Woman poisons her entire family

Started by Smartmarzipan, June 22, 2013, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smartmarzipan

Springfield Woman Accused of Using Antifreeze to Murder, Poison Family
http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=824932

QuoteA Springfield woman is behind bars at the GreeneCounty jail after she allegedly killed members of her own family, according to authorities.

Incidents started with Staudte's family last year when her husband Mark died in the family home in April. Staudte's son, Shawn, 26, then died in the home in September

After each death, Staudte had an explanation; her husband had been having seizures and her son had flu like symptoms. The Greene County Medical Examiner ruled them both to be natural causes.

Suspicions were raised, however, when Staudte's daughter was brought to Cox Hospital this June.  It was soon discovered that she had been poisoning her own family.

QuoteThe statement goes on to say that Staudte visited her daughter in the hospital and her actions were described as 'inappropriate' by a nurse.

"She told me that Diane did not act how a mother should act," said McAmis. "She sai Diane was aware Sarah's condition was life threatening, but said Diane made jokes and laughed with hospital personnel... She said Diane told her she had a Florida vacation planned in the upcoming week. Diane told her she was still planning to take the vacation, no matter the status of Sarah."

The doctor describes Sarah's condition as very suspicious and he believed that the girl had possibly been poisoned, according to the statement.

QuoteEventually, Staudte admitted that she used anti-freeze to poison them all.

According to the statement, Staudte researched the use of anti-freeze as a poison on the Internet.

"She admitted that she poisoned Mark over a three day period," said McAmis. "She put the anti-freeze in his Gatorade. She stated she killed Mark because she hated him. She admitted that she poisoned Shawn over a two day period...because he was worse than a pest."

Staudte admitted to poisoning Sarah over a four day period because she would not get a job and she had student loans that had to be paid.

Sarah is expected to live, but may have permanent damage from the poison.

What in the ever-lovin' fuck....  :shock:
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

aitm

wow, I don't think she's gonna get mom of the year award.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Brian37

Quote from: "aitm"wow, I don't think she's gonna get mom of the year award.

Well, 2 murders and one attempted might get her a needle for Mothers Day.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

A family friend of ours spent a month in a coma after his wife 'spiked the punch' with antifreeze. Police did nothing. That was here in Ohio.
Needless to say he divorced her and fully recovered.
He is my daughters best friends dad..
By the way, his nitwit son is a teabgger republican and ironically receives welfare and foodstamps..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

I hope I never have anyone I know a victim of even an attempt. I cant imagine having to deal with that. I have known people who have had friends commit suicide in front of them, but the worst I have ever had to suffer is normal health issues with family and friends who get old and die. Dealing with that is depressing enough. No sane people like losing loved ones, but to lose them to a murder, that has to be even worse.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Solitary

She had terrific value judgments didn't she. I had  friends, a husband and wife, with a son that they just let run wild. They were always taking about how they were jealous and it showed how much they loved each other. I told them that jealously was not love but hatred. Well her husband showed I was correct by shooting and killing her because her boss put his arm around her leaving work. He actually got away with it by following a book he got in France while in the service on how to kill your wife and get away with it. I told the Florida detectives about the book as well as others did, but they said they didn't find the book and didn't believe us.  :cry:  :evil:

PS There was a man at this forum at the time that posted about a picture from a video camera  someone put on the forum showing a girl talking to a stranger that got kidnaped. He found out later that it was his niece who got raped and killed. :shock:  :cry:  :evil:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

The Skeletal Atheist

Oddly enough the antidote to antifreeze is ethanol. I read one account of a guy who wanted to commit suicide using antifreeze. Before he downed the antifreeze he decided that he should get flat out drunk to numb the pain of death...ended up having a hell of a hangover.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Mister Agenda

I think the murder rate is a bit higher than most people suspect. Most poisoners aren't caught on the first victim, and I imagine most poisoners stop at one.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Johan

So are we going to have to outlaw guns and antifreeze now? Or are we ready to talk a about how mental health, shifts in parenting method and possibly shifts in the culture in general have as much to do with the homicide rate as the availability of guns?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

FrankDK

> ...mental health, shifts in parenting method and possibly shifts in the culture in general have as much to do with the homicide rate as the availability of guns

If mental health, shifts in parenting method and possibly shifts in the culture in general have as much to do with the homicide rate as the availability of guns, and we should do something about them, then we should do something about the availability of guns.

Frank

Johan

What about the availability of antifreeze?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

FrankDK

> What about the availability of antifreeze?

Well, let's see... There are about 30,000 deaths in the US from firearms.  How many deaths result from antifreeze?  Not as dangerous, is it?

Also, it's a totally inappropriate comparison.  If all antifreeze disappeared overnight, come winter, cars wouldn't run, and that would destroy the US economy, since most people depend on cars to get to work and shopping.  If all the privately owned firearms disappeared, there would be almost no impact whatsoever, except gun nuts would be louder than usual.  There may be a few farmers who use guns to kill predators, and one or two families that still depend on hunting for meat.  But that's about it.

The landmark CDC study showed that gun ownership increased the likelihood of being shot.  It was so convincing that immediately after it was released, the NRA passed a law that made it illegal for the CDC to do research on gun statistics.

Frank

Gawdzilla Sama

I had to check the names to determine this wasn't my hex-wife.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solitary

One has to wonder about how qualified the medical examiner was, even vets know when a dog dies from antifreeze.  :roll: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "Solitary"One has to wonder about how qualified the medical examiner was, even vets know when a dog dies from antifreeze.  :roll: Solitary

Oh, you say your husband was having seizures, even though it was never documented in his medical files? That's good enough. Hey, Phil, would you mark this guy down as "natural causes"? Oh, and uh, are we ordering out for lunch? What are we having? Panera? Yeah, get me a panini. Oh! And a cookie! Thanks.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges