News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 05, 2019, 10:21:12 PM
Chili dogs are a popular food in Sonic's part of the world and one of the few food items still served in Robotropolis (why?)

It's unclear exactly how chili dogs are prepared in Sonic's universe, but I would assume - and fervently hope - that they're vegan.  I tend to assume the same of MLP foodstuffs, which include cake (contains eggs) and gelatin (contains...)

Sonic would probably take offense at the suggestion he is a vegetarian. lol. He's way too cool for tofu.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 05, 2019, 10:21:12 PM
Chili dogs are a popular food in Sonic's part of the world and one of the few food items still served in Robotropolis (why?)

It's unclear exactly how chili dogs are prepared in Sonic's universe, but I would assume - and fervently hope - that they're vegan.  I tend to assume the same of MLP foodstuffs, which include cake (contains eggs) and gelatin (contains...)

Every time you see pinky pie using jelly in her dessert's, it now paints a dark side to mlp not talked about.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 07, 2019, 06:46:22 AM
It all comes down to super-ab guys in speedos with you, LOL!

Does it? Think your overselling me there

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on March 07, 2019, 11:41:23 AM
Does it? Think your overselling me there
Well, I thought you told me once (when I mentioned a super-ab avatar,) that I was UNDER-estimating your "interests".  OK either way.  And I do note your newest avatar is more "sedate".  Don't take that as a request to go all Norse godlike again... 

Be Happy...

Baruch

His new avatar looks like Scrooge doing Karaoke ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 07, 2019, 12:56:06 PM
His new avatar looks like Scrooge doing Karaoke ;-)

Giapetto/Barnum in Wonderland maybe?  Oh darn, I wish I hadn't said that.  Now we'll get "Thor Is Born From The Mind Of Odin" back again...

Baruch

What a true INCEL story.  Don't do that at home kiddies!  You life is supposed to suck.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

RuneScape is from 2001, it has gone through so many updates and outright changes that it is far from what is described in the YT video. There has been released a 2007 version, called Old School RuneScape - and it is far more popular than its current iteration (also called RuneScape 3). 3 to 5 times the players play OSRS than RS3 at any given time.

The success of OSRS has made other companies look for classic iterations of their old MMOs, such as Classic World of Warcraft.

OSRS is very much the gungho of MMOs, where players aren't hand-held through their gaming experience, but used to have very unforgiving deaths. Now they've changed the death mechanic to lasting a whole hour before disappearing (outside the Wilderness) 3 the most valuable items plus any untradables, which is plenty of time to retrieve your dropped items that you were carrying on your character, whereas it used to be visible to anyone immediately upon dying and unless picked up by someone else, would disappear after 5 minutes.

The PvP area, known as the Wilderness (or just 'the Wildy'), these death mechanics are not in effect. If you attack another player you become "skulled", meaning if you should die, you lose everything you're carrying (except for 1 item, if you use the item protect prayer), otherwise it's 3 items (4 if you use item protect prayer). The point is  that unforgiving PvP elements in the game is what made the game so great to begin with which has be revitalized with OSRS.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on March 07, 2019, 06:46:22 AM
It all comes down to super-ab guys in speedos with you, LOL!
It's not that simple.  There's definitely a subplot about their asses.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 08, 2019, 11:07:31 AM
RuneScape is from 2001, it has gone through so many updates and outright changes that it is far from what is described in the YT video. There has been released a 2007 version, called Old School RuneScape - and it is far more popular than its current iteration (also called RuneScape 3). 3 to 5 times the players play OSRS than RS3 at any given time.

The success of OSRS has made other companies look for classic iterations of their old MMOs, such as Classic World of Warcraft.

OSRS is very much the gungho of MMOs, where players aren't hand-held through their gaming experience, but used to have very unforgiving deaths. Now they've changed the death mechanic to lasting a whole hour before disappearing (outside the Wilderness) 3 the most valuable items plus any untradables, which is plenty of time to retrieve your dropped items that you were carrying on your character, whereas it used to be visible to anyone immediately upon dying and unless picked up by someone else, would disappear after 5 minutes.

The PvP area, known as the Wilderness (or just 'the Wildy'), these death mechanics are not in effect. If you attack another player you become "skulled", meaning if you should die, you lose everything you're carrying (except for 1 item, if you use the item protect prayer), otherwise it's 3 items (4 if you use item protect prayer). The point is  that unforgiving PvP elements in the game is what made the game so great to begin with which has be revitalized with OSRS.

All that being said I think You can also credit Everquest through daybreak with a bunch of highly successful classic and progression servers with bringing back the classic feel. Older games that came out  before p2w and easy mode are simply better games
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Ok guys, you can't all be doing the same thing, some of you are going to actually have to come out with non-battle royale games in the next few years.

Raise your hand if you'd be game for that.

Bioware, lower your hand.
Bethesda, you know what you did.  Forshame.
Blizzard, I'll let you know when I need a mobile game.
EA, really??  *laughs*  You flunked out a year ago.  Get out of this class.
Okay, eenie meanie miney...CD Projekt Red.  The future of gaming is in your hands.

Munch

Brought a nintendo ds on for £22 on ebay, and henry hatsworth for it for some fun.
Feels weird using a system made over a decade ago thats not getting any new games on, but same time feels nice having a handheld again after stopped playing with the psp