News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 05, 2019, 05:19:17 PM
Yeah, James Randy comes to mind. I wonder if he still debunks con artists?

James Randi is 90 now.  Better find another.

Dogbert is a god-like consultant ... but he isn't the Trashman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB-OaWQIS2k

Proof that Randi is actually a cartoon ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZkfNc6TEAQ

another two-dimensional Ranti (that also shows multiple universe theory is real) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otWtofvQExs
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

How three-dimensional divine beings create a two-dimensional universe ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xa3imjfMUA

That is the picture of the incarnate voice of Alice ...

This also includes a clip of "I don't believe in Todd" ... which shows that most people here are alter-egos of Catbert.

Since this video is actually fro 20 years ago it is now old enough to be holy scripture ;-)

The end shows the truth about NDE ... we are all in NDE right now ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Skeptic Magazine comes to mind.  They used to offer a million dollar reward for anybody who could prove anything supernatural.  Have not paid out yet.  When I go to Barns and Noble, that is the first publication I snag (with a current baseball publication) to read with my coffee.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Scientists are easier to fool than most people would think, that's why stage magicians are better at debunking supernatural claims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YToyylAvlJ0
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2019, 06:58:54 PM
Skeptic Magazine comes to mind.  They used to offer a million dollar reward for anybody who could prove anything supernatural.  Have not paid out yet.  When I go to Barns and Noble, that is the first publication I snag (with a current baseball publication) to read with my coffee.

I am skeptical you actually do that ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 05, 2019, 07:09:11 PM
Scientists are easier to fool than most people would think, that's why stage magicians are better at debunking supernatural claims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YToyylAvlJ0

Must be true.  I love good stage magicians (not literally).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Arik on June 04, 2019, 09:35:47 AM

A hand?

That is a primitive way of doing.
If you will be alive maybe in 30-40 years time those machines will be controlled by the mind.

I might tend to agree with you on that.  But I'm still waiting for my flying car and speech-dictated email...  And my fuel-cell car for that matter.  And I (probably) don't have 30 years to wait.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Arik

Quote from: Cavebear on June 06, 2019, 01:57:26 AM
I might tend to agree with you on that.  But I'm still waiting for my flying car and speech-dictated email...  And my fuel-cell car for that matter.  And I (probably) don't have 30 years to wait.

You don't have to worry about that mate.

When you will reborn you will find yourself in a more advanced technology dimension but don't forget that from now on you will have to be a good boy eh. :cheesy:
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Cavebear

Quote from: Arik on June 06, 2019, 09:08:38 AM

You don't have to worry about that mate.

When you will reborn you will find yourself in a more advanced technology dimension but don't forget that from now on you will have to be a good boy eh. :cheesy:

Thank you for the kind thoughts.  Utter absurdity, of course, but surely well-meant.

I don't expect to be "reborn" and I don't expect any "afterlife".  Those who do are probably going to be disappointed, but then, they wouldn't know they were, being utterly dead, would they?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Arik

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2019, 01:55:55 PM
Airk is not about relative vs absolute.  For him, and most theists, there is only absolute.  He is absolutely sure his is correct--and only he (and fellow travelers) are correct.  He does not want to be bothered to think only flap is lips and produce inane stupidity.  That's his call; he can do as he wishes.  So, drivel on.........................

Wrong again CL.

I never said that I do not believe in the relative.
You say things that I never said and that is not very nice of you.

To me God is the absolute truth, and the universe is also truth, but relative.

Relative of what?
Suppose you create in your mind a vision.
That vision is part of you but is relative because your vision is not the real you.

That is why this created universe is relative and God is the absolute truth.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Cavebear on June 06, 2019, 09:20:29 AM
Thank you for the kind thoughts.  Utter absurdity, of course, but surely well-meant.

I don't expect to be "reborn" and I don't expect any "afterlife".  Those who do are probably going to be disappointed, but then, they wouldn't know they were, being utterly dead, would they?

What about if it is you that will be disappointed?

But no, you will not be disappointed because as you die (leave your body) you will understand that the real reality is behind death but again soon after you will be reborn into an other atheist and you will forget that reality for one more time until the day that you will surrender to the real reality.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on June 06, 2019, 10:14:33 AM

Wrong again CL.

I never said that I do not believe in the relative.
You say things that I never said and that is not very nice of you.

To me God is the absolute truth, and the universe is also truth, but relative.

Relative of what?

Suppose you create in your mind a vision.
That vision is part of you but is relative because your vision is not the real you.

That is why this created universe is relative and God is the absolute truth.
Like I said---drivel on, oh willfully stupid one. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Arik

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 06, 2019, 10:55:07 AM
Like I said---drivel on, oh willfully stupid one.

I am so so sorry that you are not interested in evolution but again if you think that evolution stop when it reach man then you will have to delay once again the day in which you will get out your cocoon of fantasy by keeping on worshipping your many materialists Gods.

Sad indeed Mike.

Baruch

Assuming reincarnation, I see people getting what they deserve.  Can't say that is a bad thing.  If some people are reincarnated as discontinued Atari video game cartridges (1980s), then OK by me.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on June 08, 2019, 02:03:02 AM

I am so so sorry that you are not interested in evolution but again if you think that evolution stop when it reach man then you will have to delay once again the day in which you will get out your cocoon of fantasy by keeping on worshipping your many materialists Gods.

Sad indeed Mike.

You do like to drivel all over yourself, don't you--you must go thru tons of Depends since you are always driveling all over yourself. 

You simply have no idea what evolution is nor how it functions.  And you have no idea what what the word 'worship' means.  In fact, language and accuracy seems to throw you for a loop.  As Mr. Gump (a mental giant compared to you) says--'Stupid is as stupid does'.............and you do stupid always and constantly.