News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on May 26, 2019, 10:16:28 AM
You might not suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome, but you have all the hallmarks of a moral relativist.

Moral nihilist.  A relativist would say ... what I like is more moral than what you like.  Please get it right ;-)  Cavebear is a relativist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Arik on May 26, 2019, 02:27:25 AM

How on earth can you say that?

Here I clearly show that materialism is a losing option and you say...........WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING..........Are you kidding me? 

Considering that the head is thousand times softer than bricks would come obvious to understand that the guy in question must have apply his mental power to break the bricks.

That clearly means that the mental power is stronger than the pysical-material power therefore materialists that only believe in physical-material power are losers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4TEmFqSxQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xKOwmuq-Vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFRHMt4GaTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHMoT3ogblo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QvyzTzuG5U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Arik

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 26, 2019, 05:28:02 AM
But it also resides in the rest of the body? I mean, plants don't have pineal glands. We've already established to dissagree if plants are conscious or not, but you believe they are, don't you?

As the consciousness in an entity get more advanced the need arise for a medium to host or accommodate such a consciousness so animals who have a spinal cord and humans need a place and the pineal gland is such a place.
A plant has got such a tiny consciousness that there is no need for her to create a medium capable to old her tiny consciousness which may reside anywhere in her body.
Awareness in consciousness goes in degree from no awareness in matter to tiny awareness in plants to more awareness in animals until the apex of total awareness is reached when humans merge in God and at that stage consciousness is everywhere so the pineal gland or a body is not needed anymore .

QuoteAlso, we've been using 'conscience' where I think we should have been using 'consciousness' for a while now.
Noticed it after Cavebear pointed out the 'Break' 'brake' thingamajig.

Conscience may feel you guilty or happy.
When I am awake I am conscious and my awareness come from my consciousness.
As you can see they may sound differently but at the end they are very very similar to each other.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on May 26, 2019, 10:26:01 AM
Moral nihilist.  A relativist would say ... what I like is more moral than what you like.  Please get it right ;-)  Cavebear is a relativist.
Why nihilist? You don't think there are any moral values?

I don't know what label I qualify for, but I do believe there are moral values; just not any absolute ones. Does that make me a relativist? IDK. I like Sam Harris' explanation of moral values as a landscape. At the bottoms is suffering and the various peaks are wellbeing and happiness. Then you can talk about the extremes of the values in the landscape, and how many dimensions there are.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on May 26, 2019, 01:04:41 PM
Why nihilist? You don't think there are any moral values?

I don't know what label I qualify for, but I do believe there are moral values; just not any absolute ones. Does that make me a relativist? IDK. I like Sam Harris' explanation of moral values as a landscape. At the bottoms is suffering and the various peaks are wellbeing and happiness. Then you can talk about the extremes of the values in the landscape, and how many dimensions there are.

There are no genuine moral values, among humans.  Not what I want, this is an empirical observation.  People are not bat shit crazy just to be bat shit crazy.  But are situational crazy.  And in the moment, their Id (Forbidden Planet) kicks in with irrational survival of the meanest, like the Bill Murray speech to the NYC mayor in the first Ghostbusters movie.  When people are only potential not actual, they talk shop.  And after the zombie cannibalism is over, then they rationalize.  Just the way we are.

Sam Harris is Buddhist, very beta male.  In a bar fight, he would be the first one killed and eaten (along with any other cucked pacifists).  Lord of the Flies is very real, the Donner Party is very real ... but the blinders don't come off very often.  Every person, as victim, is a child subject to immediate extermination at Auschwitz.  Every person, as a perp, is a Auschwitz camp guard, a baby Hitler.  Every person will sell out their own mother under the right circumstances, am I right Winston Smith?  The rats are hungry for your face!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 26, 2019, 01:11:19 AM
Oh. I thought you meant actual bricks, like the kind used for building houses. Instead, it's these thin plates specifically made for breaking. That was a lot less impressive than you made it out to be. Yeah, I'm sure his forehead hurt like hell afterwards, but it's nothing someone with enough determination and masochism couldn't accomplish. This is sad. Next you're going to be referencing the people who punch themselves in the balls as proof of "mental power."

