News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

View the Supermoon

Started by Smartmarzipan, June 22, 2013, 08:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Revelations always makes me wonder about precious numbers.  I think it was 7 dragons, each with 7 heads, each with 7 tongues of flame, or something like that.  Why does Alcoholics Anonymous have 12 steps?  Three of the steps so naturally follow, that it seems like they were obviously broken into segments to make the total number of steps come out to 12.  AA members would argue that they are separate steps, but I don't want to open that debate here, nor am I that interested anyway.  In addition, AA has something called it's Twelve Traditions, wherein they sing the praises on which AA was founded.  It's a good thing there aren't 13.  That would clearly be unlucky.

Why are all the airplanes Boeing makes called the 7 something 7?

People just like to assign special meaning to numbers.  It's kind of enchanting or something.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "SGOS"Revelations always makes me wonder about precious numbers.  I think it was 7 dragons, each with 7 heads, each with 7 tongues of flame, or something like that.  Why does Alcoholics Anonymous have 12 steps?  Three of the steps so naturally follow, that it seems like they were obviously broken into segments to make the total number of steps come out to 12.  AA members would argue that they are separate steps, but I don't want to open that debate here, nor am I that interested anyway.  In addition, AA has something called it's Twelve Traditions, wherein they sing the praises on which AA was founded.  It's a good thing there aren't 13.  That would clearly be unlucky.

Why are all the airplanes Boeing makes called the 7 something 7?

People just like to assign special meaning to numbers. It's kind of enchanting or something.

Yep- like "three" or "Thirteen".............. Ooooooooooooooooo   booga booga
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.