News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Arik on August 04, 2019, 11:28:34 AM

Actually I do regard doctors as very intelligent people (unlike you that reject their evidence) however I found something a lot more important in life and that is called yoga which is the way to the goal of life faster than anything else.

What about you Jos?

What are your priorities in life?

That is GREAT!  Talk about totally missing the point BUT with ATTITUDE, LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Arik on August 04, 2019, 11:28:34 AM

Actually I do regard doctors as very intelligent people (unlike you that reject their evidence) however I found something a lot more important in life and that is called yoga which is the way to the goal of life faster than anything else.

When you have to resort to yoga (and by extension) other non-proven medical claims like acupuncture and animal horns, you can't claim much medical expertise.  I mean, you didn't even MENTION that grinding up coconut shells in your pulverized lawn grass (fescue only) will give you invisibility powers...

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 04, 2019, 05:28:39 PM
This reminds me of a quote of Diderot's:

But I might point out that if there is a good starry or moonlight night, you sometimes CAN see better than without a candle in your face...  I would offer a quote of bit of science, but all I get from Google today is ads for candles.  I had in mind though, some nights spent in Canada decades ago where the Milky Way shone like diamonds across the sky and even the full moon rising did not dim it.  I could walk around with that more clearly than with a candle.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 04, 2019, 07:24:05 PM
Some people are allergic to alternative medicine and alternative psychotherapy.  And some of it is bollocks.  But the really committed, are agents of Big Pharma.

Peer-reviewed and evaluated drugs are useful if the side-effects are less than the problem they are solving.  AND if they work for the individual.  I suspect the time of individually-designed drugs is coming soon.

Cavebear

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 04, 2019, 06:16:52 AM
I have experienced Allah, as have many.

Ah, I was expecting an Allah reference eventually...  One of the craziest of the craziest.  All religious believers have been the craziest at some point in history, but Allahists are about the craziest currently. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 07:02:05 AM
Peer-reviewed and evaluated drugs are useful if the side-effects are less than the problem they are solving.  AND if they work for the individual.  I suspect the time of individually-designed drugs is coming soon.

If, if, if ... individually tailored drugs will be possible, but by nature expensive.  Drugs are cheap because they are mass prescribed to patients they are unsuitable for.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 08:00:19 AM
If, if, if ... individually tailored drugs will be possible, but by nature expensive.  Drugs are cheap because they are mass prescribed to patients they are unsuitable for.

The first tailored drugs will be male and female specific.  Women are not the same as men medically or drugwise.  Then it will get to age.  After that, medication protocols based on ethnicity, which may cause a real dilemma.  NIH says yes ( I personally find that troubling).

Arik

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on August 04, 2019, 06:25:41 PM
So biochemical reactions in the brain are, to you, proof of God.

I meant what I said.  There is no proof, which is why it is called "faith".

Biochemical reaction need to be felt by the I so it is within the I that the good exist.
All chemical reaction do is to open a door and it is inside this door that the good exist.

Because this I is connected to everything else then we experience the greatness and magnitude of the whole.
We humans look alike because we originate from the same tree of life and it is by penetrating inside this great origin that we feel so good even if a chemical masturbation then lead to disaster.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Cavebear

Quote from: Arik on August 05, 2019, 10:54:13 AM
Biochemical reaction need to be felt by the I so it is within the I that the good exist.
All chemical reaction do is to open a door and it is inside this door that the good exist.

Because this I is connected to everything else then we experience the greatness and magnitude of the whole.
We humans look alike because we originate from the same tree of life and it is by penetrating inside this great origin that we feel so good even if a chemical masturbation then lead to disaster.

OK, first, what on earth do you mean by "I".  If you mean ego or id or something like that, say so.

Second, are you suggesting that all good and evil comes from chemistry?  That is either very profound at a materialist level (which I doubt you mean), or a rather simplistic level (and I will leave the interpretation to you.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on August 05, 2019, 10:54:13 AM

Are you drunk or something??  This is not understandable and even below your usual drivel. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 08:36:46 AM
The first tailored drugs will be male and female specific.  Women are not the same as men medically or drugwise.  Then it will get to age.  After that, medication protocols based on ethnicity, which may cause a real dilemma.  NIH says yes ( I personally find that troubling).

Correct ... except for drugs that have always been specific to men/women, those drugs will cost 2x as much as the old drugs (capitalist supply/demand).  There is no free lunch, except in Venezuela.

I agree, ethnicity won't work.  We aren't different by ethnicity as much as we are different individually.  Two Black men are farther apart than a comparable White man to either of them.  Race isn't real (except for very specific things like sickle cell anemia).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 11:43:21 AM
Race isn't real (except for very specific things like sickle cell anemia).

Which, in the tropics where it originated, provides some protection from malaria.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 11:43:21 AM
Correct ... except for drugs that have always been specific to men/women, those drugs will cost 2x as much as the old drugs (capitalist supply/demand). 

That's where you err.  Drugs have historically been tested on men.  Not deliberately, but through unintended bias.  First, men were routinely chosen for tests (armed forces, "brave" volunteers, etc).  The assumption was that the results would be the same for men and women.  But that has been proven wrong.  Women don't experience heart attacks the same, way or process all drugs the same way.  And there are hormonal difference in how drugs work (or don't).  Women don't even process alcohol by equal weight as was previously thought.

New research specifically has to test men and women separately.  Just a quick link...  https://drugtestsinbulk.com/blog/drug-test-differences-based-on-sex/

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 04:04:54 PM
That's where you err.  Drugs have historically been tested on men.  Not deliberately, but through unintended bias.  First, men were routinely chosen for tests (armed forces, "brave" volunteers, etc).  The assumption was that the results would be the same for men and women.  But that has been proven wrong.  Women don't experience heart attacks the same, way or process all drugs the same way.  And there are hormonal difference in how drugs work (or don't).  Women don't even process alcohol by equal weight as was previously thought.

New research specifically has to test men and women separately.  Just a quick link...  https://drugtestsinbulk.com/blog/drug-test-differences-based-on-sex/

I know that already.  Great revelator of deep medical knowledge.  When I found this out about a decade ago, I was flabbergasted at the misogyny of the medical profession.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 11:08:00 AM
OK, first, what on earth do you mean by "I".  If you mean ego or id or something like that, say so.

The I is you distinct from the body.
The I is the one who decide to think and act.
The I is the one who tell your eyes to read Arik post.
The I is the one who tell your fingers to type on your keyboard something that make sense so Arik can understand what you try to say.
The I is the one that experience the good or bad feeling once the nervous system deliver the message to the brain place where the I is.
The I is the one that once the body-brain die will leave such a body and live on elsewhere waiting for the desirable day when it will reach the great ocean of consciousness.

QuoteSecond, are you suggesting that all good and evil comes from chemistry?  That is either very profound at a materialist level (which I doubt you mean), or a rather simplistic level (and I will leave the interpretation to you.

From chemistry come nothing.
Chemistry is like a masturbation and masturbation is the artificial key to open a door.
It is inside the door that lies the good or the bad.

When I said that a chemical masturbation lead to disaster I just mean that by forcing your entry inside your inner consciousness you ruin all the good that you had.
It is by entering in a natural way that you can gain progress.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das