News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Did Jesus practice what he preached?

Started by Jagella, July 05, 2019, 09:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2019, 09:59:06 AM
Feminist beta male ;-)  Do you give your woman any attention?  Or are you too busy worshipping the ground she walks on ;-))

Your world seems to be centered on worshiping - Trump, FoxNews, and assorted immaterial woo-woo things. Maybe you should get out more frequently...

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 12, 2019, 10:03:01 AM
Your world seems to be centered on worshiping - Trump, FoxNews, and assorted immaterial woo-woo things. Maybe you should get out more frequently...

Not at all.  But it can seem that way.  We have cognitive models in our heads, and we assess other people based on those cognitive models.  I this case, more of a projection of some prior version of yourself.  Doesn't match up well.  On the other hand, I have had college physics.  I remember what the professors are like.  So I have maybe a better model of what you are like.  You don't seem to have much commonality with me otherwise.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2019, 10:07:18 AM
  You don't seem to have much commonality with me otherwise.

And I don't wish anyone to have "commonality" with you. No one deserves to be so cursed...

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 12, 2019, 10:11:12 AM
And I don't wish anyone to have "commonality" with you. No one deserves to be so cursed...

See, you are obsessed.  Should we date?  You talk like my Ex.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2019, 10:14:15 AM
See, you are obsessed.  Should we date?  You talk like my Ex.

Nice try to divert the conversation. Typical of your idol Trump isn't it, divert to avoid embarrassment or hide your ignorance. Like your idol, build a wall, you're being invaded...

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 12, 2019, 10:19:48 AM
Nice try to divert the conversation. Typical of your idol Trump isn't it, divert to avoid embarrassment or hide your ignorance. Like your idol, build a wall, you're being invaded...

Maybe continue this in the other thread, when it already is being waged?  I don't mind you shagging politicians.  The dogs deserve it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2019, 10:24:21 AM
Maybe continue this in the other thread, when it already is being waged?  I don't mind you shagging politicians.  The dogs deserve it.

And I thought kibitzing was your favorite game... oh well...

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 12, 2019, 10:28:35 AM
And I thought kibitzing was your favorite game... oh well...

Yes.  But you aren't kibitzing.  You are simply hijacking the whole thread.  As a distraction from Jesus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2019, 10:31:06 AM
Yes.  But you aren't kibitzing.  You are simply hijacking the whole thread. 

Oh how rich is that coming from the guy who has been hijacking just about every thread for the last 4 years...

aileron

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2019, 05:48:48 AM
If I understand correctly, reductionism is reducing a complex argument to simple parts.  I'm not sure that is a false way of examining complex problems.  Examining difficult problems in detail seems reasonable.

At the risk of greatly oversimplifying, reductionism means that complex interactions up to and including human consciousness follow the same rules as simple interactions of fundamental particles. So for example we can describe and predict the behavior of a small collection of particles using Quantum Field Theory, often times using Path Integral Formulations devised by Richard Feynman. We can't use these techniques to describe and predict the behavior of a person, but it's not because somewhere up the chain from a few particles to a huge number of particles the particles start to behave differently. It's because the computational complexity is simply out of the question.

As a side note, in modern physics using terms like "prediction" needs a bit of explaining. Interactions between particles are probabilistic, not deterministic. This is not because of incomplete knowledge or computational complexity as is the case with the use of probability and statistics in domains like thermodynamics. The particles really behave probabilistically. So when discussing "prediction" the predictions are of the probability of future state given a present state.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Unbeliever

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 12, 2019, 09:54:09 AM
Sexist. You probably watch FoxNews because all the pretty women show their long legs. Any woman shouldn't come near you without a ten-foot pole.

That's probably true of most people who watch FUX Gnus.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 12, 2019, 02:48:19 PM
It has been demonstrated that the longer people watch faux the stupider they become.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

And that they actually know less than people who watch no news at all.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 12, 2019, 10:35:23 AM
Oh how rich is that coming from the guy who has been hijacking just about every thread for the last 4 years...

Highjack not equal to kibitz.  Also I respond mostly, not initiate.  I am happy to add distraction to a string that has already gone astray.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 12, 2019, 02:48:19 PM

Are Democrats eunuchs?  Sexless?  Is that how you avoid all gender pronouns?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.