News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

It is not that far of a stretch to assume a new virus might be poised to attack the human bio-mass presently. Perhaps "most" nations would handle it slightly better this time. Maybe.

Now would be a perfect time for all non-authoritarian nations (at least) to join-up and form some sort of multi-national protocol plan1.

1. While practicing social distancing

SGOS

If government wants to help the economy, it doesn't have to be either or, except maybe for restaurants, bars, theater, and large venues.  You can still do (and enforce) social distancing, masks, and quarantines, and most people could survive without acting like children.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on September 25, 2020, 10:40:52 AM
If government wants to help the economy, it doesn't have to be either or, except maybe for restaurants, bars, theater, and large venues.  You can still do (and enforce) social distancing, masks, and quarantines, and most people could survive without acting like children.

Anyone younger than Methuselah is a baby ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on September 25, 2020, 09:40:57 AM
It is not that far of a stretch to assume a new virus might be poised to attack the human bio-mass presently. Perhaps "most" nations would handle it slightly better this time. Maybe.

Now would be a perfect time for all non-authoritarian nations (at least) to join-up and form some sort of multi-national protocol plan1.

1. While practicing social distancing

All nations are authoritarian, to believe otherwise is deluded.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on September 25, 2020, 10:40:52 AMIf government wants to help the economy, it doesn't have to be either or, except maybe for restaurants, bars, theater, and large venues.  You can still do (and enforce) social distancing, masks, and quarantines, and most people could survive without acting like children.
A lot of commerce could still go on with minimal interruption if only people acted like adults and followed health guidelines and the most economical painful parts of would likely have only been a couple months, compared to the current six months and counting.

Ironically, the anti-mask, pro-virus people have done a lot to exacerbate cases, shutter small businesses, and generally harm America as much as possible.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 25, 2020, 03:03:36 PM
A lot of commerce could still go on with minimal interruption if only people acted like adults and followed health guidelines and the most economical painful parts of would likely have only been a couple months, compared to the current six months and counting.

Ironically, the anti-mask, pro-virus people have done a lot to exacerbate cases, shutter small businesses, and generally harm America as much as possible.

I also prefer to not believe the conspiracy theory about the lockdown.  Stupid people and incompetent government at work.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Baruch on September 25, 2020, 01:06:39 PM
All nations are authoritarian, to believe otherwise is deluded.
I don't do a whole lot of "believing". But I do understand relativity.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on September 25, 2020, 06:12:24 PM
I don't do a whole lot of "believing". But I do understand relativity.

If you know only facts, and have no opinions, then you aren't even human ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Baruch on September 25, 2020, 06:13:33 PM
If you know only facts, and have no opinions, then you aren't even human ;-)
Live long and prosper

Cassia

So glad the pandemic is over. Florida is fully open, bars included. Bring on the Superbowl. Just keep the incinerators running, Keep digging them holes, it'll be fine.

SGOS

I never wanted to live in Florida anyway.

Baruch

"Coronavirus-Sniffing Dogs Used At Helsinki Airport To Detect Infected Travelers" ... are they better than the chemical test?

"German Minister Admits Lockdown Will Kill More Than COVID-19 Does" ... about tuberculosis patients not getting care ... Elite need to kill 7 billion more deplorables

"China pushes emergency use of COVID vaccine despite concerns" ... Why?  I thought Han Master Race was now immune to Covid, see Wuhan recently?

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Is it me or since the opening the news is reporting less deaths and cases. It feels like the whole world is lying about the cases while people go back to "normal". I see stupid people wearing a mask but wear little clothing and act like there isn't a pandemic(going to bars and being in crowds) and there is no effect what so ever. I also feel like I'm stuck in a world where you know what's gonna happen and normalish life.

Hydra009

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on September 28, 2020, 01:15:59 AM
Is it me or since the opening the news is reporting less deaths and cases. It feels like the whole world is lying about the cases while people go back to "normal". I see stupid people wearing a mask but wear little clothing and act like there isn't a pandemic(going to bars and being in crowds) and there is no effect what so ever. I also feel like I'm stuck in a world where you know what's gonna happen and normalish life.
Yeah, the uncertainty and the invisibility of this crisis is really messing with me.  On any given day, it's hard to tell if things are:

A) Up shit creek
B) Bad, but manageable
C) Just fine, nothing to worry about

I'm leaning towards B at the moment.

The best bet is to be overprotective and lemme tell ya, I shop at the grocery story with a mask and shield combo like I'm in a goddamn Fallout game and it gets me some seriously sour looks from people who don't even put on a mask unless they absolutely have to to gain entry (they practically cough on each other before putting on the mask at the store's front door - real nice covid habits, it's hard to believe we're the #8 state in the #1 country)

I feel somewhat silly at being possibly overly protective, but the way I see it, I'm treating everything like it's serious business until the deaths/cases go down to practically nothing.  Right now, it's still a plateau, which means it's still a dangerous situation, regardless of if people are taking it seriously.

edit- apparently, NC moved up from #9 to #8 in terms of sheer number of covid cases, displacing New Jersey.  Grats?

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on September 28, 2020, 01:15:59 AM

The cases go up an down with testing and with spread.  Many of the case tests are false positives.  So why did we switch from deaths to cases?  Because even the deaths have been debunked.  The need is to keep people in lockdown, so that they can be culled.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.