News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Dogbert vs reality ...

Started by Baruch, June 05, 2019, 06:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 11, 2019, 05:11:06 AM
Never one to dodge a challenge...  OK, you said "That Germans weren't all monsters.  But their regime was.  FDR wasn't all that bad, unless your name was Prentice Bush."

I agree all Germans weren't monsters (but sang 'The I Was Not A Nazi Polka" afterwards).  Their regime WAS evil.  FDR was generally pretty good.  Took the US through The Great Depression and most of WWII and all that.  Few leaders could have. 

I can't find "Prentice Bush".  Did you mean "Prescott Bush"?  Was there a name change?

Anyway, I answered your questions.

OK, Prescott Bush.  But you took the numbers and forgot them.  The Germans had to kill at lot more of their troops than the US did.  My claim is that their regime tried to force them to do more evil shit than our regime did (and we did do some evil shit too).  The staff failure rate among Einsatz-gruppen folks was higher than most other military units ... I strongly suspect.  Soldiers killing soldiers was normal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 11, 2019, 05:29:10 AM
OK, Prescott Bush.  But you took the numbers and forgot them.  The Germans had to kill at lot more of their troops than the US did.  My claim is that their regime tried to force them to do more evil shit than our regime did (and we did do some evil shit too).  The staff failure rate among Einsatz-gruppen folks was higher than most other military units ... I strongly suspect.  Soldiers killing soldiers was normal.

We all mistake names sometimes.  I'm notorious for it.  So no problem, I was just checking about that.

I did NOT forget the numbers.  I fully realize that many Germans were forced to fight when they didn't want to.  And on the Eastern Front against the Soviets, I sure understand that.  It was horrible for both sides...

But I also know that the German desertion and punishment rate was also larger after they started to lose.  It's easy to be loyal when you think you are winning.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.