A new perspective on this thing that we know as God.

Started by od19g6, December 31, 2019, 05:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

Quote from: od19g6 on January 01, 2020, 01:05:16 AM
Well this is not about being physically superior.
Why not? We're inferior in many ways to a number of attributes that animals have.

We already know that animals have superior physical attributes. But the divine reality of the human being is far superior than the animal.
I have no idea what "divine reality" is supposed to mean. Can you measure it? Can you weigh it? Is it human smarts?

We are the greatest and most perfect creation in terms of our spiritual reality. Even though physically we are animals as well, our spiritual reality is far beyond the mere animal and we can manifest God at the fullest.
In other words, because humans have such smarts we're able to divine god? Sounds like something every religion that aims for supernatural "explanations" would have. What makes your religion so special then?

Mr.Obvious

Well this is not about being physically superior. We already know that animals have superior physical attributes. But the divine reality of the human being is far superior than the animal. We are the greatest and most perfect creation in terms of our spiritual reality. Even though physically we are animals as well, our spiritual reality is far beyond the mere animal and we can manifest God at the fullest.

Real question, do you believe in aura?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

od19g6 is Bahai.  Better than most religions actually.  Up in the religion section, just tell us what good Bahai is doing today.  Theology argument doesn't count for much here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

od19g6

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 01, 2020, 01:20:55 AMWhy not? We're inferior in many ways to a number of attributes that animals have.
Because that's the way it works in nature. We are "physically"
Inferior in many ways to a number of "physical" attributes that the animal have. The human being is superior in terms of our spiritual reality.

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 01, 2020, 01:20:55 AMI have no idea what "divine reality" is supposed to mean. Can you measure it? Can you weigh it? Is it human smarts.
The divine / spiritual reality is just the immaterial nature that only the human being have that's why we can display all of the divine qualities of God at the highest level. And no other living creature can do that other than the human being.
You know how in the bible it say God created man in His image? What that simply mean is that the the human being can display all of the qualities, names and attributes of God.
All the qualities that God has the human being has them as well just on a human level. For instance we all have heard the term "will of God", well guess what the human have a will too. One of the qualities of God is Creator, well guess what we're creators as well just on a human level but beyond other living things.

Let me ask you something:
Can the animal/nature invent things?

Can the animal/nature create a highly sophisticated technical language.

Can the animal/nature create technology?

Can the animal/nature build a city?

Can the animal/nature build an entire state?

Can the animal/nature build whole countries and entire civilizations?

How about this one for you: Can the animal/nature go into orbit/space travel?

All of those things are manifestations of the divine reality that only the human being has.

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 01, 2020, 01:20:55 AMIn other words, because humans have such smarts we're able to divine god? Sounds like something every religion that aims for supernatural "explanations" would have. What makes your religion so special then?
We're able to "manifest" God, the names and attributes that is. Because remember God can never be completely known because God is beyond the physical universe and God's core reality is beyond "any" thing that's in the universe.

od19g6

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 01, 2020, 12:24:37 PM
Real question, do you believe in aura?
I believe in spiritual energies,  if that's what you mean.

od19g6

Quote from: Baruch on January 01, 2020, 12:25:38 PM
od19g6 is Bahai.  Better than most religions actually.  Up in the religion section, just tell us what good Bahai is doing today.  Theology argument doesn't count for much here.
Bingo. You figured it out.

The baha'i faith was founded by an individual called Baha'u'llah in the 19th century, and is the latest in a long line of individuals that God has sent throughout history to teach humanity the right spiritual path. Those individuals include, Jesus Christ, Moses, the Buddha, Prophet Muhammad and the Bab, all are divine Messengers/Teachers from God and Baha'u'llah is the latest of these divine Messengers/Teachers. The word Baha'u'llah means the glory of God.

Just like those who follow Jesus Christ are called christians and those who follow Prophet Muhammad are called muslims, we who follow Baha'u'llah are called baha'is.

We believe in the concept of progressive revelation, meaning that in each age around about 1000 years and in different places God manifest an individual to be a divine Messenger/Teacher to guide humanity to the right spiritual path.

Unity is the flagship word of this faith.

For instance:

the unity of God
the unity of religion
the unity of science and spirituality
the unity of humanity

all things in this faith revolves around the word unity.

aitm

Quote from: od19g6 on December 31, 2019, 07:04:29 PM

We can only know God through His ... attributes.
Color me non-impressed. He sucks biggly at everything he says he is biggly at. Kinda like a somewhat popular Donald.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Quote from: od19g6 on January 01, 2020, 02:29:40 PM

all things in this faith revolves around the word unity.
Meh...real gods don’t require faith. They provide real proof. Your god is false. Mine is real and absolutely prove-able.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

od19g6

Quote from: aitm on January 01, 2020, 04:12:45 PM
Color me non-impressed. He sucks biggly at everything he says he is biggly at. Kinda like a somewhat popular Donald.
Why do you say that?

od19g6

Quote from: aitm on January 01, 2020, 04:19:48 PM
Meh...real gods don’t require faith. They provide real proof. Your god is false. Mine is real and absolutely prove-able.
Why do you say that?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: od19g6 on January 01, 2020, 02:26:19 PM
I believe in spiritual energies,  if that's what you mean.

Close enough, I guess. Was kind of hoping you didn't.
Now I'm going to have to think of something else I don't believe in that you might not believe in either, to make my point.
I'll get there when I get there.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Sal1981

Quote from: od19g6 on January 01, 2020, 02:19:24 PM
Let me ask you something:
Can the animal/nature invent things?
Chimpanzees have shown to be able to learn tool use.

QuoteCan the animal/nature create a highly sophisticated technical language.
Probably not the same level as engineers, but beavers can build dams, that has to count for something. As well as ant colonies, bee hives & wasp hives. Not to mention all the various burrows and nests animals are able to pull off.

QuoteCan the animal/nature create technology?
Technology is just tool use. We think we're special because we've reached a level of sophistication not seen elsewhere in nature. However, ravens have shown a propensity to learn how to solve puzzles for getting food and there was a gorilla, forgot what it was called,  that learned sign language at a proficient level.

QuoteCan the animal/nature build a city?
Ants do, some species of ants build massive structures. Or is this just because you're looking at a humans doing human things?

QuoteCan the animal/nature build an entire state?
Yes, ants again.

QuoteCan the animal/nature build whole countries and entire civilizations?
Probably, nothing says they cannot.

QuoteHow about this one for you: Can the animal/nature go into orbit/space travel?
Probably not.

QuoteAll of those things are manifestations of the divine reality that only the human being has.
We're able to "manifest" God, the names and attributes that is. Because remember God can never be completely known because God is beyond the physical universe and God's core reality is beyond "any" thing that's in the universe.
You're basically just co-opting something humans do, without divine intervention, and calling it "manifesting" 'god'. We do this regardless.

od19g6

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 01, 2020, 05:05:34 PM
Now I'm going to have to think of something else I don't believe in that you might not believe in either, to make my point.
Sure, take your time.

Blackleaf

This thread really should be in the general religious discussion section. But oh well. Right away, you've already made a claim you can't support. Just because something isn't physical doesn't mean you can't study it. There are lots of things we can't perceive through our senses that we can study, via the affects they have on the world. God being non-physical doesn't excuse the fact that there is no way to objectively verify that he even exists.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 01, 2020, 05:05:34 PM

Nihilism is all down, not up.  How about don't believe in yourself?  Buddhism that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.