News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: Arik on June 04, 2019, 09:51:32 AM

Remember however that there is a huge difference between a vision that may be caused by an hallucination and a real experience as an NDE.

"Real experience"? Right. I had a dream when I was a little boy of flying over the house and fields next to the house and over the AuSable river. Never flew before, even in a plane at the time yet the mind was able to generate real accurate views of everything from above looking down without ever actually flying. The mind is capable of producing any thing it wants. Whether we want it too or not. I know your in love and all breathless over your yoga-ish and Indian mysticism but.....meh.  When they start stopping floods or typhoons or even a runaway elephant call me.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

Yeah, you'd think those yogis could do more than stage magic tricks.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 04, 2019, 01:16:27 PM
Yeah, you'd think those yogis could do more than stage magic tricks.

They can, per physiological studies.  But anything that isn't an iPhone is magic.  Or is an iPhone quite magical?  I find it to be magical.  Any sufficiently advanced technical means of suicide is indistinguishable from magic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 04, 2019, 12:24:33 PM
"Real experience"? Right. I had a dream when I was a little boy of flying over the house and fields next to the house and over the AuSable river. Never flew before, even in a plane at the time yet the mind was able to generate real accurate views of everything from above looking down without ever actually flying. The mind is capable of producing any thing it wants. Whether we want it too or not. I know your in love and all breathless over your yoga-ish and Indian mysticism but.....meh.  When they start stopping floods or typhoons or even a runaway elephant call me.

That was a real experience.  But different from an awake experience of flying in a passenger airplane.  But you only accept what confirms your rationalization (same as all other people).  Arik has different experiences, is of a different culture.  Therefore just a colonial subject to the Progressive Empire (authoritarianism by the Middle Class).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on June 04, 2019, 09:35:47 AM

A hand?

That is a primitive way of doing.
If you will be alive maybe in 30-40 years time those machines will be controlled by the mind.

Biofeedback devices already exist.  But they aren't user friendly, same as speech-to-text ... you have to train the system to each particular user ... and that requires work, and the point of technology is to make us all gods who don't work for a living, while our android sex slaves toil away ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on June 04, 2019, 11:05:33 AM

The evidence has been presented to you several times.....................oh, yeah, is that so BL.........WHEN, WHEN BL? Please show that to me so I can believe that.

All Westerners have Rudyard Kipling syndrome.  You aren't a European intelligentsia ... so you need to be colonized for your own good.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 04, 2019, 12:06:25 PM
You are a good little theist, aren't you.  You live in a little world in which only beliefs exist.  Facts don't matter, so why even bother considering them.  And you don't.  You are a vapid little creature with no desire to think--that is way beyond what you are capable of, so why try????  As the typical little theist if you believe it it is so.  Typical.

There is a dialectic between imagination and experience.  Imagination itself being a part of experience.  Literalists don't believe in the imagination, except for video games where they can pretend to the omipotence of pagan gods.

Some things have to be believed, to be seen.  Some things have to be seen, to be believed.  But not all believed things are seen.  And not all seen things, are believed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on June 04, 2019, 02:11:25 PM
That was a real experience.

I think it would be characterized as a real dream, not a real experience. But them philosopher types like to insert qualifications into everything.

" was it a dream? the experience of the dream was real....ergo"....

oy
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Arik on June 04, 2019, 10:50:57 AM

If I wouldn't have seen with my eyes many years ago in Penang I wouldn't have believed that as soon as the hooks are removed the hole close by itself in seconds.
Did the wound actually close and heal, or did it seem to close with no apparent wound? Were you allowed to try to force apart the sides of the wound to make sure?

Apart from feeling no pain, no blood is shed and no scars will remain.

http://scribol.com/anthropology-and-history/cultures/ouch-extreme-body-piercing/

I am curious to know if any devotee has been hospitalized or seriously wounded due to this practice. Upon asking this I am answered with a very clear ‘no’. Devotees are able to obtain a trance-like state in which they feel no pain, not bleed from their wounds and leave no scars.

Yeah, and a hypodermic needle doesn't bleed nor leaves any scars either. Are they mystical? The way a wound is caused and the way it is handled has a great effect on whether it bleeds and whether or not it will heal up without scars. Certain wounds may even appear to be completely gone in seconds, because collagen is sticky, and as such long, shallow intrusions into the skin's outer layers tend to get pressed shut and seem to vanish.

I can speak from personal experience that you can be punctured in certain parts of your skin and not bleed much. Subcutaneous cuts and punctures particularly never did any more than ooze for me. Furthermore, it's not like none of these gurus or whatever they are have never done this before, and as such, have not worked out technique that allows them to poke themselves in such a way to cause themselves little to no bleeding, and have conditioned their skin and refined their technique such that the wound springs shut and leaves no apparent hole.

As to pain, you don't know that any of these gurus experienced no pain, rather than distancing themselves from that pain such that it doesn't affect their outward behavior. And of course, pain exists in the mind anyway, so even if they were able to poke themselves and feel no pain, it's not that remarkable. It does speak to the discipline and technique of these gurus to do such amazing feats, but again nothing outside the realm of physical possibility.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Unbeliever

When someone has dementia or Alzheimer's disease, do they have it because their consciousness has declined, or has their consciousness declined because they have dementia or Alzheimer's?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 04, 2019, 07:25:25 PM
When someone had dementia or Alzheimer's disease, do they have it because their consciousness has declined, or has their consciousness declined because they have dementia or Alzheimer's?

Doctors have lists of symptoms.  And sometimes the symptoms are unambiguous.  But even then, we have official diagnosis as to the cause of symptoms.  But that doesn't make it true, just current medical convention.  Like the story of cholesterol, we now know there are two kinds, one good and one bad.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 04, 2019, 12:06:25 PM
You are a good little theist, aren't you.  You live in a little world in which only beliefs exist.  Facts don't matter, so why even bother considering them.  And you don't.  You are a vapid little creature with no desire to think--that is way beyond what you are capable of, so why try????  As the typical little theist if you believe it it is so.  Typical.

You are mistaken once again my friend.

Yoga does give facts as you go along but physical science does only give today facts not what lies ahead.
What was good yesterday is not good anymore today and what is good today will be cast in the rubbish bin of history tomorrow and this is a fact MC that is why intelligent people should only take this material dimension as a temporary thing not as a permanent reality because within this dimension there is not a permanent reality.

Years ago didn't you cast in the rubbish bin your box monitor in order to get the new flat monitor that right now you are watching?
Eh, but wait a moment mate.
What about the new model that just came out?
Aren't you think about that?

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 04, 2019, 07:25:25 PM
When someone had dementia or Alzheimer's disease, do they have it because their consciousness has declined, or has their consciousness declined because they have dementia or Alzheimer's?

One or both options are possible.

When a vehicle (and the brain is a vehicle) doesn't perform well (for different reasons) also the driver which is stuck inside has to put up with a vehicle that doesn't go properly and also when the driver is not well his driving can not be proper so in both cases the situation is not the best but it is even worse when both vehicle and driver are in a bad situation.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on June 05, 2019, 12:23:12 AM

You are mistaken once again my friend.

Yoga does give facts as you go along but physical science does only give today facts not what lies ahead.
What was good yesterday is not good anymore today and what is good today will be cast in the rubbish bin of history tomorrow and this is a fact MC that is why intelligent people should only take this material dimension as a temporary thing not as a permanent reality because within this dimension there is not a permanent reality.

Years ago didn't you cast in the rubbish bin your box monitor in order to get the new flat monitor that right now you are watching?
Eh, but wait a moment mate.
What about the new model that just came out?
Aren't you think about that?

As usual--gibberish.  More than half the time I have to guess at what it is you are talking about.  Well, I used to have to guess--don't bother any more for you do just ramble on.  What is clear is that you haven't met a fact yet that you don't ignore.  Your life is just one airy-fairy idea after another--you life in your little fairyland world and believe it to be all there is.  A brain stunted, not nearly as conscious as he believes he is, idiot.  But that IS the universe of the theist--right Baruch?!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Arik

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2019, 08:51:19 AM
As usual--gibberish.  More than half the time I have to guess at what it is you are talking about.  Well, I used to have to guess--don't bother any more for you do just ramble on.  What is clear is that you haven't met a fact yet that you don't ignore.  Your life is just one airy-fairy idea after another--you life in your little fairyland world and believe it to be all there is.  A brain stunted, not nearly as conscious as he believes he is, idiot.  But that IS the universe of the theist--right Baruch?!

This is the real gibberish CL.

We live in a dimension that is moving and changing all the time and you talk of facts and reality.

Facts and reality are of permanent nature so obviously you can not have them in this material changing dimension.
Only dreamers think otherwise.