News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Unless African Americans voted for Trump in droves (AFAIK, not the case), in many states the remaining unvaccinated is not as cookie-cutter, "It's just redneck white Republicans ruining it for all of us!" and it seems.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/vaccination-rates-for-african-americans-still-lag-la-covid19-task-force-works-to-improve-the-numbers/ar-AAMUq1K

QuoteNEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - As the Delta variant sickens more Louisiana residents, data shows African Americans still lag in terms of vaccination rates.

The Louisiana Department of Health’s data says 29.28% of blacks are vaccinated compared to 58.4% of whites.

I know it's the same in New York, and I would guess if it's similar in both Louisiana and New York than it's similar across the board; minorities, particularly African Americans, are way behind in vaccination percentages... and I don't think you can blame that on the GOP.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

COVID-19 Has Killed About As Many Americans As The 1918-19 Spanish Flu Pandemic

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/covid-spanish-flu-pandemic-deaths_n_6148f211e4b0175a183530e5

And we are smarter and stronger than they were--right????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on September 20, 2021, 05:35:08 PM
("⛪" = ðŸ'µ) + "🙏" + ðŸ'ŽðŸ'‰ =  ⚰️
I had to enlarge this to "fonts for the blind" to finally get it.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on September 20, 2021, 06:12:06 PMUnless African Americans voted for Trump in droves (AFAIK, not the case), in many states the remaining unvaccinated is not as cookie-cutter, "It's just redneck white Republicans ruining it for all of us!" and it seems.
Yeah, I know.  Some Trumpers started a "Dems discriminate against minorities" smear campaign against vaccination/mask mandates.  The Trumpers are the true saviors of minorities, LOL.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 20, 2021, 10:32:50 PM
Yeah, I know.  Some Trumpers started a "Dems discriminate against minorities" smear campaign against vaccination/mask mandates.  The Trumpers are the true saviors of minorities, LOL.

They were so close; both sides believe, in their own way, that they are the saviors of everyone else. I think a genuinely large percentage of Republicans actually believe their policies are good for minorities... "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and all that jazz, and ignore all the GOP does to oppress minorities; just like Democrats genuinely believe every election that their candidate actually does care about flashpoint issues this time and this time they will actually do something about it.

But people don't need a savior, they just need you, the politician or party, to stop being the oppressor for 5 seconds.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Imagine being such a brittle/petty person that if someone you don't like tells you to get a life-saving vaccine, you refuse to take it out of spite, endanger yourself and your family, then blame them for your crappy decision.

How come super macho people get bullied so easily?

Mermaid

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. I give UP.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Cassia

The timeline on this one is chilling..Is this bug getting even more deadly?
https://imgur.com/a/VeoHV2p

Hydra009

Hydra009

Hospital staff seeking religious exemption for covid shots allegedly due to "fetal cell lines" have to also swear off 30 common medicines

Quote"Thus," Troup went on, "we provided a religious attestation form for those individuals requesting a religious exemption," he said. The form includes a list of 30 commonly used medicines that "fall into the same category as the COVID-19 vaccine in their use of fetal cell lines," Conway Regional said.

The list includes Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, aspirin, Tums, Lipitor, Senokot, Motrin, ibuprofen, Maalox, Ex-Lax, Benadryl, Sudafed, albuterol, Preparation H, MMR vaccine, Claritin, Zoloft, Prilosec OTC, and azithromycin.

QuoteThe intent of the form is twofold, Troup says. First, the hospital wants to ensure that staff members are sincere in their stated beliefs, he said, and second, it wants to "educate staff who might have requested an exemption without understanding the full scope of how fetal cells are used in testing and development in common medicines."
Ideological consistency AND awareness?!  Now that's a tough pill to swallow!

SGOS

It's not like they don't have to give up their Tylenol and Preparation H.  There is no law against ideological cheating.  If you can covet your neighbors wife, you can certainly sneak a Tylenol.

Hydra009

Yeah, it's unenforceable.  Mainly, it's meant to reveal to *ahem* low-information antivaxx bandwagoners that covid vaccines are not distinct from other medicines they happily ingest.  Maybe a few of them will have second thoughts (assuming they had first thoughts)

Cassia

The reality is we still probably have at least 6-12 months to get to a 'simmered down' level of transmission. But around here we already won ! No masks anywhere. 'Shit posts' going strong. "We are having a party, meet ya at club____". Every 2 days worse than 9/11. 2K per day.  I'm not gonna play and be that last stupid bitch to die.

...From a medical worker. on reddit today....still...WTF!

Yeah you should see the terror on the faces of these patients when they get to the floor from ED. Some of them are visibly trembling. The story is always the same: I thought it was the flu, I heard the vaccine doesn’t work, I took a trip to (across the country), I went to a wedding, masks don’t work, etc. Some of them spent this entire time calling everyone else snowflakes, afraid of the virus, wanting to live our lives in fear behind a mask. And now look at them. Fucking terrified, and rightfully so. Covid shows no one any mercy. One of ours was so panicked she screamed “I can’t breathe!” for four days when medically she was doing just fine. On day 4 crashed and burned, then died. They’re dying every day now on our floors, just like last year, except now the families and patients don’t believe what we tell them. They demand ivermectin and HCQ, they demand autopsies because they KNOW it wasn’t Covid, they threaten to sue everyone, it’s absolutely insane.

Mermaid

My husband told me about a subreddit called "The Herman Cain Awards". It's exactly what you think it is, and the stories just like this just keep coming. Many times a day, over and over.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Cassia

Statistics clearly show that people who have been vaccinated are more likely to get Alzheimer's.
Because they didn't die from Cholera, Diphtheria, Hepatitis. Malaria, Measles, Polio, Rabies, Tuberculosis.......