News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

Make the Grey Knights a different color... Bronze Knights? Pink Knights? Or leave them unpainted and explain that the grey paint just makes them look unpainted. In any case, cause sticklers for lore colors to bleed out of their eyeballs.

My goblins of the Yellow Shoe Archer Brigade (YSAB) would kill many of the hardcore gamers by looks alone. So many yellow shoes...
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

PickelledEggs

Quote from: kilodelta on April 20, 2016, 08:37:16 PM
Make the Grey Knights a different color... Bronze Knights? Pink Knights? Or leave them unpainted and explain that the grey paint just makes them look unpainted. In any case, cause sticklers for lore colors to bleed out of their eyeballs.

My goblins of the Yellow Shoe Archer Brigade (YSAB) would kill many of the hardcore gamers by looks alone. So many yellow shoes...
Yeah. I was going to repaint all my SM black with some red trim. Not doing the OEM colors lol

kilodelta

Perhaps a red hourglass of the black widow here and there?
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Shiranu

Playing the new remaster of Ratchet and Clank. It's nice.

I have accepted Dark Soul 3 into my rectum. That is all.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

_Xenu_

I still keep getting killed by the dragon you meet five minutes into Dark Souls 1.

Has anyone played Michonne: The Walking Dead? Its a mini adventure from Telltale and quite good so far. Really captures the excitement of the first season of the game.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

Rocket League.  Great fun with a small time commitment.  It's so simple but surprisingly complicated!

For those of you who don't know about it, you play soccer with cars.  But you can also do all these fancy tricks - climb the walls with the ball, double-jump into the air and use the boost as a thruster, etc.  Lots of positioning and timing factors to consider.  And there's even basketball and hockey modes!

My only real gripe is that multiplayer matches are usually pretty low on sportsmanship.  If you're winning, even by a point, the other team quits on the spot.  But if you're losing, even by a point, it's because you suck donkey balls.  Sorry, XxxVegeta420xxX, I'm getting reamed by the Messi and Ronaldo tag-team over here.  I just got this game last week and I'm okay at it, but I'm definitely not the best.  At least I see it through to the end even if I am losing instead of endlessly ragequiting until I'm hotseated into a match where I'm already up 7 to 1.  Clearly, I'm not doing this the right way.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 28, 2016, 01:39:27 AM
Rocket League.  Great fun with a small time commitment.  It's so simple but surprisingly complicated!

For those of you who don't know about it, you play soccer with cars.  But you can also do all these fancy tricks - climb the walls with the ball, double-jump into the air and use the boost as a thruster, etc.  Lots of positioning and timing factors to consider.  And there's even basketball and hockey modes!

My only real gripe is that multiplayer matches are usually pretty low on sportsmanship.  If you're winning, even by a point, the other team quits on the spot.  But if you're losing, even by a point, it's because you suck donkey balls.  Sorry, XxxVegeta420xxX, I'm getting reamed by the Messi and Ronaldo tag-team over here.  I just got this game last week and I'm okay at it, but I'm definitely not the best.  At least I see it through to the end even if I am losing instead of endlessly ragequiting until I'm hotseated into a match where I'm already up 7 to 1.  Clearly, I'm not doing this the right way.
They had it available on PS+ to add in your game library for free a few months back. Love that game.

I can imagine the people are bigger dicks on PC though. Availability of a keyboard makes it easier to harass other players. I've gotten a few shitbags on playstation, but only a few.

Hydra009

Playstation players have headsets, so not much of a difference in the smack talk.  It's the quiting at the drop of a hat that urks me.  I played a five minute 3 versus 3 game with no less than a dozen different players.  McDonald's has a lower turnover rate.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 28, 2016, 03:34:44 PM
Playstation players have headsets, so not much of a difference in the smack talk.  It's the quiting at the drop of a hat that urks me.  I played a five minute 3 versus 3 game with no less than a dozen different players.  McDonald's has a lower turnover rate.
The headsets aren't used in that game on Playstation. Either there is no voice support, or no one uses it. The day pad has some quick commands like "oops"  and "nice shot! " or "I'll defend" and you can open the chat to type something, but typing with your controller is a bitch, so unless someone REALLY wants to make the extra effort to be a dick, it doesn't happen.

-Sent from your mom

Hydra009

Playstation players can and do voice chat, although it's not common.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 28, 2016, 11:05:40 PM
Playstation players can and do voice chat, although it's not common.
The only voice chat I'm aware of with the PS4 is via parties. Considering the multiplayer communities of most games I play are cancer, I am fine with this.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

IDK if it has it in Rocket League. It has voice chat in games like Mortal Kombat and Destiny, but a lot of other games, if you want to use your mic, you need to get in a party

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 29, 2016, 03:31:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cre6XDmVO0
I guess it's just not well known. I've never heard anyone's voice in that game. I can imagine most people don't go through the options in that game, I know I sure didn't. Just opened it up and played

-Sent from your mom

Nonsensei

Dark souls 3. Excellent. Frustrating,  but excellent.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on