what happened in the last 3 administrations, if it looks good on him.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Munch on February 27, 2020, 10:43:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGW1iL88Fws

Uh ooooooh

He's got the best health care possible, all he's got to do is pray, and have all his minions pray for him, and God will fix him right up.

Uh...right?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

If the stock market goes down Trump loses money, and that's the only thing he cares about.
God Not Found

Munch

my boyfriend feels concerned, not because of getting the virus, but what its gonna do to the stock market, given he works in a bank dealing with people internationally.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Maybe this virus will at least show the world how interconnected we all are. We really do live in a global village.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 28, 2020, 01:55:20 PM
If the stock market goes down Trump loses money, and that's the only thing he cares about.

And Bloomberg, the Plutocrat behind the 2018 Dem win.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 28, 2020, 03:18:12 PM
my boyfriend feels concerned, not because of getting the virus, but what its gonna do to the stock market, given he works in a bank dealing with people internationally.

Iceland banks doing fine, German banks sinking even a year ago.  Wherever there is integrity, there is good banking.  Iceland was the only country to jail their bankers in 2008.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Munch on February 28, 2020, 03:18:12 PM
I have dropped 30 grand in 4 days. I am with your boyfriend.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Mermaid on February 28, 2020, 08:01:48 PM

I live in happy ignorance when it comes to our investments and gladly let my husband deal with it.

My husband: "Do you realize we lost $50,000 in the past 24 hours?"

Me: "I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it."

Munch

investments are as fickle as karma.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

I have dropped 30 grand in 4 days.
Me too.  Hell, I dropped a hundred grand.

...it turns out there was a hole in the candy box that I could barely afford.

Hydra009

Infection, "recovery", reinfection.  Fun times.  This is like some 28 Weeks Later stuff right here.

Baruch

So sorry!  I worry about Cavebear, being all in on Wall Street.  One could say bad things about finance, but I don't think it would help ;-(

All three of my pensions are at risk, my retirement is at risk.  But I am fortunate in not being completely all-in on paper assets.  But this is like being a passenger in a plane that is having engine problem, but I at least have a parachute.  Avoid the virus if you can, hopefully the financially motivated panic (people make money on things going down or up) will subside (though I will kill a neighbor for toilet paper if I have to).

Sorry for others with paper losses.  You know who you are.  But I don't think this is a post-civilization situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfyL8qAxvPU
Even Imelda Marcos ran out of closet space.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.