Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

_Xenu_

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on December 20, 2016, 09:33:30 PM
Eh, I don't really think it counts if it's multiple-choice.
I don't see why not. That lets us add Mass Effect and Life is Strange to the list.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 25, 2016, 12:02:19 PM
Some evil men take extreme pleasure in driving innocent women slightly insane by making them play puzzle games.  :yell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0jOaERfJfI

SURPRISE, PUZZLES, NYEH HEH HEH!
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

The Skeletal Atheist

Skyrim, Dark Brotherhood quest line. I was assigned to kill a guy in Whiterun. Shot him with one arrow from a hidden spot. He started running because, well, he was shot. The guards fucking murdered him....wut?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Mike Cl

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on December 26, 2016, 09:40:03 PM
Skyrim, Dark Brotherhood quest line. I was assigned to kill a guy in Whiterun. Shot him with one arrow from a hidden spot. He started running because, well, he was shot. The guards fucking murdered him....wut?
That was the hunter (brother to the guy that runs the inn across from the smithy) who has a stand in the market place--according to the guard that was shot in the knee, he was selling tainted meat in his stand.  Can't have that in Whiterun!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 26, 2016, 09:57:39 PM
That was the hunter (brother to the guy that runs the inn across from the smithy) who has a stand in the market place--according to the guard that was shot in the knee, he was selling tainted meat in his stand.  Can't have that in Whiterun!
Didn't wanna spoil it, but spot on.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Shiranu

@Kilo's picture...

As a recovering Civ addict I approve this.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Blackleaf

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on December 26, 2016, 09:40:03 PM

"Oh my gods! Someone killed Hadvar! About time..."

"He's getting up."

"No he's not!" *CHOP*
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

Just finished THE LAST OF US, and was tied to my chair for 3 or 4 days.  It's got zombies.  God, I hate getting bit in the neck by those filthy things.  Sometimes there would be 3 or 4 of them mobbing me, and suddenly I would realize I'm going to die.  What a sickening feeling.  It's bit hard.  I got frustrated, angry, and wanted to throw things.  Overall, it's a satisfying experience!  Better than average story that was actually kind of interesting in and of itself.  I haven't played the PS4, but I think the graphics here might edge out most other PS3 games I've played.  Graphics have sure improved in the last 20 years.  Remember when Characters had only one set of hands?  Pointing, giving money to a mobster, holding a gun, or scratching a chin, the same hand for all of them.  Kind of a utilitarian hand designed to do all things, but not all that convincing.

I paid $15 at Amazon.  I can go see a movie for that price, but it will only keep me occupied for 2 hours.  This game probably took 20 hours and I could interact with it, rather than just sit and watch.  I had to use a walk through 5 or 6 times.  Some of the situations seemed impossible without it.

Sorginak

I have been addicted to Neverwinter lately.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Sorginak on December 29, 2016, 08:42:00 PM
I have been addicted to Neverwinter lately.
Sunk a hundred hours or so into the first one, and remembered enjoying it.  But I have not been able to get into any of the other editions.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Bought Crusader Kings II on sale... now watching hours upon hours of tutorials so I can actually play it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Played some Endless Space 2.  In my first couple of turns, I discovered Tor.  Suck it, Pilgrims!  :P

This game has the most beautiful interface I've ever seen in a game.  The artwork and music is phenomenal, too.  The music is almost a little too good.  My scout found the Cravers and their militaristic intro music started playing over the otherwise serene soundtrack.  It kinda freaked me out, which I'd imagine is a typical reaction to them.

Almost everything I disliked about Endless Space 1 has been fixed.  The mechanics are bit more transparent and the gameplay is a bit less frustrating.  Managing planets is much easier and requires less micromanagement.

The research tree actually makes sense now.  And it looks suspiciously similar to the research tree in Endless Legend...

[spoiler]Endless Space 2:

VS

Endless Space 1:

What a difference![/spoiler]

Space battles are now pretty much just cinematic movies.  I still say it could use some formations (line, X, claw, sphere etc) or tactical abilities, but it beats the rock-paper-scissors stuff from Endless Space 1.

Invasions have been revamped.  Thank the Endless, you no longer need dedicated siege fleets anymore.  The downside:  rock-paper-scissors stuff.  I still haven't the foggiest which option is better than any other.  Oh well, the holographic battles are pretty at least.  Invasions went from a chore to a halfway enjoyable experience.  Hopefully, they'll keep on improving.

What I like best is that now there are political parties and elections.  Let's say you build a lot of industrial buildings.  The Industrialists have control of the Senate and you can enact pro-industry policies.  Later on in the game, you go on the warpath.  Militarists take over the Senate and abolish your pro-industry policies.  In their place, you can enact pro-military policies, like a policy that automatically gives you a small amount of resources for each destroyed enemy ship.

The game is a little light on factions at the moment (5 compared to the previous 12), but it should be up to 8 later on.  And there are some bugs, especially with the new quest system.

From what I've seen so far, this looks like a game I'd happily recommend the instant it comes out of early access.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Shiranu on December 29, 2016, 09:34:23 PM
Bought Crusader Kings II on sale... now watching hours upon hours of tutorials so I can actually play it.
Start as an Irish count or duke in 1066. If you have the Sunset Invasion DLC, make sure that's turned off. Keep replaying the game until you figure out how to take over Ireland. By the time you've finished doing this, you'll at least know the basics.

Oh by the way, don't try any of the "suggested characters" until you're fairly decent at the game. They're suggested because they're interesting, not because they're easy.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel