News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arik

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 26, 2019, 02:49:04 AM
If brains are not the source of conscience, why does even the head bit matter? People brake these with their hands too, don't they? And with al matter of objects.

Surely the brain is not the source of the conscience but because the consciousness reside in the brain and more exactly in the pineal gland the two in a way become one.
A bit like when you travel in your vehicle so you and the vehicle become one that is why everything matter.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on May 25, 2019, 10:18:28 AM

Good point.

A lot of people ignore that the seeds originate from the same tree of life.

A good summary of Yoga history ... aka the sum of Indian experience ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92J-JPChaeI
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Arik on May 26, 2019, 03:10:46 AM

You are 100% correct.
Thanks for telling us.

The correction was needed.  I was laughing too loud at home about "brakes".

But that makes me wonder.  If the spelling was a non-English-first-language thing, I do apologize.  It wasn't meant as an insult.  I made an assumption that may have been wrong.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 26, 2019, 04:06:52 AM
The correction was needed.  I was laughing too loud at home about "brakes".

But that makes me wonder.  If the spelling was a non-English-first-language thing, I do apologize.  It wasn't meant as an insult.  I made an assumption that may have been wrong.

Not just that, but American spelling isn't the only English ... the English spell differently, and that Indian English is different yet.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 26, 2019, 04:09:01 AM
Not just that, but American spelling isn't the only English ... the English spell differently, and that Indian English is different yet.

Do you confuse "breaks" with "brakes?  Just asking.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 26, 2019, 04:12:10 AM
Do you confuse "breaks" with "brakes?  Just asking.

Are you Funk, or Wagnal?  Who made you the grammar Nazi?  There is more than one spelling of words, in World English.  This was potentially the case.  Or a simple error.  Either way, you show what a demi-god you are ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Arik on May 26, 2019, 03:19:52 AM

Surely the brain is not the source of the conscience but because the consciousness reside in the brain and more exactly in the pineal gland the two in a way become one.
A bit like when you travel in your vehicle so you and the vehicle become one that is why everything matter.

But it also resides in the rest of the body? I mean, plants don't have pineal glands. We've already established to dissagree if plants are conscious or not, but you believe they are, don't you?

Also, we've been using 'conscience' where I think we should have been using 'consciousness' for a while now.
Noticed it after Cavebear pointed out the 'Break' 'brake' thingamajig.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 26, 2019, 05:28:02 AM
But it also resides in the rest of the body? I mean, plants don't have pineal glands. We've already established to dissagree if plants are conscious or not, but you believe they are, don't you?

Also, we've been using 'conscience' where I think we should have been using 'consciousness' for a while now.
Noticed it after Cavebear pointed out the 'Break' 'brake' thingamajig.

Conciousness is tricky.  Plants react to insect attacks, and seem to warn other plants.  But in the human sense, no, plants are not concious. as we understand it.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Cavebear on May 26, 2019, 06:01:52 AM
Conciousness is tricky.  Plants react to insect attacks, and seem to warn other plants.  But in the human sense, no, plants are not concious. as we understand it.

I agree, it's what I also told rikki. Plant perception is a thing, but it is not actual consciousness as we say in day to day meaning.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 26, 2019, 06:19:59 AM
I agree, it's what I also told rikki. Plant perception is a thing, but it is not actual consciousness as we say in day to day meaning.

Yes.  And I do try to distinguish between plant and animal conciousness.  But the more I read about plant studies, the more I wonder.  I suspect it is all just a matter of degree.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 26, 2019, 06:19:59 AM

I could claim the same for most voters ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 26, 2019, 07:11:18 AM
I could claim the same for most voters ;-)

Coming from a Trump supporter, that is quite an emission...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 26, 2019, 07:36:20 AM
Coming from a Trump supporter, that is quite an emission...

Not a Trump supporter.  Just not an Orange Man Bad psychopath.  There is no such thing as morality.  Therefore all politicians are equally innocent/guilty.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on May 26, 2019, 10:12:03 AM
Not a Trump supporter.  Just not an Orange Man Bad psychopath.  There is no such thing as morality.  Therefore all politicians are equally innocent/guilty.
You might not suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome, but you have all the hallmarks of a moral relativist.