News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 25, 2020, 01:41:08 PM
Well, people have been predicting for some time that nature would have the last laugh. Maybe that's what's about to happen.

What?  No laughing gas out of volcanic cracks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU0d8kpybVg

Rumor only ... in Wuhan the mass hospital beds are too few, so not-dead-yet are being put in body bags and sent to the crematoria anyway ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"CORONAVIRUS QUARANTINE BROKEN IN ITALY, MARKETS RAIDED N PANIC, ITALY SHOCKED BY SPEED OF VIRUS" .... oops, just like San Diego USA.  New Monty Python skit .... "Bring out your pasta ..." shelves are already empty.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Well, Trump says everything is under control, so I guess we don't have anything to worry about...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rTStmOaKLJk

It really shouldn't be compared to the black death, as the health minister said 4/5 cases of the virus getting it only produced mild flu or cold like symptoms.
I'd stress this again to, people die of the common flu each year at the same rate, so if you don't do anything stupid like thinking you have it and then going to a ball game, it's likely no more will come of this then a flu outbreak.
And we're not seeing end of the world headlines from the yearly flu outbreak
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 25, 2020, 06:02:37 PM
Well, Trump says everything is under control, so I guess we don't have anything to worry about...

"Yes, Trump has the best brain of all" - Megamind
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"China Cancels Top Political Meeting As Virus Crisis Worsens" .... Comrades worried that if Emperor Xi has a coughing fit, it is really a purge of the Communist party ...

"8,000 Californians Under "Self-Imposed Quarantine", South Korea Locks Down City Of 2.5 Million People: Virus Updates" ... maybe just an over-reaction then?  Maybe the point is to prevent people from going to work, or even going to caucus or primary?

"Iranian Deputy Health Minister Infected With Coronavirus Seen Looking Feverish During Official Press Conference"... Iranian stupidity, he should be isolated!

"Red Gold: China's Stealth Plan To Use Precious Metals For World Domination"" ... mentioned this years ago, were the gold sold by Gordon Brown went off to.  If half the Chinese die, then the per capita gold holding doubles for the same amount of gold ... a win?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

C.D.C. Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the U.S.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/25/health/coronavirus-us.html

It may be worse than I thought - and I'm a pessimist.
God Not Found

PopeyesPappy

Per the government we should all have at least 2-weeks of supplies in case of a major emergency. I don't think that's enough. There are 10 people in this town I give a really give a shit about, and for several years I've had a goal of stockpiling enough food to last the 10 of us for 3 months. I've been working on it slowly over time, but this pandemic threat kicked me into high gear. Over the last few days I have ordered about $1600 of additional food stuff. Once it all shows up I'll have enough to feed the 10 of us 2000 calories a day, not counting the calories in the oil and sugar, for 90 days. 39 buckets, 90 #10 cans, 69 other assorted cans/bottles/boxes, and 99 non food items including lots of TP and four 100 lb propane tanks. I'm a little over $7000 into this. Almost $5700 of that in food.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

GSOgymrat

How religion is playing a role in the spread of coronavirus in Korea

https://qz.com/1808390/religion-is-at-the-heart-of-koreas-coronavirus-outbreak/

Religion is at the center of many lives in Korea. Now it’s at the center of a rapidly spreading contagion.

The largest number of Covid-19 infections outside of China is now in Korea. Health officials there have confirmed more than 1,000 cases and the virus has so far killed 11 people. About half those cases are linked to the Shincheonji Church of Jesus, a group the government describes as a cult, prompting officials to test all 200,000 of its followers.

Authorities linked another cluster of cases to a church in the southern city of Busan, and yet another to a group of Catholic pilgrims returning from Israel. The virus also infected a number of people at the Myeongseong megachurch in Seoul, which has 80,000 congregants.

