News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Will Heaven last forever?

Started by Unbeliever, March 07, 2019, 08:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

From 250 BCE, Indian influence extended as far West as Athens and Alexandria ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxJk4KHZxi8

Greek culture was decisive in the further development of Buddhist culture.

One theory of Jesus, is that he was a Jewish Buddhist monk, who retired to Kashmir.  His tomb can be seen there (as Isa) even today.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jonathan

Heaven will pass away, but God is going to create a new heaven and a new earth. The reason is because sin has tainted this creation, but when God creates the new heaven and earth, it will be sinless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Cl

Quote from: Jonathan on April 02, 2019, 10:57:52 PM
Heaven will pass away, but God is going to create a new heaven and a new earth. The reason is because sin has tainted this creation, but when God creates the new heaven and earth, it will be sinless.

Really?  His track record is not good--it is piss poor, actually.  He has not created anything or anyone yet that is perfect.  Or sinless as you put it.  In fact he created all the sin that is and he created everything--right??  Your fictional god has screwed up from the start--but since he is fictional, I guess you can write this story anyway you want.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Jonathan

It’s not Gods fault that Satan rebelled and that man sinned.

Baruch

Quote from: Jonathan on April 02, 2019, 11:32:00 PM

Nope, man's fault  We are Satan, humans being dirty Earth angels.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jonathan

We are Satan like in that we took on his nature. That’s why Christ came, to deliver us from sin and our adamic, sinful nature.

Mike Cl

Yeah, it is.  God created satan and mankind.  He created everything else.  So, if god is perfect then satan was perfect.  If satan was not perfect it is because god wanted it that way---at least to theists.  Of course, since your god (and all others) are fiction, one can write whatever they wish about their god.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Then how do you explain Isaiah 45:7?

QuoteI form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Doesn't sound to me like it's Satan's fault that evil exists.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 03, 2019, 09:16:26 AM
Yeah, it is.  God created satan and mankind.  He created everything else.  So, if god is perfect then satan was perfect.  If satan was not perfect it is because god wanted it that way---at least to theists.  Of course, since your god (and all others) are fiction, one can write whatever they wish about their god.

Exactly ... Satan is perfect ... but both atheists and theists just can't get-with the program.  Two left feet at a jitterbug contest.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jonathan

Eze 28:14  Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Eze 28:15  Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
God created Satan perfect, but He was the originator of rebellion and God cast him out of Heaven.

Minimalist

Um, you do understand that the bible is a preposterous pile of shit, right?

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on April 04, 2019, 01:54:54 AM
Um, you do understand that the bible is a preposterous pile of shit, right?

Um, you do understand that Avengers: Infinity War is a preposterous pile of shit, right?

Do people use Avengers movie for legislation?  SJWs will.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Jonathan on April 03, 2019, 11:56:06 PM
Eze 28:14  Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Eze 28:15  Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
God created Satan perfect, but He was the originator of rebellion and God cast him out of Heaven.

Your god is like trump.  Trump proclaims all kinds of things, extols himself as the best of everything; yet on a daily, if not hourly, basis, proves himself wrong in his boasting.  Perfect is perfect--there cannot be imperfection in a perfect thing; it is either perfect or not perfect.  I understand your perfect, fictional, god to be not that--perfect.  He created all; Earth, humans, angels, satan, the bible, nature, etc--until iniquity showed up--and it did in everything that god created.  He fucked up creating humans, eden, his angels, nature, and all else.  He has demonstrated time and again that he is not perfect--yet you and your type are so blind that you don't see it and believe those who tell you god is perfect.  And even when it is evident what the imperfections were/are, he fucked up the fix.  How many times has he destroyed mankind?  And all because he is so inept he cannot get it right no matter how many tries he has.   

Minimalist

There's no heaven or hell or satan or sin or anything else.  These are control mechanisms meant to keep the dolts in line.

One does have to admit that it has been a successful scam for a very long time.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on April 04, 2019, 11:57:13 AM
There's no heaven or hell or satan or sin or anything else.  These are control mechanisms meant to keep the dolts in line.

One does have to admit that it has been a successful scam for a very long time.

We are all dolts ... except moi' ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.