A new perspective on this thing that we know as God.

Started by od19g6, December 31, 2019, 05:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 02:01:50 PM
I sometimes think some of them come here to elicit rudeness from us, so they can play the victim to their theist buddies and talk about how horrible the atheists are.

I think that goes along with #3. I guess I could have worded it a little better, but it's hard to describe. It's like an adventure to them. They come here to duke it out with us, with no intention of having a fair, honest discussion, so they can feel smart and accomplished. They know they're not going to change any minds with their tired old arguments that we've heard a million times, but they do it for their own benefit. They evade questions they can't answer, and frequently miss the point, because their brains cannot handle the idea that they could be wrong.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

od19g6

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 02:01:50 PM
I sometimes think some of them come here to elicit rudeness from us, so they can play the victim to their theist buddies and talk about how horrible the atheists are.
Hi everyone.

I apologize if it feels like my replys is late.
Really to be honest until recently I haven't gone on forums much and I don't consider myself that good of a writer. I'm just a guy that loves this faith and I try to honestly convey it the best I can.

So with that said let's get back to answering.

No one should be rude to anyone. I think that's one of the things that's wrong with the world, it has a lot of tribalism.
I think I would be correct to say most atheist want to know the truth, so I think that both atheists and theists have to be open minded and accept any truth no matter where it's from.

od19g6

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 03, 2020, 12:18:49 AM
No. That is not apparent. You're using your human bias to assume what makes your own species unique makes you better than the rest of nature. As has already been pointed out, plants and animals can both do things that we are incapable of doing. But the superior traits of other species don't matter to you, because you assign more importance to our specialties. If humanity were to go extinct, whether due to climate change, nuclear war, or some other factors, and another intelligent species were to evolve to replace us, they would likely create gods in their image just as we created gods in ours.
You're only thinking of the physical qualities of animals that make them superior. But you have to understand I'm not talking about the physical, I'm talking about the spiritual / divine qualities that the human being has and "only" the human being has those and manifest them to the physical world.

Like I already mentioned:

We are the only animal species that can develop highly advanced technology.

We are the only  animal species that can build a city.

We are the only animal species that can build an entire state.

We are the only animal species that canbuild whole countries and entire civilizations.

And I'll tell you this: we are the only animal species that can the animal/nature go into orbit/space travel.

All of those things are manifestations of the divine reality that only the human being has.
We are basically manifesting God to the physical world.

od19g6

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 03, 2020, 12:32:17 AM
That's a hell of a claim to make.  Let's see if you can support it.

What exact traits do humans have that couldn't have been a product of evolution?
We have the traits of God basically.

As I already mentioned:

We are the only  animal species that can build a city.

We are the only animal species that canbuild whole countries and entire civilizations.

And I'll tell you this: we are the only animal species that can the animal/nature go into orbit/space travel.

All of those things are manifestations of the divine reality that only the human being has.

Unbeliever

You say it's not about the physical, then you go on to mention nothing but physical stuff.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

od19g6

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 03, 2020, 02:36:04 AM
The human being is soddy evidence for a god, being so shitty in supposed design. A mere human is able to come up with better designs on a whim, yet a god cannot. This was the point I was making in the first place. We're not "perfect" in any sense of the word, prophets included.

Besides, we have better explanations as to how we got here through the sciences than any religious scripture is able to conjure.
You're still not getting it.
It's not about the physical qualities, it's about the spiritual / divine qualities that only the human being has. And those are the names and attributes of God.

od19g6

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 03, 2020, 10:55:46 AM
I admit I'm having a hard time understanding this particular argument.
It's quite simple.
We will never have physical evidence or understand God completely.
The only way to understand God is to know His names and attributes. And it is only with the human animal that these divine names and attributes are manifest to the physical world.

Unbeliever

Yeah, I figured I was right. You talk a lot but say nothing at all.
God Not Found

od19g6

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 03, 2020, 01:27:46 PM
Whether you call it a prophet or a manifestation, anyone who claims to speak for God is dangerous as hell.
Guess what, "we all" speak for God. We are the most excellent and perfect creation in the universe.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

od19g6

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 03, 2020, 06:02:39 PM
What exactly, has the human animal done that reflects any god?  What do you mean by humans being beyond evolution?  I'd suggest humans are totally shaped by evolution and nothing else.  Your god is no different than any other gods--none of them exist.  Your proof is totally lacking.

Well,

We are the only animal species that can build a city.

These are far beyond just mere animal evolution.

And all of those things are manifestations of the divine reality that only the human being has.

od19g6

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 03, 2020, 12:55:23 AM
The ability to read minds and communicate purely through thought with another being.
Well I'll put it like this.
We do believe in legitimate psychic faculties that a human being may have.
But usually things like telepathy come to the fore in the next world.

od19g6

Quote from: Baruch on January 03, 2020, 09:16:03 PM
Usual fighting talking points.  Entertainment for the usual locals.
I'm back answering questions.

od19g6

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 03, 2020, 09:41:25 PM
P1) God exists
P2) God created humans
P3) Humans exist
Conclusion: God exists
You forgot to mention: God is not physical and unknowable physically.

od19g6

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 03, 2020, 09:44:05 PM
Consider the source, lol.  Of course a human would say that humans are the most perfect of all.

I wonder, would crabs or ducks or dolphins or elephants agree with that statement?
They do not even have the ability to agree or disagree with the statement.
And that's because of the fact that they are lower from of life
And there are not on the level of the human being.