News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arik

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 04, 2019, 11:16:19 AM
Nice try to deflect the conversation. I would grade your medical knowledge as "F". But ignorant people like you think they know everything because they happen to read some articles in a book or on the internet, which partly agree with their bias, and then think they know it all. Please get yourself an education and come back in 10 years or so with a medical doctorate, and then perhaps we can have a real conversation.

Actually I do regard doctors as very intelligent people (unlike you that reject their evidence) however I found something a lot more important in life and that is called yoga which is the way to the goal of life faster than anything else.

What about you Jos?

What are your priorities in life?

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

aitm

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 05:51:40 PM
Congratulations @aitm, you are now a believer. 1 John 4:8 says "God is love". When you recognized the existence of love, you recognized God. And you mentioned Jesus to boot! [emoji28]

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Dancing around my point that pounded your ass In the ground is typical of “believers” who get caught in their own lies.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Arik on August 04, 2019, 11:28:34 AM

Actually I do regard doctors as very intelligent people (unlike you that reject their evidence)

Reject what evidence? Again spewing nonsense. Do you know the difference between your mouth and your ass? Start studying anatomy, perhaps one day you'll get in one of those medical school.

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: aitm on August 04, 2019, 12:13:51 PM
Dancing around my point that pounded your ass In the ground is typical of “believers” who get caught in their own lies.
So you don't believe love exists? My mistake.  Apparently your idea of getting a point across has to do with the level of skill you can display in insulting.  Must be where @josephpalazzo gets it from.  Fact is you are logically trapped by what you thought was a stunning smackdown, and now you're squirming.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 04, 2019, 12:57:41 PM
... Fact is you are logically trapped by...

Says the certified idiot who is logically trapped in his own religion...

Unbeliever

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 04, 2019, 10:51:02 AM
We could all ask how stupid/crazy a person would have to be to even listen to this crap, much less take any of it seriously, but we don't have to because Arik tells us: stop thinking and just believe. Suspend thinking and just feel your way along.

This reminds me of a quote of Diderot's:

Quote from: Dennis Diderot
Wandering in a vast forrest at night, I have only a faint light to guide me. A stranger appears and says to me: 'My friend, you should blow out your candle in order to find your way more clearly.' This stranger is a theologian.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Arik on August 04, 2019, 10:19:59 AMWhat you mean that you don't have proof?

If you smoke, drink or use drugs then you should know that these substances act as a mental masturbation on the pineal gland which is the seat of your I and this I is connected to the everything that exist and that is God as well so you don't really need faith to believe that God exist.

Anyone who use these substances already unconsciously believe in God within.

That is my belief but again you may well wait some more time before science will establish this as golden evidence.

So biochemical reactions in the brain are, to you, proof of God.

I meant what I said.  There is no proof, which is why it is called "faith".
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

aileron

Quote from: Arik on August 04, 2019, 11:23:04 AMI also do not see where the gold is hidden under the ground but if I never do any effort to find then I will never find.

The problem you must face is that legions of hard-working people have worked very hard toward a working theory that they did not want... That there is no "gold" to be found, that nature is all there is.

Humans like the idea of perpetual life in paradise. We didn't want to find evidence against it, but we did -- in abundance. Confirmation bias worked against science for centuries. Even the greatest of scientific minds such as Newton resorted to the god of the gaps when he couldn't figure out a problem. Along came Laplace who didn't need that hypothesis.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on August 04, 2019, 11:28:34 AM

Actually I do regard doctors as very intelligent people (unlike you that reject their evidence) however I found something a lot more important in life and that is called yoga which is the way to the goal of life faster than anything else.

What about you Jos?

What are your priorities in life?

Some people are allergic to alternative medicine and alternative psychotherapy.  And some of it is bollocks.  But the really committed, are agents of Big Pharma.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on August 04, 2019, 10:26:02 AM

So, tell me how come that some people born healthy and well off while other people born sick and terribly bad off?
Is that all about good or bad luck?

What you mean?
Are you saying that without a superior mind we would be well off?

Luck is a Greco-Roman goddess.  And Canaanite.  Tanit - Tyche - Fortuna ... it isn't Pascal/Fermat discussing cards and dice.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 04, 2019, 12:42:32 PM
Reject what evidence? Again spewing nonsense. Do you know the difference between your mouth and your ass? Start studying anatomy, perhaps one day you'll get in one of those medical school.

Cave men knew the difference.  Fallatio fans and sodomy fans don't.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on August 04, 2019, 06:25:41 PM
So biochemical reactions in the brain are, to you, proof of God.

I meant what I said.  There is no proof, which is why it is called "faith".

Not all religions are a faith.  Ideology is often a faith in utopias.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Arik on August 04, 2019, 10:19:59 AMIf you smoke, drink or use drugs then you should know that these substances act as a mental masturbation on the pineal gland which is the seat of your I and this I is connected to the everything that exist and that is God as well so you don't really need faith to believe that God exist.
Wow.  That's an awful lot of claims in quick succession with the barest logical threads between them.  That actually probably works in verbal arguments, but it's a trainwreck in written form.

QuoteAnyone who use these substances already unconsciously believe in God within.
Clearly, an apologetics argument worthy of recording.  Are you familiar with the Way of the Master, by any chance?  Cause I'm getting some serious Kirk "Crocoduck" Cameron vibes here.

QuoteThat is my belief but again you may well wait some more time before science will establish this as golden evidence.
Might be a long wait.

trdsf

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 04, 2019, 06:16:52 AM
It's not required to reject the validity of another's experience for yours to be valid.  I have experienced Allah, as have many.  Others have not.   That doesn't mean He does not exist.
No, and no, and no.  What I experienced â€" or more accurately, what I caused myself to experience inside a mind made more receptive through meditation and a subconscious desire to be free from Christianity â€" was an encounter with two separate, differently gendered individuals, a god and a goddess.  There is absolutely no way that you can reconcile that with any standard interpretation of Allah.  You must either deny the validity of my experience, or deny the validity of Allah.  It can not be both ways.  You can not have separate, independent supreme deities.

This is what I mean about science killing life.  When you try to pin things down, you suck the life out of them. And this does correspond to quantum mechanics.  However science as a whole has not truly integrated the implications of quantum mechanics yet.
Maybe it sucks the life out of it for you, but there are few things so affirming and awesome as understanding.  I genuinely pity you for that.  I can look at a flower, even of a type I've never seen before, and have a rough understanding of not only why it is the shape and color and height it is, but of the kinds of insects it needs to pollenate... and also go "oh, pretty" over it.

All you can do is go "oh, pretty".  You miss everything of any importance, of any meaning about it.

Now if you care to chat about infinity, I might be able to show you what I mean.  But first I need to know the difference between infinities you mentioned since I assumed there was only one type.
Why?  You're just grasping at any exit from the obvious logical inconsistency you've wandered yourself into.  Fuck infinities.  They have nothing to do with the fact that your position is untenable.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 04, 2019, 12:57:41 PM
Fact is you are logically trapped by what you thought was a stunning smackdown, and now you're squirming.
Pot, please do meet kettle.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan