Important Update on the Novel Coronavirus

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, February 02, 2020, 12:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

The man from Snohomish County, WA, is recovering. He is a man in his 30's who, prior to contracting the virus, was in reasonably good health. His case has been instrumental in studying the progression of symptoms this virus causes. I advise you all to read this so that you know what to expect in case you do contract the novel coronavirus yourself.

From the sound of it, the virus seems fairly similar to an untreated flu. The thing that killed the couple hundred people in China was probably the pneumonia stage, if I had to guess, which makes sense since most of those people were in the >60 crowd that tends to be most vulnerable to it.

Definitely something to take seriously, but not something that warrants getting overly anxious about. Take normal precautions like you would during flu season, and visit your doctor (or at least call them) if you develop a severe cough. Also if you do start coughing, wear a face mask in public so you don't spread anything.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

First death from new plague ... outside of China.  A Chinese man, from Wuhan, in the Philippines.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.