News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Whats your news of choice

Started by aitm, July 03, 2019, 12:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Out of curiosity. Where do you get most your news. Mainly because I have been kinda limiting mine, not for any other reason other than laziness.

I watch NBC at night, the usual 6:30 show, then everything else is off the net. USATODAY, MSN, NEWSWEEK, CNN, even some YAHOO but little do to the enormous storm of bugs and diseases there.
Whats yours?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

My favorite news comes from Amy Goodman at Democracy Now, Thom Hartmann, Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell at MSNBC, The Young Turks, and of course, Stephen Colbert and John Oliver. Oh, and Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me, on NPR.

A few others I could mention, but those are the main ones. I'm kind of a news junkie...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 03, 2019, 01:13:44 PM
My favorite news comes from Amy Goodman at Democracy Now, Thom Hartmann, Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell at MSNBC, The Young Turks, and of course, Stephen Colbert and John Oliver. Oh, and Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me, on NPR.

A few others I could mention, but those are the main ones. I'm kind of a news junkie...
Those are my exact choices, as well.  Except lately, I don't watch any.  When I watch the news I become upset and pissed.  So, I play my computer games.  What news I get lately is just by accident. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

I can't get enough of the stuff. But since I don't have a TV I have to just see what I can get on the internet at the library.

The news can certainly be infuriating and frustrating, but I like to know what's going on in the big world out there.

For example, I see that Uncle Scam is beginning to talk about doing "something" about the homeless problem. Is he going to start rounding them (including myself) up and putting them in concentration camps, like he has the immigrants? When I was younger I was ready, at a moments' notice, to head away from the cities and try to live off the land if I had to, because of the breakdown of civil society. But now I'm probably too old to do that. Hard to find a place where that can be done, anyway.
God Not Found

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SoldierofFortune

I read a lot sun.co.uk on the 'net.

Because the language used there is so interesting to me :D and it teaches me a lot

Munch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on July 03, 2019, 04:44:12 PM
I read a lot sun.co.uk on the 'net.

Because the language used there is so interesting to me :D and it teaches me a lot

Why not be honest, that's not why you look up the sun newspaper.

We all know the real reason anyone reads the sun.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Munch on July 03, 2019, 04:56:10 PM
Why not be honest, that's not why you look up the sun newspaper.

We all know the real reason anyone reads the sun.

ahahaha :)

Even if the main reason is not nudity at least for me,
it is somewhat a reason : )

especially dear deidre column attracts me a lot, ''Deidre's solutions to today's problems'' :D

It's understood from the headline that today's problems is so complex that they are only about sex.

Draconic Aiur

They have nudist beaches over there in desert land?

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Hydra009

Reuters/AP when I have the time/patience.

Otherwise, r/worldnews or r/politics.  Good mix of relatively decent mainstream sources.

Ocassionally, I visit BBC or The Guardian for international news from a non-American vantage point.

When I really get in news junkie mode, I head to the Council on Foreign Relations or FiveThirtyEight.

Blackleaf

I don't really watch news. I tend to find out about things by word of mouth, or via social media, and I'm the last person to find out. I watch John Oliver, but I don't really count that as news. That's more like social commentary and entertainment.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

I avoid tabloids as much as possible these days, due to the bias nature of them. Of course you need news from somewhere so aside from what I hear from youtubers I'm subbed to I see stuff on google news and check others sources of the same story from multiple different sources for validity.

I refuse to ever buy a newspaper or sub to a newspaper ever again, the only exception being my local towns newspaper

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on July 03, 2019, 04:41:27 PM

Can’t see image, but I’m going to assume we agree... I avoid TYT like the plague nowadays. I use to really respect them, but the last few years they have gotten into the realm of really loony left.

AP and Reuters are my go to since they are consistently ranked the least biased sources and are more journalism than punditry. Otherwise NPR and twitter are my two main sources (which I then double check against the aforementioned organizations). Al Jazera as well for more internal issues or Middle Eastern news that doesn’t make the news.

And honestly, I’ve cited Fox a few times lately. They have a few legitimate journalists and I do respect their work, even when I disagree with the slant and morals of the people they work for.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

its very hard to find truly unbias, more centrist news sources. I looked up a list of whats consider unbias courses of news, and it listed things like the BBC or Google news. I just laugh at the idea of these sources being unbias.

also it was a j jonah jameson laughing gif, so yes, we do.