News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 26, 2020, 01:41:48 PM
C.D.C. Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the U.S.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/25/health/coronavirus-us.html

It may be worse than I thought - and I'm a pessimist.
It is worse than you thought: the Orange Disaster Area has put Ayatollah Pence in charge of the American coronavirus response.  I would much rather it be someone who accepted science, and didn't have a nonzero chance of suggesting we pray our way out of it.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on February 27, 2020, 01:28:29 AM
It is worse than you thought: the Orange Disaster Area has put Ayatollah Pence in charge of the American coronavirus response.  I would much rather it be someone who accepted science, and didn't have a nonzero chance of suggesting we pray our way out of it.

That does have scary optics.  I think of Pence as a mortician.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I can understand them trying to play down the fear of the masses, but sometimes the fear of the masses is a good thing, as long as they DON"T PANIC!

I suspect Trump just wanted a viable scapegoat, just in case...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

I would invite Dems to the top of the Mayan pyramid, just in case there is a solar eclipse ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

""The religious movement was founded in 1984 by Lee Man-hee, now 88, who claims to be an immortal prophet sent by Jesus Christ."" ... more detail on S Korean cult that may have propagated coronavirus in S Korea.

"Covid-19 Infects Iranian Vice President, Kills Iran Ambassador To Vatican" ... Muslims need to avoid mosques from now on.

"Scientists Discover HIV-Like "Mutation" Which Makes Coronavirus Extremely Infectious" ... backing debunked early Indian research.  Ability of this virus to penetrate cells is many times more efficient than SARS, uses technique found in Ebola and Aids.

"UK Government Document Warns Coronavirus Could Infect 80%, Kill Half A Million Brits" ... last but not least, and only worse-case ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: Baruch on February 27, 2020, 03:49:26 PM
Ability of this virus to penetrate cells is many times more efficient than SARS, uses technique found in Ebola and Aids.
you make it sound like the corona virus researched Ebola before it began its attackðŸ¤"
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

fencerider

Mike Pence the new Zharrrr of Viruses.

problem #1 - Trump does't have any legal authority to tell Pence what to do because Pence is legally part of the legislature.

problem #2 - Pence doesn't know a dam thing about viruses.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Unbeliever

Pence will probably try to pray it away.
God Not Found

SoldierofFortune

This virus warns all the humanity of the threat approaching.
Maybe it's not a threat but just a warning. oh, God please forbids.
I am sure that you have heard of what is called depopulation and it's a real thing i think.
The growth of the human population is not sustainable.
This World is possessed by some, and its destiny of course is being controlled.
The control is stronger and more violent than ever thanks to the improvments in the Technologies that serve to watch all the humanity.
All of us are being watched. Can you believe that they WHO are tech. owners can remotely read what is time shown by our handwatch, from outer space…

Unbeliever

Malthus wouldn't be at all surprised, would he?
God Not Found

fencerider

yellow fever is a big problem in China. some countries close by don't allow Chinese people to come in without proof that they don't have yellow fever.

ðŸ¤"What is to keep a China-man from coming to US with yellow fever? There are vaccines available, but it's not a reg vaccine. Maybe the Dr has to order it instead of going in the backroom to get it.

Baruch

If you don't control your border and have competent customs people, you get what you deserve ...

Pence as Czar is to take focus and pressure off of Dr Trump, from Dem demands that he provide instant gratification (didn't even happen with whores he was with).

The US has a Surgeon General (public health head, they do have uniforms), and Trump as CinC commands the whole military medical corp.

So, you only want a virologist from Johns Hopkins to be President?  A little late ...

I look forward to the depopulation of N America.  Best thing since 1492.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: fencerider on February 27, 2020, 07:40:16 PM
you make it sound like the corona virus researched Ebola before it began its attackðŸ¤"

Or it was engineered that way...
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on February 27, 2020, 10:19:54 PM
Or it was engineered that way...

We will never know.  Unless you die of coronavirus etc ... and you may know before I do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin