News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on May 28, 2020, 11:43:00 AM
We have a family member with chronic bronchitis (COPD). We can afford to stay home. Three acres of woods/gardens/ponds are plenty to keep us from going stir crazy. I keep the front gate locked and get everything delivered. I don't give a flying phuck what anyone thinks. Friends sometimes call and say we "have to" get together soon. Not that clingy, sorry.
My wife has copd as well--and I am insulin taking diabtic so we both have a lot to lose by going out--so we rarely do.  Get home delivery for everything.  Have a corner lot and the entire back yard is organic garden.  No grass and lots and lots of raised beds (have 3 dogs).  It is huge--so we don't really have to worry about what to do with our time. :)  We do not have visitors--period.  This weekend my daughter and granddaughter insisted they wanted to see us.  So, they will stay in their car on the curb and we will stay on the porch.  I must say that will be different.  I am basically a hermit at heart so I can do this for a lot, lot longer.

Your place sounds ideal--3 acres and a pond--wow.  Great for you guys. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

"Walmart Now Sells Used Clothing As Unemployment Nears Great Depression Levels " ... feedback loop, prosper from the China trade, but impoverish your customers indirectly.

"Texas Supreme Court Rules Lack Of COVID-19 Immunity Not Enough To Qualify For Mail-In Voting" ... divided into 50 states looks better and better.  Much harder to bribe that many separate governments.

"98.1% Of 'COVID-19 Deaths' In Massachusetts Had An Underlying Health Condition" ... yes, the Black Plague, lock everyone inside!

"China Proposes A Law Allowing Citizens To Sue US For Starting Coronavirus Pandemic" ... attack of the Red ambulance chasing lawyers!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Gang Of Monkeys Attacks Lab Assistant, Escape With Coronavirus Test Samples" .. in Dehli India.  Maybe the animals in the wet markets were involved, while still alive?

"Lancet Study That Caused WHO To Drop Hydroxychloroquine Trials Falls Under Scrutiny" ... you get the medical research you pay for?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

NC is at 1,076 new cases now, the second highest ever.  32 deaths too, which is also near the highest record of 36.

I'm just going to be stuck here forever, aren't I?

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 29, 2020, 02:09:47 PM
NC is at 1,076 new cases now, the second highest ever.  32 deaths too, which is also near the highest record of 36.

Tar Heal State.  Drink more turpentine ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

The reduction in COVID-19 restrictions in NC appears completely unrelated to numbers of infections or hospitalizations. I'm of the mindset that I need to protect my own health based on information available. I don't care if restaurant dining rooms, entertainment venues or gyms open, I'm not going unless statistics have improved. It's just not worth the risk.

Hydra009

"Some of you may die, but that's a sacrifice I am willing to take"

Not taking up that challenge is a smart move.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 29, 2020, 02:21:42 PM
The reduction in COVID-19 restrictions in NC appears completely unrelated to numbers of infections or hospitalizations. I'm of the mindset that I need to protect my own health based on information available. I don't care if restaurant dining rooms, entertainment venues or gyms open, I'm not going unless statistics have improved. It's just not worth the risk.

Correct, I will go beyond McDonald's drive thru, only carefully.  Being aged and diabetic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Got called into work, which means my newly acquired unemployment was going to disappear.

However since I live with my 76 year old, asthmatic mother... I am still eligible to say no to going in and still get unemployment. Who's laughing now, memes about men who live with their parents?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

I'm living and taking care with my mum, so eh, screw em, I'd be panicking every day if I didnt live with her during this since she'd be alone right now.

Some sort of good news, despite more deaths being reported here and them reopening schools next week, my brother and sister in laws not sending the nephews back to school and won't do until theres unquestionable evidence of their safety. That's some relief
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Know how you feel.  I am retired so I can be 'stuck' here forever.  But I don't want to.  I don't see an ending.  The orange monster will make sure this thing is dragged out as long as possible.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 29, 2020, 03:53:31 PM
Got called into work, which means my newly acquired unemployment was going to disappear.

However since I live with my 76 year old, asthmatic mother... I am still eligible to say no to going in and still get unemployment. Who's laughing now, memes about men who live with their parents?

If you can take care of your mother, and there is no one else available in the family to share the burden ... then you have a clear mandate to me.  Get what alternative support for yourself that you can find, so you can do what you have to do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"CDC Admits COVID-19 Antibody Tests Are Wrong Half The Time & Virus Isn't That Deadly" ... the inventor of the antibody test said ... it can't tell between Covid and another coronavirus.  But better than nothing.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

In NC, 1,185 new cases.  NEW RECORD.