Edit: Not to mention, this is a karate master. You know. A person who trains their physical body, and learns how to use it most efficiently to maximize damage and minimize self-injury. Not a yoga instructor, who spends all day meditating. You'd think the latter would have an easier time doing this, if it were really this brain magic that made it possible.

And bricks, as we know, don't hit back.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 26, 2019, 05:18:11 PM
And bricks, as we know, don't hit back.

What, randomly arranged bricks aren't sentient?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Not according to Bolo Yeung.
God Not Found

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on May 26, 2019, 02:19:03 PM
There are no genuine moral values, among humans.  Not what I want, this is an empirical observation.  People are not bat shit crazy just to be bat shit crazy.  But are situational crazy.  And in the moment, their Id (Forbidden Planet) kicks in with irrational survival of the meanest, like the Bill Murray speech to the NYC mayor in the first Ghostbusters movie.  When people are only potential not actual, they talk shop.  And after the zombie cannibalism is over, then they rationalize.  Just the way we are.
They're not exactly abstract like math or anything. They're tied to humans, obviously. There wouldn't be any ethics without humans to propagate them.

We have morals, because of social cohesion - if you take that away, of course we're gonna act like asocial animals where physical strength and survival ability kicks in. But lest you didn't last notice, we live in a civilization, where we suppress our animalistic instincts to be able to live with each other; I'm sure you already know this.

Quote from: Baruch on May 26, 2019, 02:19:03 PM
Sam Harris is Buddhist, very beta male.  In a bar fight, he would be the first one killed and eaten (along with any other cucked pacifists).  Lord of the Flies is very real, the Donner Party is very real ... but the blinders don't come off very often.  Every person, as victim, is a child subject to immediate extermination at Auschwitz.  Every person, as a perp, is a Auschwitz camp guard, a baby Hitler.  Every person will sell out their own mother under the right circumstances, am I right Winston Smith?  The rats are hungry for your face!
Yet even animals, social animals for the most part, display moral behavior such as compassion and empathy. It is only when kicked out of fucking society (for humans) and under tough pressure that the basest of behavior becomes evident. Is this any surprise? It's like asking what happens if you take away air, and somehow expect everyone still be able to breathe.

Baruch

Optimist! ;-)  A well fed tiger, isn't dangerous.  A starving tiger, is dangerous.  What does that show you about tigers?  Depends on context.

We don't have a common community, we have war of everyone against everyone else ... we are even trying to progressively eliminate marriage and the family.  Collectivism is tribalism, is nationalism ... that is bad?  We are 7 billion individuals, being divided and ruled by George Soros etc. while being collectively monitored via the new Big Brother.  But if collectivism is wrong, then the UN, the EU etc are wrong also.  You won't end war by ending nations and tribes.  Collectivism has real problems, so does individualism.  I would never turn my back on the most dangerous animal in this solar system ... and they are not the Kzinti ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

They're not mutually exclusive. You can still retain your individualism while still live collectively. It's only when you're ideologically possessed that collectivism becomes a problem.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on May 26, 2019, 06:10:13 PM
They're not mutually exclusive. You can still retain your individualism while still live collectively. It's only when you're ideologically possessed that collectivism becomes a problem.

People are possessed by Satan ... really repossessed, because of unplayable debt ;-(  Mutual exclusion (false view) is the modus operandi for ideology.

I like Groucho Marx ... that any group that would have me as  a member, I don't want to be a member.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Here's a guy with a really hard head - but not quite hard enough! :-P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9uYttWZx4Q
God Not Found

Baruch

This is why I never took "Use your head" literally ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 26, 2019, 10:12:03 AM
There is no such thing as morality.

I agree in the sense that morals are religious.  I care more about ethics, which are not.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!