News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

My arm is a little sore from the booster shot, just like the 1st and 2nd shots. No worse than a flu vaccination, for which I'm happy.

SGOS

Quote from: Dark Lightning on October 27, 2021, 04:16:51 PM
My arm is a little sore from the booster shot, just like the 1st and 2nd shots. No worse than a flu vaccination, for which I'm happy.
I woke this morning with a very vague ache in my arm at the injection point.  Right now I have to concentrate to actually feel any discomfort.

Cassia

Ivermectin may well help with covid; I don't really know yet...but me thinketh this horse story is funny.
https://www.thebeaverton.com/2021/10/misinformed-horse-uses-covid-19-vaccine-to-treat-worm-infestation/

Cassia

Dark Lightning

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on October 30, 2021, 10:41:27 PM
......check out the resurrection attempts by prayer warriors. How far out of reality are we gonna go? 

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/post/bernadette-elaine-joy-elder-58-destin-fl-kingdom-age-lifestyle-anti-vaxxer-dead-from-covid

From the comments of that piece:

Quoteoldcoot71
2 hours ago
•
Dead Poets Society

OK, so, uh, this: "claiming she was "transrelocated" by God to get her through a traffic jam"

I used that identical explanation in court to explain how I was at home, drinking a few, then all of a sudden, behind the wheel of a pickup truck that had just plowed into church bus.

One, you'd thought the church folks would have understood and hid me from the police. Secondly, the judge looked at me, and said "Then you won't have any problem  with 90 days in jail, since the Spirit can transrelocate you anywhere you'd rather be"

Sadly, the Spirit never came back.....
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

We went to Walgreen's to get our boosters...said it would be 1/2 hr wait even though we had appts and pre-filled out the forms....so we hung out in the parking lot on the pick-up bed gate for a while (redneck style) instead of inhaling all that coughed out air.

I find myself picturing everyone not wearing a mask as a monster and I have like this 8 gauge shotgun and I am blowing their heads off. Helps pass the time, Quake style.

PS..they advised against getting flu shots with the covid boosters as people were feeling poorly for days...OK will wait a few weeks then.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on November 02, 2021, 05:12:43 PM
I don't believe in spiritual karma, but Darwin is relentless.
https://www.advocate.com/politics/2021/10/29/antimasker-who-used-gay-slur-anchorage-lawmaker-now-dead-covid

A black nurse's tweet has got posted on reddit. She gets into the room to give epidural to a white female in labour. The woman screams that no way, she can't be her nurse. By the time a white nurse comes around, it is too late for en epidural. She gives an unwanted natural birth to twins. Isn't it lovely? After reading that I thought about how mothers never forget their birth stories, and they have the need to tell it over and over again. Yeah, I'm petty and happy.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Looking good there tough guy. Nobody gonna stick a needle in him. LOL. These damned religious anti-vaxxers are so worried about the guberment and their privacy and then they post pics of their dying (now dead) relatives hooked to machines and talk about their bowels and shit. This waste of icu resources has 5 kids and was using memes to compare covid mandates to the Nazis. WTF. Another MAGA hat went into the dumpster. And who pays the bills for all this stupidity?

Hydra009

Antivaxx attitudes, covid linger

QuoteAlthough 77% of American adults have now received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, trends indicate slowing rates and missing second shots

QuoteMore than one-fifth (21.4%) of the national respondents indicated an unwillingness to vaccinate

QuoteWhen asked what would increase their readiness to accept vaccination, almost half of those who expressed unwillingness said that “nothing would change their minds”

QuoteUnwillingness was also uniformly greater among individuals with moderate (25.5%) to conservative (26.7%) political views, compared to political liberals (10.9%), a trend that held across all metropolitan areas and the national sample

QuoteOne in five (21.7%) national sample participants also disbelieved that COVID-19 can be prevented by vaccination (metropolitan areas 15.6â€"19.3%); more so among participants who reported holding conservative views

QuoteUnwillingness to vaccinate was not uniformly distributed by age or racial group in any of the five populations surveyed. Those expressing COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy were unlikely to change their mind, most likely to have less education and lower income, and to work outside of the home.

QuoteThe literature on COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy identifies lower education, income, and age; low perceived threat of infection; racial differences (Black or Latino/a vs White or Asian); political affiliation; living in a rural or generally remote area; and low trust in government, health authorities and scientific sources as key associations

So basically, 1/5 of Americans are hopelessly dysfunctional, unable to govern their own mind.  The end result of this wonderful inability to distinguish fact from fiction is dragging out this covid crisis, increasing its severity and body count.

Mermaid

The older I get, the less and less I like most people. I have good reason to basically just hate everyone.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mermaid on November 06, 2021, 04:25:03 PM
The older I get, the less and less I like most people. I have good reason to basically just hate everyone.
Ohhhh yeah!  Know the feeling well.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

I want you guys to imagine taking a time machine to the 80s then explaining this headline to someone.  Be sure to explain that the people turning down a free vaccine that targets the virus causing a deadly worldwide pandemic often opt instead for non-free horse dewormer.