China cracks down on Christianity using Cult of Personality

Started by Baruch, January 05, 2020, 05:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

"...in some cases officials have required churches to take down pictures of Jesus and replace them with pictures of President Xi Jinping."

See atheists!  Emperor Xi has the Mandate of Heaven.  Buy more MS and Apple etc ... support your Divine Emperor!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Apple products suck. And Microsoft hardware is pretty dodgy too.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 05, 2020, 05:43:58 AM
Apple products suck. And Microsoft hardware is pretty dodgy too.

At one time, Chinese dog food, was poison for dogs.  But it was cheap.  Consumers are rotters.

The odd thing, for Russian religion is the holy body of Vladimir Lenin, and for China, the holy bodies of Mao Tse Tung and Chao En Lai.  Isn't Communism a religion not a politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

China has finally reached that point of having enough power that they can do whatever the fuck they want, and just progressively keep pushing that line further and further. So long as no one does anything about it, China will just get bolder and bolder.

Oh, right, I forgot the "real enemy" is Iran.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

I'm not too sure that in today's world, we are the real enemy.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 05, 2020, 11:45:44 AM
China has finally reached that point of having enough power that they can do whatever the fuck they want, and just progressively keep pushing that line further and further. So long as no one does anything about it, China will just get bolder and bolder.

Careful now, people might think your being racist to Chinese 😱
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on January 05, 2020, 04:14:51 PM

If it's okay to be racist towards white people because they are institutionally racist, then it is logically even more acceptable to be racist against the Chinese in China because they put our racism to shame.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

Just don't blame the Chinese people for what the Chinese government is doing. They have no more say in matters than we do.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 05, 2020, 05:14:58 PM
Just don't blame the Chinese people for what the Chinese government is doing. They have no more say in matters than we do.

Actually they have less say, since saying anything it's government deems negative goes to downgrading your status in anything there.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 05, 2020, 11:45:44 AM

Machiavelli - anyone potentially more powerful than you, is the enemy.  But bring allies.  See Europe 1803-1945.  So of course China is an enemy, just as Russia still is.  Iran not so much.  Not politics.  This is still about Shia Islam and Cult-of-Personality Communism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 05, 2020, 11:58:38 AM
I'm not too sure that in today's world, we are the real enemy.

Always have been.  King George III did nothing wrong.  Again religious question, since he was head of Church of England.  Britain made the mistake of exiling their heretics instead of burning them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on January 05, 2020, 04:14:51 PM

Han Chinese are new master race.  Just ask Emperor Xi.  Not unreasonable in terms of imperial religion of China 200 years ago.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

The people always support the popular Volk religion.  Ask Hitler.  German, Italian, Japanese people totally innocent.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

I don't really want to get into it, but I really don't buy that the average Chinese citizen isn't indifferent (or even supportive) of the majority of horrible actions the government takes. I realise there is pressure to show support... but even from the punks, rebels and criminals of China who have been interviewed by the West, even they seem to think that it's not just an act but genuine support for Xi's actions.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman