News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 05:51:40 PM
Congratulations @aitm, you are now a believer. 1 John 4:8 says "God is love". When you recognized the existence of love, you recognized God. And you mentioned Jesus to boot! [emoji28]

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Jews say ... G-d is Life.  Hence .. L'chaim.  This is a better answer unfortunately.  The love theology of John and Rabbi Akiva, ended badly.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 03:40:06 PM
Yes, your experience was valid because it made sense to you at that time.  Why would I want to repeat your experience?  I want my own unique experiences.
And again, it is not possible for my religious experience and yours to both be valid.  If you say mine was valid, then you are explicitly rejecting the alleged godhood of Allah, because I absolutely did not experience that deity.  If you want to assert the divinity of Allah, you are required to reject any reality in my experience.

You cannot have it both ways.

I, however, can have it neither way.  My experience came only from within, not from without.  And I think yours did too.

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 03:40:06 PM
Unpredictability is part of life and what makes it fun.  Science kills that.
Obviously, you are not au courant with quantum mechanics.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Jason Harvestdancer

Hm, I guess I should give this topic a shot.

How many gods do I have?  Lots.
Do I have proof?  No, that's why it is called "faith", not "knowledge".
Am I going to try to convince you I am right about my beliefs?  Absolutely not.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: trdsf on August 04, 2019, 12:21:24 AM
And again, it is not possible for my religious experience and yours to both be valid.  If you say mine was valid, then you are explicitly rejecting the alleged godhood of Allah, because I absolutely did not experience that deity.  If you want to assert the divinity of Allah, you are required to reject any reality in my experience.

It's not required to reject the validity of another's experience for yours to be valid.  I have experienced Allah, as have many.  Others have not.   That doesn't mean He does not exist.  This is what I mean about science killing life.  When you try to pin things down, you suck the life out of them. And this does correspond to quantum mechanics.  However science as a whole has not truly integrated the implications of quantum mechanics yet. 

Now if you care to chat about infinity, I might be able to show you what I mean.  But first I need to know the difference between infinities you mentioned since I assumed there was only one type.

Baruch

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 04, 2019, 06:16:52 AM
It's not required to reject the validity of another's experience for yours to be valid.  I have experienced Allah, as have many.  Others have not.   That doesn't mean He does not exist.  This is what I mean about science killing life.  When you try to pin things down, you suck the life out of them. And this does correspond to quantum mechanics.  However science as a whole has not truly integrated the implications of quantum mechanics yet. 

Now if you care to chat about infinity, I might be able to show you what I mean.  But first I need to know the difference between infinities you mentioned since I assumed there was only one type.

Truth = uniformity of opinion ... hahaha.  I am willing to accept a plural truth.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 02, 2019, 01:42:06 PM
I don't think in terms of reward/punishment, or "karma," rather I just consider that there are good and bad consequences to our actions.

So, tell us how the consequences manifest?
Maybe the police get hold of those criminals?
And what about those that are not arrested?
The statistics in this regard are quite disappointing with maybe only 7% of criminals catch.
And all the rest how they suppose to pay for?

Don't you think that without a superior mind that administer all actions most people would never face the reactions to their actions?
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

SGOS

Quote from: Arik on August 04, 2019, 10:04:36 AM
So, tell us how the consequences manifest?
Maybe the police get hold of those criminals?
And what about those that are not arrested?
The statistics in this regard are quite disappointing with maybe only 7% of criminals catch.
And all the rest how they suppose to pay for?

Don't you think that without a superior mind that administer all actions most people would never face the reactions to their actions?
No, I don't, because I don't think there is any such mind.  If there were, we wouldn't have the problems you just described.

Arik

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on August 04, 2019, 01:17:31 AM
Hm, I guess I should give this topic a shot.

How many gods do I have?  Lots.
Do I have proof?  No, that's why it is called "faith", not "knowledge".
Am I going to try to convince you I am right about my beliefs?  Absolutely not.

What you mean that you don't have proof?

If you smoke, drink or use drugs then you should know that these substances act as a mental masturbation on the pineal gland which is the seat of your I and this I is connected to the everything that exist and that is God as well so you don't really need faith to believe that God exist.

Anyone who use these substances already unconsciously believe in God within.

That is my belief but again you may well wait some more time before science will establish this as golden evidence.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: SGOS on August 04, 2019, 10:07:58 AM
No, I don't, because I don't think there is any such mind.

So, tell me how come that some people born healthy and well off while other people born sick and terribly bad off?
Is that all about good or bad luck?

QuoteIf there were, we wouldn't have the problems you just described.

What you mean?
Are you saying that without a superior mind we would be well off?

SGOS

Quote from: Arik on August 04, 2019, 10:26:02 AM
So, tell me how come that some people born healthy and well off while other people born sick and terribly bad off?
???  Maybe because there is no loving overseer who assures everyone gets the same start?

I'm saying I see nothing in reality that indicates that a higher power is in any way involved in our lives.

By the way, I'm puzzled that you ask these questions.  Your two queries, don't help support your case for a God.

josephpalazzo

We could all ask how stupid/crazy a person would have to be to even listen to this crap, much less take any of it seriously, but we don't have to because Arik tells us: stop thinking and just believe. Suspend thinking and just feel your way along.

Sal1981

Quote from: SGOS on August 04, 2019, 10:07:58 AM
No, I don't, because I don't think there is any such mind.
Circumstance. We do not choose our birthplace, our DNA make-up (our parents) and a whole range of other things going through life. It's all down to circumstances outside your control.

Quote from: SGOS on August 04, 2019, 10:07:58 AMIf there were, we wouldn't have the problems you just described.
What you mean?

How can your reading comprehension be this bad? It's just down to circumstances; SGOS is merely pointing out the fact that a "superior mind" (euphemism for a deity, no doubt) could make the circumstances better, if it chose to.

But reality is structured in such a way that a deity either doesn't care or simply doesn't exist to be able to care.

Arik

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 04, 2019, 10:51:02 AM
We could all ask how stupid/crazy a person would have to be to even listen to this crap, much less take any of it seriously, but we don't have to because Arik tells us: stop thinking and just believe. Suspend thinking and just feel your way along.

Well, well, well...........

Arik may not know so many things but at least he does know when a person can be declared dead according also what medical science tell us.
What about you Jos?

Did you update your medical knowledge about this topic since you gave up the NDEs topic in total failing?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Arik on August 04, 2019, 11:01:48 AM

Well, well, well...........

Arik may not know so many things but at least he does know when a person can be declared dead according also what medical science tell us.
What about you Jos?

Did you update your medical knowledge about this topic since you gave up the NDEs topic in total failing?

Nice try to deflect the conversation. I would grade your medical knowledge as "F". But ignorant people like you think they know everything because they happen to read some articles in a book or on the internet, which partly agree with their bias, and then think they know it all. Please get yourself an education and come back in 10 years or so with a medical doctorate, and then perhaps we can have a real conversation.

Arik

Quote from: SGOS on August 04, 2019, 10:50:48 AM
???  Maybe because there is no loving overseer who assures everyone gets the same start?

What about if we all start on the same line but after some time due to the free will some people use that wrongly so they get in trouble?
Obviously you discount the possibility that there is reincarnation.
In this way it is impossible to see much and your judgement is in this case incorrect.

QuoteI'm saying I see nothing in reality that indicates that a higher power is in any way involved in our lives.

I also do not see where the gold is hidden under the ground but if I never do any effort to find then I will never find.

QuoteBy the way, I'm puzzled that you ask these questions.  Your two queries, don't help support your case for a God.

My queries only try to open all possibilities.
Not that I need them.
It is just for you considering that evidence lack in your mind.