In response, the Catholic Church today suspended all masses in Korea. Buddhist temples and Protestant churches around the country have also suspended religious gatherings. Shincheonji halted its services too. The moves to limit religious activity in Korea are by no means specific to Koreaâ€"churches and temples in Singapore and Hong Kong have made similar decisions. But organized religion has played a far bigger role in the spread of Covid-19 in Korea.

Explaining the linkages between religion and the outbreak in Korea, Francis Jae-ryong Song, a professor in sociology at Kyung Hee University in Seoul, described the country as a “zealous Christian state.” She said many Korean Christians have an “evangelical mindset” and their religious activities, like attending worship sessions and outreach multiple times a week, and their unwillingness to curb those activities, may have led to the large-scale spread of the contagion. ...

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 26, 2020, 01:41:48 PM
C.D.C. Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the U.S.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/25/health/coronavirus-us.html

It may be worse than I thought - and I'm a pessimist.

"SAN FRANCISCO DECLARES EMERGENCY OVER CORONAVIRUS, CDC SAYS ITS COMING, PEOPLE FIGHTING OVER FOOD" ... take care ... and remember, people taste like chicken ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on February 26, 2020, 04:55:57 PM
How religion is playing a role in the spread of coronavirus in Korea

https://qz.com/1808390/religion-is-at-the-heart-of-koreas-coronavirus-outbreak/

Religion is at the center of many lives in Korea. Now it’s at the center of a rapidly spreading contagion.

The largest number of Covid-19 infections outside of China is now in Korea. Health officials there have confirmed more than 1,000 cases and the virus has so far killed 11 people. About half those cases are linked to the Shincheonji Church of Jesus, a group the government describes as a cult, prompting officials to test all 200,000 of its followers.

Authorities linked another cluster of cases to a church in the southern city of Busan, and yet another to a group of Catholic pilgrims returning from Israel. The virus also infected a number of people at the Myeongseong megachurch in Seoul, which has 80,000 congregants.

In response, the Catholic Church today suspended all masses in Korea. Buddhist temples and Protestant churches around the country have also suspended religious gatherings. Shincheonji halted its services too. The moves to limit religious activity in Korea are by no means specific to Koreaâ€"churches and temples in Singapore and Hong Kong have made similar decisions. But organized religion has played a far bigger role in the spread of Covid-19 in Korea.

Explaining the linkages between religion and the outbreak in Korea, Francis Jae-ryong Song, a professor in sociology at Kyung Hee University in Seoul, described the country as a “zealous Christian state.” She said many Korean Christians have an “evangelical mindset” and their religious activities, like attending worship sessions and outreach multiple times a week, and their unwillingness to curb those activities, may have led to the large-scale spread of the contagion. ...

"The doomsday church that is at the heart of South Korea’s COVID-19 crisis was holding prayer sermons in Wuhan, China, where the illness originated, until December." ... Jim Jones, Gangnam Style ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on February 26, 2020, 05:58:13 PM
people taste like chicken ;-)

How do chickens taste?

With their tongues, just like people!

LOL
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 26, 2020, 06:07:29 PM
How do chickens taste?

With their tongues, just like people!

LOL

You old gizzard you!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

boyfriend told me how there was a report of a school in northern ireland where a student had come back from italy, and it caused the school to shut and all students, parents and teachers to be tested for the virus.
Thankfully there were no reported cases, guess the student came back before it hit areas of italy.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 26, 2020, 06:30:35 PM
boyfriend told me how there was a report of a school in northern ireland where a student had come back from italy, and it caused the school to shut and all students, parents and teachers to be tested for the virus.
Thankfully there were no reported cases, guess the student came back before it hit areas of italy.

Here is the problem .. the germ won't kill you, the social reaction will.  Shut down all human contact or 30 days, no work, no shopping.  Most humanity will be dead, except for Mormons (hmmm) who keep 1 year of food in the pantry.  The problem for China is letting people back to work, back to the store, too soon, and just bouncing the number of people infected up when people mix again.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.