News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 09, 2019, 08:51:40 AM
Since when is Baruch an expert. He's idiot, and you are double idiot, thinking that anyone would fall for this ducking. That definition of death, in operation since 1981, destroys your claim since you based arbitrarily death at having no oxygen within a few seconds. The definition established by the medical community is quite clear: it is an irreversible process. Anyone who went through an NDE did not go through an irreversible process, and cannot be considered as dead.

Go along with your stupid theory as you will continue to do proving what I said about you that you are an intellectual fraud, with Baruch applauding you, but you're done AFAIC.

You are Dr A D Hominem ;-)  Are all former professors as authoritarian as you are?  Probably goes with the job.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 09, 2019, 09:47:26 AM
Yeah, Magpies can be taught to talk.  Don't now about the Austrian type, but the type found in the Oregon high desert can--I've heard them.

Wonder if talking birds that were kept by hippies have interesting vocabulary? ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 09, 2019, 09:51:10 AM
Wonder if talking birds that were kept by hippies have interesting vocabulary? ;-))
Hippies???  As usual, I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.  I'm talking about the early to mid 50's and in Hermiston, Oregon, located near a high desert ammo dump.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 09, 2019, 10:29:23 AM
Hippies???  As usual, I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.  I'm talking about the early to mid 50's and in Hermiston, Oregon, located near a high desert ammo dump.

Did the military kill all the birds before the 60s?  I wasn't speaking of your birds.  Are those the only birds?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 09, 2019, 09:47:26 AM
Yeah, Magpies can be taught to talk.  Don't now about the Austrian type, but the type found in the Oregon high desert can--I've heard them.

My mother had a budgie that learned to "talk". Basically it was just repeating whatever my mother would say. What was uncanny is that the bird would sometimes repeat a phrase that would fit the situation, which would bring down the house in tears of laughter...

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 09, 2019, 09:50:10 AM
You are Dr A D Hominem ;-)  Are all former professors as authoritarian as you are?  Probably goes with the job.

When you have 30 pairs of eyes, 30 pairs of ears, and 30 brains watching everything you say, you better have a mastery of your subject. Otherwise those students will eat you alive. You may fake it in a lit class. Faking it in a physics class is not a good idea.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 09, 2019, 10:50:34 AM
When you have 30 pairs of eyes, 30 pairs of ears, and 30 brains watching everything you say, you better have a mastery of your subject. Otherwise those students will eat you alive. You may fake it in a lit class. Faking it in a physics class is not a good idea.

That professor at MIT, Walter Lewin.  I loved his "will pendulum bowling ball hit my face" experiment.  Sad he was guilty of sexual harassment.  That is a problem with authority figures.  I am fortunate that I have taught adults in small numbers in very informal settings ;-))

Yeah, lit class.  Is that a classist statement? ;-)  Our philosophy professor, Freshman class required subject ... he taught Plato's Republic.  Their standards are ... pretty loose.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 09, 2019, 10:33:06 AM
Did the military kill all the birds before the 60s?  I wasn't speaking of your birds.  Are those the only birds?
Damn!  You must be smoking some good shit, man--or dropping some great shit--White Rabbit!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 09, 2019, 11:30:50 AM
  That is a problem with authority figures.

It's not a question of authority but a question of trust, which is something you earn, and not given. I never had to impose my authority in class. I knew I had to earn their trust by giving the knowledge they were eager to learn, and not some bullshit. Put it this way. They outnumber you 30:1, most of them are in a honors or major program in physics, and they are smarter than you. The only advantage I had is more knowledge and better understanding. I was also fully aware that advantage was temporary - sooner they would equal their master and eventually surpass him. But once I had their trust, I would have that for a long time.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 09, 2019, 12:20:19 PM
Damn!  You must be smoking some good shit, man--or dropping some great shit--White Rabbit!

Your response was ... pre-1960 birds is all we can talk about, because that is what I was talking about.  I never went there, I was talking species.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 09, 2019, 12:21:39 PM

It's not a question of authority but a question of trust, which is something you earn, and not given. I never had to impose my authority in class. I knew I had to earn their trust by giving the knowledge they were eager to learn, and not some bullshit. Put it this way. They outnumber you 30:1, most of them are in a honors or major program in physics, and they are smarter than you. The only advantage I had is more knowledge and better understanding. I was also fully aware that advantage was temporary - sooner they would equal their master and eventually surpass him. But once I had their trust, I would have that for a long time.

Under Title IX. How it is applied, has varied.  Sometimes the professor is guilty, other times the student is making a false accusation, other times the college admin is over-reacting.  9/10 of my professors were capable people ... but then I was mostly in technical courses.

I mostly trust your opinion in physics, not because I am 18 and in your Freshman class.  I have seen your posts.  They are mostly reliable within your subject.  Same as Hakurei is on Beysian statistics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Since when is Baruch an expert. He's idiot, and you are double idiot, thinking that anyone would fall for this ducking. That definition of death, in operation since 1981, destroys your claim since you based arbitrarily death at having no oxygen within a few seconds. The definition established by the medical community is quite clear: it is an irreversible process. Anyone who went through an NDE did not go through an irreversible process, and cannot be considered as dead.

Go along with your stupid theory as you will continue to do proving what I said about you that you are an intellectual fraud, with Baruch applauding you, but you're done AFAIC.

Since you pop up in the forum and in this thread I realized that you are some sort of a fool but now with this new post you put in clear terms that you are.

First I never said few seconds.
If you read my previous post you would see that I did write 3 minutes and in very rare cases 10 minutes.

Second the medical community can only perceive what come under the physical-mental issue not what come under what is behind the physical-mental one such as the relation that come between the personal consciousness and the mighty ocean of consciousness also known as God.

That is something that the medical community has still to come to terms with but NDEs are making a fast progress as more and more scientists start studying the issue with great interest and the so called irreversible process is no longer so irreversible under certain circumstances.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

You are a total joke man.

1981 is a long long time away in terms of how the science works.
Since when you changed your smart phone?
Would you still hang on to the phone that we had in 1981?

Medical science is the same.
What was the latest discover in 1981 is total rubbish today.
That discover has been cast in the rubbish bin of history ages ago and now the latest discoveries are total different.

Get real man.  :evil:

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 09, 2019, 10:29:23 AM
I'm talking about the early to mid 50's and in Hermiston, Oregon, located near a high desert ammo dump.
The Montana State Bird is the Meadow Lark, which may have been chosen because of its pleasant trill, but just going on numbers, I thought it should have been the Magpie, but I guess birds whose main diet is roadkill don't appeal to the committee that chooses the state bird.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Arik on August 10, 2019, 06:40:39 AM

Since you pop up in the forum and in this thread I realized that you are some sort of a fool but now with this new post you put in clear terms that you are.

First I never said few seconds.
If you read my previous post you would see that I did write 3 minutes and in very rare cases 10 minutes.

Fine, but it still not the consenting definition of death established by the medical community since 1981, nearly 40 years ago. So you're barking on the wrong tree. The definition is clear: you must have an irreversible process, and two of them are described in the definition. That definition has absolutely nothing to do with how long a patient is without oxygen. So your misguided theory is sunk as it is clear no death occurs in an NDE. There's a reason it's NEAR DEAD, because it's not death. Get it.