An atheist rediscovers Christianity

Started by Sal1981, June 06, 2019, 04:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on June 06, 2019, 06:41:44 PM
Wow, way to broad-brush and strawman there.  I defy you to find one single solitary post anywhere on this forum going back as far as you wish where I denigrate straight people or white people.  And you better believe I identify as being on the Left.

This is just bullshit, and nothing but.

I think you have a point.  Sometimes we don't address people more directly, afraid to do so.  But that leads to mudslinging that gets everyone dirty?

It is OK to be on the Left.  But they have strange bedfellows these days, and I don't mean gay friends.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 06, 2019, 09:37:27 PM
put it this way, he is the only theistic guy on a forum full of atheists. Yet he still braves it on here every day and finds other things to talk about. Thats more then worth some merit.

I don't come here for the theism ;-))  I come here for the people (yeah, they are in bad mood sometimes, sure).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 06, 2019, 09:10:01 PM
Several on here are pessimistic

There is manic, there is depressive, and there is binary.  At least binary people can do computer arithmetic ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 06, 2019, 08:52:11 PM
Actually you just posted Jewish values...thats why your G-d had to make rules for your ancestors...they were human trash. Most humans, as you well know, don't have those values but you do like to pinch your own butt once in a while.

So, were you the one caught a few years ago posting classic anti-semitic content?  That I called out?  I hope not.  You seem an artistic type ;-)  And MikeCL agreed with you, but he has anger issues.

Some people don't like any rules.  Usually those are called anarchists or criminals.  I am simply admitting the truth about humanity.  I will be optimistic when the shit stops hitting the fan.  Or I go into the fertilizer business.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 06, 2019, 11:07:46 PM
Your problem is you let those on the Right define the Left for you. The Left does not hate white or straight people. What an absolutely ridiculous claim. It makes as much sense as a Christian living in a country that is overwhelming Christian majority claiming that atheists are somehow oppressing them. Wake the hell up.
In addition to getting the "facts" from the Right, it also reveals a miserable understanding of liberals, giving the lie to the claim that he hears out both sides.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 06, 2019, 11:31:41 PM
In addition to getting the "facts" from the Right, it also reveals a miserable understanding of liberals, giving the lie to the claim that he hears out both sides.

No true liberals etc.  Words illuminate and hide.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on June 06, 2019, 10:07:52 PM
Wtf is a non-holocaust denier? And again, are you just making blanket comparisons?

Something wrong with classical liberalism? Seems more grounded then lot of modern trends of liberalism

You just gave away the punchline.
I was making a point that seems to have been entirely lost.  I won't bother to explain the holocaust versus non-holocaust thing.  It's a fairly common retort to your favored false balance argument.  You don't understand that for a pretty obvious reason.

The "classical liberalism" jab was a reference to a certain youtuber we're both familiar with who pretty much lost his mind and went 100% for Trump in the 2016 election.  The punchline is that if you consider that liberal, you're entirely deluded.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 06, 2019, 11:36:09 PM
I was making a point that seems to have been entirely lost.  I won't bother to explain the holocaust versus non-holocaust thing.  It's a fairly common retort to your favored false balance argument.  You don't understand that for a pretty obvious reason.

The "classical liberalism" jab was a reference to a certain youtuber we're both familiar with who pretty much lost his mind and went 100% for Trump in the 2016 election.  The punchline is that if you consider that liberal, you're entirely deluded.

Don't know who, but concur that 100% pro-Trump is not liberal ... nor conservative for that matter.  Trump is a Romulan disruptor.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on June 06, 2019, 07:03:53 PM
so wait, am I making a broad statement or making an individual statement, you seem a little conflicted on that.

how did you even manage to interpret that as being aimed at you?
I'm on the Left, you spewed a bullshit-based attack on the Left.  The math isn't that fucking difficult.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Draconic Aiur

Sal1981

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 07, 2019, 12:32:11 AM
It smells of "fake"
Maybe it does. I left a YouTube comment asking if it was a joke.

Munch

Quote from: trdsf on June 07, 2019, 12:08:07 AM
I'm on the Left, you spewed a bullshit-based attack on the Left.  The math isn't that fucking difficult.

Kinda like how you make broad stroke statements of those on the right and then get offended when someone does the same to the left?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 07, 2019, 05:00:29 AM
Kinda like how you make broad stroke statements of those on the right and then get offended when someone does the same to the left?

When we look in the mirror, to shave, we have no image, just like Dracula (we can't see ourselves as others see us).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

I wish I had a dollar for every jesus-freak asshole who claimed "I was an atheist and then jesus came along and jerked me off."
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on June 07, 2019, 11:34:18 AM
I wish I had a dollar for every jesus-freak asshole who claimed "I was an atheist and then jesus came along and jerked me off."

For some lonely gays, that sounds like a good scam ;-)  Just gotta not cut your hair or beard.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.