Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 25, 2016, 09:34:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYg1N1h1i4M

I like how they Jerry-proofed the dialogue options.

Question: Can one kill that Meeseeks guy? Because, he seems to be annoying. Perhaps an entire horde of that guy storming Dragon's Reach. Yes. Do that. Then cast one of those mod spells that kills everyone in the load location with a giant fire ball.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Cavebear

You need to find the "Sword Of Damocles"...  It is in a statue.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hydra009

Quote from: kilodelta on October 26, 2016, 01:40:29 PMQuestion: Can one kill that Meeseeks guy? Because, he seems to be annoying. Perhaps an entire horde of that guy storming Dragon's Reach. Yes. Do that. Then cast one of those mod spells that kills everyone in the load location with a giant fire ball.
You don't need to personally kill them.  As soon as Mr Meeseeks completes his task, he poofs out of existence.  Don't worry, he's fine with it.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StCXrBMl648

Let none doubt that the Tau Empire will bring unity to all â€" let none doubt that now is our time. Forward, for the Greater Good!

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on October 22, 2016, 11:15:56 PM
In the dedicated player rooms, you get dealt nations randomly in most games (it is really hard to get a "choose territories game") so you go with what you get.  And if the best players aren't strong in NA, that's the chance to take it over.  So, if it is a possibility, you go for it.

Which is not to say that some players aren't good at winning from AU.  But the players near them have to be a bit dim to let them hunker down there and just accumulate units.  It does happen, LOL!
It's been a while since I've last played Risk, but as I recall, being dealt your countries is canonical and choosing is optional.

Although it might be the other way around.  It really has been a long time since I've played.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

One type of Risk game allows you to choose nations in turn, another deals the nations out randomly.  I prefer the one that allows choice, most don't.  It is decided at the start.

The difference is that some players want a quick game based on early luck of cards and nations.  They get good nations, they play; bad luck, they leave fast.  I like a more thoughtful and longer game. 

Hijiri Byakuren

Anyone else play Endless Sky? I've been having a blast since I discovered it.

Equal opportunity butt-stabber.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

I'm really excited about Tyranny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg0WsR3EnGg

It's an isometric RPG similar in Pillars of Eternity and Neverwinter Nights.  It has a phenomenal aesthetic (artwork/presentation scheme that gives off a unique feel), great story, and ability to be a villainous protagonist rather than the standard lawful good hero.  And it's consistently getting good reviews (82 on metacritic), which is a very promising sign.

From what I've read so far, the worst criticisms are that the combat can be dull, lack of freeform exploration, graphics/sound glitches, and that the campaign is too short for some people.  I've enjoyed worse.

I'm planning on giving it a shot when I get the chance.  Maybe I'll scratch that Neverwinter Nights itch.

Munch

Might seem awfully nerdy to say this, but something I was thinking of, just how much I freaking love Undertale.

I've not felt a love for the entire cast of characters in one product since the x-men animated series. Maybe its the simple design of the game giving more weight to how we get to think of these characters, Sans, Papyrus, Alphys, Undine, Toriel, Asgore, Mettaton, Muffet, even Flowey/Asriel, plus all the minor characters. I just find myself really loving looking into fan works of these characters, artwork, reworked scores for their music, even fan made games like underfell, an unofficial sequal. I've even been buying fan made merchandise of it.

I don't even feel this kind of love for a game in ones I've played a hell of a lot, like world of warcraft, or the final fantasy series, or the metal gear series (until konami butchered it). Just feels nice, having something I enjoyed from beginning to end, where all the characters felt memorable, and I even now have remixes of the games music on my phone I listen to when walking to work each day.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Sins of a Solar Empire got a major (and probably last patch)

I love the game but one thing I hate about it was the FPS drops dramatically on large maps with lots of players.  And this happens even with hardware that definitely should be able to handle it.  The latest patch fixed most of those performance issues.

Also, it finally nerfed an incredibly unbalanced faction.  Basically, they had research that made all the neutral units stop fighting them and aid them against their enemies.  It's like fighting a war and then suddenly all the civilians and mercs everywhere are on your side and start stabbing enemy troops in their sleep and blowing up enemy depots.  With all that support, victory was virtually guaranteed.  But those days are over, thank goodness.

The only downside now is that pirates are even more powerful than ever before.  As the name suggests, they launch periodic raids on a player.  Before, they used to be a nuisance.  Then, about a year ago, they opened up their own proctology clinic with you as their sole customer.  Now they give free mandatory prostate exams and they use both hands.  Often, they defeat the enemy before I've even laid a hand on them.  I have to crank up the difficulty to high just to get AI opponents capable of surviving long enough to face me.  It's brutal.

Oh, and my favorite mod (Maestrom) has a grand total of 7 factions, each with 2 subfactions, so 14 factions total.  A lot of content to explore.  Every game I've played so far has been like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XoDq5iFQqw

"I've never seen that before!  RUN!"

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 26, 2016, 11:33:54 PM
Sins of a Solar Empire got a major (and probably last patch)

I love the game but one thing I hate about it was the FPS drops dramatically on large maps with lots of players.  And this happens even with hardware that definitely should be able to handle it.  The latest patch fixed most of those performance issues.

Also, it finally nerfed an incredibly unbalanced faction.  Basically, they had research that made all the neutral units stop fighting them and aid them against their enemies.  It's like fighting a war and then suddenly all the civilians and mercs everywhere are on your side and start stabbing enemy troops in their sleep and blowing up enemy depots.  With all that support, victory was virtually guaranteed.  But those days are over, thank goodness.

The only downside now is that pirates are even more powerful than ever before.  As the name suggests, they launch periodic raids on a player.  Before, they used to be a nuisance.  Then, about a year ago, they opened up their own proctology clinic with you as their sole customer.  Now they give free mandatory prostate exams and they use both hands.  Often, they defeat the enemy before I've even laid a hand on them.  I have to crank up the difficulty to high just to get AI opponents capable of surviving long enough to face me.  It's brutal.

Oh, and my favorite mod (Maestrom) has a grand total of 7 factions, each with 2 subfactions, so 14 factions total.  A lot of content to explore.  Every game I've played so far has been like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XoDq5iFQqw

"I've never seen that before!  RUN!"

I DO enjoy Rick and Morty.  I wish Rick would drool less though.

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 28, 2016, 12:58:13 AM
I DO enjoy Rick and Morty.  I wish Rick would drool less though.

I think that's just to show the fact he's kind of insane.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on November 28, 2016, 05:10:20 AM
I think that's just to show the fact he's kind of insane.
and drunk

PickelledEggs

So, if I was to start playing WoW again, what race should I play. I haven't played in a LOOOONG time and am feeling the itch again

Nonsensei

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 28, 2016, 05:19:16 PM
So, if I was to start playing WoW again, what race should I play. I haven't played in a LOOOONG time and am feeling the itch again

Don't do it.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on