News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 10, 2019, 08:06:10 AM
There's a reason it's NEAR DEAD, because it's not death. Get it.

He's been told that, but chooses to ignore it. He's hopeless.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 10, 2019, 01:40:37 PM
He's been told that, but chooses to ignore it. He's hopeless.

Not gifted with critical thinking skills...

Unbeliever

He probably thinks critical thinking skills are a curse, rather than a gift.
God Not Found

aileron

If near death is referring to the light at the end of the tunnel, when I was in Navy flight training a chief who ran the GLOC (gravitationally induced loss of consciousness) centrifuge told me 50% of victims do the "funky chicken" coming back to consciousness and 50% report seeing a light at the end of a tunnel. When I blacked out I saw it too. I asked my cousin, a flight physiologist for the Air Force and he had a perfectly reasonable hypothesis. The fovia and a ring of rods around it are much more sensitive to light than the rest of the retina. Blacking out and regaining consciousness slowly enough all but guarantee tunnel vision.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Arik

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 10, 2019, 08:06:10 AM

Fine, but it still not the consenting definition of death established by the medical community since 1981, nearly 40 years ago. So you're barking on the wrong tree. The definition is clear: you must have an irreversible process, and two of them are described in the definition. That definition has absolutely nothing to do with how long a patient is without oxygen. So your misguided theory is sunk as it is clear no death occurs in an NDE. There's a reason it's NEAR DEAD, because it's not death. Get it.

You just don't get it man.

If physical science say that death is irreversible then those doctors that declare these people involved in their NDE dead then they must be total idiots considering that these people come back to life?

But doctors are not idiots.
They know exactly when is the case to declare the bloke dead or not.
The only problem is that these NDEs do not come under the rules of the physical science.
Doctors do their duty and they do it quite well but it is not part of their knowledge to understand what is not part of physical-medical science.

Doctors did not study the relationship that link individual consciousness with God.
They only studied physical science and medical science in particular so nobody expect from them to understand what the consciousness is all about.

Medical science can not conceive that an irreversible dead is not irreversible but what is impossible for the physical spectrum is instead possible for the master of the universe therefore there is absolutely nothing irreversible and impossible.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

aileron

QuoteBut doctors are not idiots.
They know exactly when is the case to declare the bloke dead or not.

Are you sure you want to stand by this position before you face the onslaught of humiliation through counter examples?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 10, 2019, 07:35:37 PM
He probably thinks critical thinking skills are a curse, rather than a gift.

Critical skills ... "You %%^#* skank" ... like that?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: aileron on August 10, 2019, 08:11:49 PM
Are you sure you want to stand by this position before you face the onslaught of humiliation through counter examples?

I could say the same think about you guys considering that none of you is able to explain how it is possible that a declared dead person is able to see or better say perceive what is going on around his-her dead body and once back in his-her body describe all to be confirm by all present.

So how you put that ONSLAUGHT my friend?  :smiley:
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Arik on August 10, 2019, 07:54:19 PM

If physical science say that death is irreversible then those doctors that declare these people involved in their NDE dead then they must be total idiots considering that these people come back to life?

It's not physical science that says so, but the America Medical Association, which has over 200,000 members. If they thought this definition was inadequate, they would have pressured their association to change it. Obviously, they didn't since the definition has been around for nearly 40 years.

You think that death is due to a lack of oxygen, probably got that from watching some stupid TV show, but it isn't so.

The irony is that you were begging all of us to read up on this. Yet a simple google search on the definition of death formulated by the medical community has exposed a huge crack in your ill-conceived theory. The least you can do is thank us for helping you to see the light. But I'm not holding my breath.

Believe what you want, it's a free country, but there are a lot of gullible people out there, so maybe you'll be successful. I don't think you'll find any adherent here... oh wait, maybe Baruch might go for it. Better than nothing...

Unbeliever

Quote from: Arik on August 11, 2019, 06:22:49 AM

I could say the same think about you guys considering that none of you is able to explain how it is possible that a declared dead person is able to see or better say perceive what is going on around his-her dead body and once back in his-her body describe all to be confirm by all present.

So how you put that ONSLAUGHT my friend?  :smiley:

We simply have no reason to explain it any more than we already have, since we don't believe your premise, that fully dead people came back to life. And you quoting people who claim that fully dead people did come back to life does not constitute any sort of evidence.

Besides, why should we care to school you on any of this stuff? You, after all, came to us, we didn't come to you.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 11, 2019, 06:12:20 PM

We simply have no reason to explain it any more than we already have, since we don't believe your premise, that fully dead people came back to life. And you quoting people who claim that fully dead people did come back to life does not constitute any sort of evidence.

Besides, why should we care to school you on any of this stuff? You, after all, came to us, we didn't come to you.

My question is ... are we alive?  Or just dead people in a budget afterlife?  There is so much evidence out there, X-files and zombies in the voting booths ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 11, 2019, 09:31:24 AM

It's not physical science that says so, but the America Medical Association, which has over 200,000 members. If they thought this definition was inadequate, they would have pressured their association to change it. Obviously, they didn't since the definition has been around for nearly 40 years.

You think that death is due to a lack of oxygen, probably got that from watching some stupid TV show, but it isn't so.

The irony is that you were begging all of us to read up on this. Yet a simple google search on the definition of death formulated by the medical community has exposed a huge crack in your ill-conceived theory. The least you can do is thank us for helping you to see the light. But I'm not holding my breath.

Believe what you want, it's a free country, but there are a lot of gullible people out there, so maybe you'll be successful. I don't think you'll find any adherent here... oh wait, maybe Baruch might go for it. Better than nothing...

Don't be ridiculous man.

The history is full of cases in which the word of the majority was the only truth but after sometime it turn to be totally wrong.

You must have heard the story that the planet earth was the center of the universe and that it was flat.
That belief last for long time but at the end it was cast in the rubbish bin of history and now anyone who come up with that idea is rightly taken as mad man.

Nobody has ever seen a dead consciousness but most people believe that when the body die also the consciousness die.
And the evidence of that where suppose to be?

It is funny that Atheists always ask to other for evidence for everything but when other ask Atheists for evidence then evidence is not needed because now we must trust an association with 200.00 member.
That is garbage way of carrying on.

As far as the range of expertise of these association is confined to the corral of physicality that is ok.
In this case I agree that physical death is irreversible.
However under different laws nothing is irreversible.
It is the master of the whole creation that decide what is irreversible or not rather than anybody else and this has been proven with a myriad of NDEs.   

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Arik on August 11, 2019, 07:20:29 PM

Don't be ridiculous man.

The history is full of cases in which the word of the majority was the only truth but after sometime it turn to be totally wrong.

You must have heard the story that the planet earth was the center of the universe and that it was flat.
That belief last for long time but at the end it was cast in the rubbish bin of history and now anyone who come up with that idea is rightly taken as mad man.

Nobody has ever seen a dead consciousness but most people believe that when the body die also the consciousness die.
And the evidence of that where suppose to be?

It is funny that Atheists always ask to other for evidence for everything but when other ask Atheists for evidence then evidence is not needed because now we must trust an association with 200.00 member.
That is garbage way of carrying on.

As far as the range of expertise of these association is confined to the corral of physicality that is ok.
In this case I agree that physical death is irreversible.
However under different laws nothing is irreversible.
It is the master of the whole creation that decide what is irreversible or not rather than anybody else and this has been proven with a myriad of NDEs.   

Your theory has been debunked.
Bye

trdsf

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 09, 2019, 10:38:33 AM
My mother had a budgie that learned to "talk". Basically it was just repeating whatever my mother would say. What was uncanny is that the bird would sometimes repeat a phrase that would fit the situation, which would bring down the house in tears of laughter...
My grandparents kept a mynah in the late 1960s; we took care of it for two weeks while they vacationed in Italy.  Every morning like clockwork, at 6am that damn thing would go "AWRK!  DIRTY RAT!  DIRTY RAT!" right outside my bedroom door.

Only now does that make me wonder just what the everlasting Technicolor hell was going on over at Grandma and Grandpa's house that it picked *that* phrase and timing up...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: Arik on August 11, 2019, 07:20:29 PMThe history is full of cases in which the word of the majority was the only truth but after sometime it turn to be totally wrong.
Hasn't theism been the majority view for quite some time?  ðŸ¤"