Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Arik on August 07, 2019, 09:51:56 AM

Don't be ridiculous and stubborn Jos.

The person who is ridiculous and stubborn is you. As I once said, insults are cheap. Throw me some insults, and I'll throw them right back at you. Not to mention your ridiculous use of childish cartoonish pix, as if that could strengthen your point. It doesn't.

QuoteMost Atheists even reject clear facts based on evidence (see NDEs) so how on earth can you talk about evidence if evidence mean nothing to you?

Get real man. 

Your claim on NDE is totally ridiculous. It's just your opinion which you mistakenly think as evidence.

Arik

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 06, 2019, 11:27:28 AM
And what would that be?

That is all about free will.

Humans are free to go up or down.
Up towards the peak of evolution and merge into the sea of cosmic consciousness or to go down towards animal life or even matter.

I don't think it is a difficult point to understand.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Arik on August 07, 2019, 10:06:34 AM

That is all about free will.

Humans are free to go up or down.
Up towards the peak of evolution and merge into the sea of cosmic consciousness or to go down towards animal life or even matter.

I don't think it is a difficult point to understand.

It's not difficult to understand that it's all bullshit.

Arik

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 07, 2019, 10:02:52 AM

The person who is ridiculous and stubborn is you. As I once said, insults are cheap. Throw me some insults, and I'll throw them right back at you. Not to mention your ridiculous use of childish cartoonish pix, as if that could strengthen your point. It doesn't.

That is bizarre Jos.
Since you came on the forum (or came back) all you have done is to treat theists like idiots and now you get offended for some simple jokes.
Grow up Jos.

QuoteYour claim on NDE is totally ridiculous. It's just your opinion which you mistakenly think as evidence.

Not at all Jos.
That is the opinion of thousand of witness and the fact that you have no valid arguments to counter that say it all.

Fail again man.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 07, 2019, 10:07:56 AM
It's not difficult to understand that it's all bullshit.

Having no valid arguments to counter what I said made you a loser.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Arik on August 07, 2019, 10:17:30 AM

That is the opinion of thousand of witness and the fact that you have no valid arguments to counter that say it all.

You don't understand my post - either you're too dense or a hypocrite or just confused - and perhaps all three.

I'm not denying the existence of NDE's, which you seem to think I said that, but your claim of what NDE's are. Your interpretation of NDE's is just bogus.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Arik on August 07, 2019, 10:20:06 AM

Having no valid arguments to counter what I said made you a loser.

Yes there a valid argument: YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE. That's the valid argument for me to say to you, you are just spewing nonsense.

Arik

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 07, 2019, 10:23:26 AM
You don't understand my post - either you're too dense or a hypocrite or just confused - and perhaps all three.

I'm not denying the existence of NDE's, which you seem to think I said that, but your claim of what NDE's are. Your interpretation of NDE's is just bogus.

Now you are talking rubbish.

It is not my interpretation at all.
The facts are clear and the witnesses are real so to say that it is my interpretation is just a way to divert the facts and that equal to dishonesty.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 07, 2019, 09:02:37 AM
And since that claim can never be proven, it's the equivalent of bullshitting.

An NDE is anecdotal only.  I consider this sort of thing metaphysics.  That isn't controlled experiment territory (but this has been tried).  So in that sense, you are correct.  But you are using "proof" loosely.  "proof" only happens in math, not in science.  In science there is repeated demonstration (either uncontrolled observation or controlled experiment).  Metaphysical things are purely subjective, and thus outside demonstration.  For instance, I can see might right hand, right now.  And I am the only one here.  It is in principle, objective, if someone else was here to confirm.  That makes it objective.  There are cases where confirmation by another person isn't possible.  For instance, I don't want violence in the US.  I can testify to that, but there is no way to demonstrate it.  That is why in court, we have testimony.  Fortunately in modern scientific police work, objective evidence has been brought forward.  Denying testimony, where that is the only evidence available (yes, it is evidence) is contrary to the way the courts operate.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Arik on August 07, 2019, 10:32:16 AM

Now you are talking rubbish.

It is not my interpretation at all.
The facts are clear and the witnesses are real so to say that it is my interpretation is just a way to divert the facts and that equal to dishonesty.

That leaves me to believe you don't know the basic definition of a fact. Saying "I saw God" NOT a fact unless you have tangible, verifiable evidence.

Arik

Quote from: Baruch on August 07, 2019, 10:47:37 AM
An NDE is anecdotal only.  I consider this sort of thing metaphysics.  That isn't controlled experiment territory (but this has been tried).  So in that sense, you are correct.  But you are using "proof" loosely.  "proof" only happens in math, not in science.  In science there is repeated demonstration (either uncontrolled observation or controlled experiment).  Metaphysical things are purely subjective, and thus outside demonstration.  For instance, I can see might right hand, right now.  And I am the only one here.  It is in principle, objective, if someone else was here to confirm.  That makes it objective.  There are cases where confirmation by another person isn't possible.  For instance, I don't want violence in the US.  I can testify to that, but there is no way to demonstrate it.  That is why in court, we have testimony.  Fortunately in modern scientific police work, objective evidence has been brought forward.  Denying testimony, where that is the only evidence available (yes, it is evidence) is contrary to the way the courts operate.

Ok. then.

Put in this way Baruch.
Suppose you are a doctor.
You have a chap that died in front of you.
No blood+oxygen run through his head for the last 15-20 minutes.
In the meantime you and other medical staff try your very best to bring him back to life.
After sometime the chap come back to life and describe not only what you were doing to save him but even what you were thinking.

Is this anecdotal evidence?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on August 07, 2019, 10:17:30 AM
That is bizarre Jos.
Since you came on the forum (or came back) all you have done is to treat theists like idiots...........
Because they are.  Pure and simple.  And you are the poster child for idiocy.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Arik on August 07, 2019, 11:20:14 AM

Ok. then.

Put in this way Baruch.
Suppose you are a doctor.
You have a chap that died in front of you.
No blood+oxygen run through his head for the last 15-20 minutes.
In the meantime you and other medical staff try your very best to bring him back to life.
After sometime the chap come back to life and describe not only what you were doing to save him but even what you were thinking.

Is this anecdotal evidence?

You made up that story. Where's the evidence of that happening?

Mike Cl

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 07, 2019, 12:06:46 PM
You made up that story. Where's the evidence of that happening?
You just never tire of proving, over and over again, just how really rock-bottom stupid you are.  You are amusing, though.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

josephpalazzo

Yeah, I'm that stubbornly stupid. I can't help it...