News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arik

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 05, 2019, 11:21:28 AM
Are you drunk or something??  This is not understandable and even below your usual drivel.

Actually is all very very simple but obviously for people that do not even know what is the difference between the brain and the consciousness or the I then you are correct because simple things must be hard to understand for them.

Read the post I just wrote in reply to CB so you may understand better what I said.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on August 06, 2019, 07:57:18 AM

Actually is all very very simple but obviously for people that do not even know what is the difference between the brain and the consciousness or the I then you are correct because simple things must be hard to understand for them.

Read the post I just wrote in reply to CB so you may understand better what I said.

You are simple, alright.  The real world is simply too awesome, to frightening to you to handle, so you simply make stuff up, and if it makes you feel better, you then proclaim you have THE answer to all.  You do NOT want to entertain any thing else, for that would simply be too scary for you to endure.  Good luck with all of that--I do hope you feel better; just don't expect me to embrace your fears and fantasies.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Arik

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 06, 2019, 09:07:25 AM
You are simple, alright.  The real world is simply too awesome, to frightening to you to handle, so you simply make stuff up, and if it makes you feel better, you then proclaim you have THE answer to all.  You do NOT want to entertain any thing else, for that would simply be too scary for you to endure.  Good luck with all of that--I do hope you feel better; just don't expect me to embrace your fears and fantasies.

The real world is not the physical-material one that you think Mike.
It is a big big fantasy to believe that that is the case.

But don't panic yet.
At the right time you too will accept this conclusion.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Arik on August 06, 2019, 07:42:14 AM

When I said that a chemical masturbation lead to disaster...

Not if you use paper tissues...

Arik

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 06, 2019, 09:44:31 AM
Not if you use paper tissues...

Oh, well.......I can't really argue with the expert in the field.........

josephpalazzo

Oops, and I thought I would be getting a rant on masturbation being evil. I guess not...

Arik

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 06, 2019, 10:13:25 AM
Oops, and I thought I would be getting a rant on masturbation being evil. I guess not...

Evil is a term invented by some religious priest in the past in order to mentally control the masses.

In yoga this term is not used.
In yoga there are actions that help you to achieve more consciousness and actions that make you lose the consciousness that you have.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Arik on August 06, 2019, 10:28:19 AM

In yoga this term is not used.
In yoga there are actions that help you to achieve more consciousness and actions that make you lose the consciousness that you have.

And what would that be?

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on August 06, 2019, 09:42:16 AM
The real world is not the physical-material one that you think Mike.
It is a big big fantasy to believe that that is the case.

But don't panic yet.
At the right time you too will accept this conclusion.

Reality is anchored in the material temporal world but not limited to that.  The immaterial eternal world is the larger picture.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 06, 2019, 10:13:25 AM

That is a Puritan hangup.  Most of the world isn't Puritan.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Simon Moon

Quote from: Arik on August 06, 2019, 07:57:18 AM

The only difference is, that consciousness is what the brain does. All testable, repeatable, falsifiable evidence points to the fact, that without a functioning physical brain, there is no consciousness.

QuoteRead the post I just wrote in reply to CB so you may understand better what I said.

The post you just wrote, is nothing more than unsupported assertions. Pretty much all you've posted for 64 pages now.

It is not our fault we are not as gullible and credulous as you are.
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on August 06, 2019, 12:32:09 PM
That is a Puritan hangup.  Most of the world isn't Puritan.

Yeah, thank God for that! LOL
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 04, 2019, 12:57:41 PM
So you don't believe love exists? My mistake.

I wrote a simple statement that crushed your ignorance and you, knowing you had no answer for the obvious, tried to sidestep. Nice try boy, but you got stepped on.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: trdsf on August 05, 2019, 01:59:04 AMFuck infinities.  They have nothing to do with the fact that your position is untenable.
And here I thought you were into math.  It is, after all, a mathematical dilemma that is the basis of your argument that my position is untenable, or that I can't understand flowers, or use science.  But as I have been saying, math is only a construct.  It's only in the mind--from within.  You are only exchanging one construct for another.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Simon Moon

Quote from: aitm on August 06, 2019, 01:40:27 PM
I wrote a simple statement that crushed your ignorance and you, knowing you had no answer for the obvious, tried to sidestep. Nice try boy, but you got stepped on.

His response is pretty typical of theists, when it is pointed out to them, that people of almost every religion: claim to love their gods, claim their gods talk to them, claim they can feel their god, etc.

And they all have the same amount of 'evidence' to support their claims, which is personal and hearsay.

And here I am, standing outside all unsupported theistic belief systems, with no way of knowing which one, if any, is true.

And all we have, is theists like Absolute_Agent, providing us with all the same flawed evidence, and fallacious arguments, that every Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jew has ever provided us with.

And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell