News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 26, 2019, 09:25:27 PM
I agree in the sense that morals are religious.  I care more about ethics, which are not.

Correct again.  But X-ethics is an oxymoron, like military justice.  Really just means fairness ... everyone starts with the same number of poker cards, from a random deck.  Then the merit system of play/bluff cuts in.  That only works in ... poker.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 26, 2019, 09:59:06 PM
Correct again.  But X-ethics is an oxymoron, like military justice.  Really just means fairness ... everyone starts with the same number of poker cards, from a random deck.  Then the merit system of play/bluff cuts in.  That only works in ... poker.

"X-ethics"?  Well, of course that makes no sense, since you just made up the term.  And "military justice" is real, being about having true peers judge their own. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 26, 2019, 10:39:53 PM
"X-ethics"?  Well, of course that makes no sense, since you just made up the term.  And "military justice" is real, being about having true peers judge their own.

Sorry, but I condemn ethics as virtue signaling hypocrisy.  I consider all human behavior to be risible hypocrisy.  Life isn't fair.  If you don't like it, contact someone from the Dr Kavorkian society.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 26, 2019, 06:34:46 PM
Here's a guy with a really hard head - but not quite hard enough! :-P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9uYttWZx4Q

That is very funny UB.
Unfortunately the guy didn't know that the strength must come from the mind not from the body or head.
He will learn eventually (one day).

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Baruch on May 26, 2019, 04:06:07 AM
A good summary of Yoga history ... aka the sum of Indian experience ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92J-JPChaeI

A lot of interesting things in that video however there is something very important missing and that is the fact that yoga must be dynamic in nature rather than rely on old ways of practicing.

Humans change all the time therefore what was correct hundreds or thousand years ago is not good anymore.
There got to be a sort of UP TO DATE system in place which only a guru can give.

Take acupuncture.
When it started maybe few thousand years ago the human nervous system was a bit different from what we have today so that system of acupuncture was quite efficient but today is less and less effective.
The mantra in yoga must also change because our glands have gone through some changes in the meantime and that is a point missing in that video.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on May 27, 2019, 10:35:31 AM

A lot of interesting things in that video however there is something very important missing and that is the fact that yoga must be dynamic in nature rather than rely on old ways of practicing.

Humans change all the time therefore what was correct hundreds or thousand years ago is not good anymore.
There got to be a sort of UP TO DATE system in place which only a guru can give.

Take acupuncture.
When it started maybe few thousand years ago the human nervous system was a bit different from what we have today so that system of acupuncture was quite efficient but today is less and less effective.
The mantra in yoga must also change because our glands have gone through some changes in the meantime and that is a point missing in that video.

What a crock of crap.  You have been full of shit from the moment you posted on this site and you remain one today.  You are consistent; idiot you are and idiot you shall remain.  You make pronouncements and expect us to take that for evidence of some kind; and really, it is evidence of a sort--the sort that proves you are simply a driveling idiot; and you are consistent in that.  At least you do serve a purpose--if I forget what a driveling idiot writes like, all I have to do is read any of your posts.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

first of all nitwit. The skull is NOT 1000 times weaker than a concrete block. Second you don 't present a single video of a real concrete block. You have videos of cheap cement slabs maybe 1-1/2" thick with little spacers between them. Anyone over the age of 5 can most likely break one of these. Also be smarter than wood okay.....they are not breaking a 1x12 length wise they are breaking a 1x12 width wise...for god sake boy I can drop a glass of water on a 1x12 and break it in half.  Are you stupid? Do you not understand the simplicity of wood grain or real concrete? Are you that fucking stupid?

For fuck sake moron I grew up in construction, I can break a 1" concrete slab just by sitting on it. Any normal sized human can break a 1x12 across the grain....god boy do you not understand simple physics? You are the most ignorant naive fuck ever, If Jim Jones was still alive you would think he was a god.

Post a video of a guy breaking a REAL concrete block with his head. Post a video of a person breaking a real piece of lumber against the grain...like a 1x4 that is merely 24" inches long against the grain. Good luck. Color me impressed with a real concrete block.

Not that it matters too much, materialism is far more successful and impressive to human development than your bullshit panty waist moronic piff. At least with materialism you have something tangible, real, beneficial, and monetary...all you have is you talking to a wall in grammies basement thinking you are doing to win a interview with some imaginary pussified puffcake that can't even guarantee an available burger at a McDonalds.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SoldierofFortune

Why there have to be one God? Maybe they are a council of Gods who created the earth and living creatures on it...

You have no knowledge; but you have ideas...on what you don't have knowledge...

I think the closest philosophy that supports the scientific thought is, materialism... And materialism is an atheistic philosophy...

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on May 27, 2019, 07:17:17 PM
Why there have to be one God? Maybe they are a council of Gods who created the earth and living creatures on it...

You have no knowledge; but you have ideas...on what you don't have knowledge...

I think the closest philosophy that supports the scientific thought is, materialism... And materialism is an atheistic philosophy...

The OT clearly indicates god(s) ... thus you are to selectively worship only one.  Later interpretation reduced the other gods to non-entities.  Then the NT messed things up again (Hellenistic Jews) ... with ambiguity regarding the relationship within what would later be called a "trinity".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: aitm on May 27, 2019, 06:18:44 PM
first of all nitwit. The skull is NOT 1000 times weaker than a concrete block. Second you don 't present a single video of a real concrete block. You have videos of cheap cement slabs maybe 1-1/2" thick with little spacers between them. Anyone over the age of 5 can most likely break one of these. Also be smarter than wood okay.....they are not breaking a 1x12 length wise they are breaking a 1x12 width wise...for god sake boy I can drop a glass of water on a 1x12 and break it in half.  Are you stupid? Do you not understand the simplicity of wood grain or real concrete? Are you that fucking stupid?

For fuck sake moron I grew up in construction, I can break a 1" concrete slab just by sitting on it. Any normal sized human can break a 1x12 across the grain....god boy do you not understand simple physics? You are the most ignorant naive fuck ever, If Jim Jones was still alive you would think he was a god.

Post a video of a guy breaking a REAL concrete block with his head. Post a video of a person breaking a real piece of lumber against the grain...like a 1x4 that is merely 24" inches long against the grain. Good luck. Color me impressed with a real concrete block.

Not that it matters too much, materialism is far more successful and impressive to human development than your bullshit panty waist moronic piff. At least with materialism you have something tangible, real, beneficial, and monetary...all you have is you talking to a wall in grammies basement thinking you are doing to win a interview with some imaginary pussified puffcake that can't even guarantee an available burger at a McDonalds.

I suppose that some materialists must be dreaming that when they die they may carry with them all their money and material things that they own now?

What a joke considering that you can only carry with you your consciousness as already proven by thousand of NDEs and if your consciousness is full of materialistic ideas then you are in a real mess but of course all this will turn into reality later on for people like you.

In the meantime you still haven't explained how is possible that after breaking dozen of thick concrete blocks the people do not show any sign of injury on their head.
And what about during the Indus festival where there is no sign of injury once the metal rods are taken away from their bodies.

I have seen that.
You on the contrary haven't so what are you babble about things that you do not know?

Baruch

They want to become disembodied AI software in a constantly upgraded computer
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

blah blah....
materialists must be dreaming   blah blah
if your consciousness is full of materialistic ideas   blah blah...er...what? LOLOLOL...blah blah

blah blah....steel rods...oh my...

meanwhile...still no real proof.  blah blah blah..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on May 27, 2019, 07:17:17 PM

Yeah, the world of science uses something called metodological naturalism, and, considering its success down through the centuries, I don't think the world of science is about to replace it with woo.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Arik on May 28, 2019, 05:37:54 AM

What a joke considering that you can only carry with you your consciousness as already proven by thousand of NDEs and if your consciousness is full of materialistic ideas then you are in a real mess but of course all this will turn into reality later on for people like you.

Have you ever noticed that there's an "N" in NDE? It stands for "near" and means that the person having the experience did not die,  but only nearly so. So NDE's prove nothing at all about any sort of life or conciousness after death.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 28, 2019, 01:31:42 PM
Have you ever noticed that there's an "N" in NDE? It stands for "near" and means that the person having the experience did not die,  but only nearly so. So NDE's prove nothing at all about any sort of life or conciousness after death.

This has already been pointed out to him, as well as the evidence that the brain is still very much active during NDE's. Some people just refuse to change their minds when the facts are presented to them.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--