News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 04, 2019, 04:18:25 PM

I think it would be characterized as a real dream, not a real experience. But them philosopher types like to insert qualifications into everything.

" was it a dream? the experience of the dream was real....ergo"....

oy

Awake = bullshit
Dream = more bullshit

So when I am typing this, it isn't asleep, so it is bullshit
When I am in a dream, I don't do typing, maybe I fly, so it is more bullshit

Since "experience" is no longer politically correct ... lets ban all words that are hard for the liberals to understand

I would ask you druggies out there ... when you are high, is that "more awake" ... LSD people say so.  Would seem raw majority here would be anti-drug ... so no alcohol etc because you want to be as real as possible.  Also imagination is evil, need to have no imagination.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on June 05, 2019, 09:59:17 AM

So when I am typing this, it isn't asleep, so it is bullshit

Finally.....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Arik

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on June 04, 2019, 05:31:41 PM
Did the wound actually close and heal, or did it seem to close with no apparent wound? Were you allowed to try to force apart the sides of the wound to make sure?

Yeah, and a hypodermic needle doesn't bleed nor leaves any scars either. Are they mystical? The way a wound is caused and the way it is handled has a great effect on whether it bleeds and whether or not it will heal up without scars. Certain wounds may even appear to be completely gone in seconds, because collagen is sticky, and as such long, shallow intrusions into the skin's outer layers tend to get pressed shut and seem to vanish.

I can speak from personal experience that you can be punctured in certain parts of your skin and not bleed much. Subcutaneous cuts and punctures particularly never did any more than ooze for me. Furthermore, it's not like none of these gurus or whatever they are have never done this before, and as such, have not worked out technique that allows them to poke themselves in such a way to cause themselves little to no bleeding, and have conditioned their skin and refined their technique such that the wound springs shut and leaves no apparent hole.

As to pain, you don't know that any of these gurus experienced no pain, rather than distancing themselves from that pain such that it doesn't affect their outward behavior. And of course, pain exists in the mind anyway, so even if they were able to poke themselves and feel no pain, it's not that remarkable. It does speak to the discipline and technique of these gurus to do such amazing feats, but again nothing outside the realm of physical possibility.

I guess that the only way for you to believe is to be present and attend one of these festival like I did.

Once you will see with your very eyes you will change not only your mind but that will also help you to give up your atheists beliefs because these events can only happen when the mind is focus on God and they go a lot further than breaking slabs of concrete where only a strong mind is needed.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

aitm

Quote from: Arik on June 05, 2019, 10:15:25 AM
when the mind is focus on God

I must have missed your previous enlightened readings......exactly which god allows all this super power....the fat one or the one with 8 arms?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on June 05, 2019, 09:49:18 AM

We live in a dimension that is moving and changing all the time and you talk of facts and reality.

Yeah, I do.  To bad you don't.  Drivel on idiot!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 05, 2019, 10:07:48 AM
Finally.....

The wokeness of the sleeper ... Hinduism is illustrative ...

It always comes down to ... theist has experiences (not necessarily quantitative experimental science) and this is denied by the atheist.  The theist thinks they are a demi-god (as image of god/Deva).  Atheist has experiences (not necessarily quantitative experimental science) and this is denied by the theist.  The atheist thinks they are a anti-demi-god (as image of anti-god/Asura).  The obvious difference is that the atheist doesn't realize their own irony.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

I guess that the only way for you to believe is to be present and attend one of these festival like I did.

Once you will see with your very eyes you will change not only your mind but that will also help you to give up your atheists beliefs because these events can only happen when the mind is focus on God and they go a lot further than breaking slabs of concrete where only a strong mind is needed.

Those certain in their closed mindedness .. avoid new experiences.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2019, 11:31:05 AM
Yeah, I do.  To bad you don't.  Drivel on idiot!

Relative vs absolute.  I see that as a moot point.  But common to philosophical types.  For some, only the absolute is real, in which case space-time isn't.  But I would have a hard time agreeing to that, so I don't.  The relative is just as real as the absolute.  Not sure any monkey has ever grasped anything that is absolute anyway.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on June 05, 2019, 01:22:59 PM
Relative vs absolute.  I see that as a moot point.  But common to philosophical types.  For some, only the absolute is real, in which case space-time isn't.  But I would have a hard time agreeing to that, so I don't.  The relative is just as real as the absolute.  Not sure any monkey has ever grasped anything that is absolute anyway.
Airk is not about relative vs absolute.  For him, and most theists, there is only absolute.  He is absolutely sure his is correct--and only he (and fellow travelers) are correct.  He does not want to be bothered to think only flap is lips and produce inane stupidity.  That's his call; he can do as he wishes.  So, drivel on.........................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on June 05, 2019, 01:20:26 PM
The atheist thinks they are a anti-demi-god (as image of anti-god/Asura).  The obvious difference is that the atheist doesn't realize their own irony.

okay...I kinda think we are successful animals....pretty much that. All that god/anti-god is from people who believe that we are special and created by something even "specialer".

Unbeliever

Yeah, isn't that special...

;-P
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 05, 2019, 03:23:18 PM
okay...I kinda think we are successful animals....pretty much that. All that god/anti-god is from people who believe that we are special and created by something even "specialer".

Yes, I agree, you aren't special (rhetorical).  I am special, in an ordinary way.  Cynic much?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 05, 2019, 03:36:51 PM
Yeah, isn't that special...

;-P

Exactly.  Everyone is uniquely special.  Otherwise there would only be one person in history.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

I would need to be more than merely "present" at the festival. I would need to be able to examine the 'woundless' gurus afterward to fully verify what you say, because just looking ain't enough.

Or you could produce an actual medical examination of one of these gurus post ritual (instead of something some dude present reported without close examination or expertise on the matter) to verify what you say is really medically impossible. I would also throw in a stage magician, too, to preclude actual trickery.

I don't claim any camera trickery, so I don't think I need to see any more. I would need to perform some actual experiments, like stick a blunt dowel into any spot they claim had had a wound but disappeared... but somehow I doubt it. If that were the case, there would already be literature about it.

QuoteOnce you will see with your very eyes you will change not only your mind but that will also help you to give up your atheists beliefs because these events can only happen when the mind is focus on God and they go a lot further than breaking slabs of concrete where only a strong mind is needed.
Because I know I can be fooled, I know that sometimes just seeing it â€"even in personâ€" is not enough. It is the height of arrogance to think that you can't be fooled by a skilled practicioner or con men. Indeed, it is the people who think that they can't be fooled who turn out to be the most gullible.

So far, you have described NOTHING that requires that I go to the supernatural of any flavor. Just a few pages back we had @aitm tell you, straight to your face, that concrete ain't the super-material that you're implying, because he grew up in construction and knew how easily it can break. It can fail suprisingly easy, if you use the (in)correct loading. That's why working in concrete is a skill and it's something you call a professional to handle; you can fuck it up such that a concrete slab you poured will fail if you look at it cross-eyed. Even if it's properly and fully cured, certain shapes will still break very easily with the wrong loading. If I were to try to break concrete without the help of any mental power, I would go about it EXACTLY as those martial artists have done.

Like I said before, you have to know well enough how nature works to say anything is supernatural. So far, you given no indication of expertise, just credulity.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on June 05, 2019, 05:13:36 PM
I would also throw in a stage magician, too, to preclude actual trickery.

Yeah, James Randy comes to mind. I wonder if he still debunks con artists?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman