Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 17, 2016, 07:24:24 PM
anyone ever play City Skylines?I just installed it and don't know what I'm doing

I have about an hour on it and have no idea wtf is going on either.

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 01, 2016, 12:52:42 AM
New faction in Endless Legend.  I'm pumped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za9Hzr72E00

Oh god yes.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Endless Legend looks promising.  If I had enough time to play it, I probably would.  But they just came out with a DLC for Fallout 4, so that is taking up my time now.  And I'm pumped!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 01, 2016, 09:08:39 AMEndless Legend looks promising.
I highly recommend.  It's like a fantasy version of Civ 5.  Amazing artwork and music, but the interface and game mechanics take some getting used to.  Also, the tooltips can be difficult to parse.  But once you get into it, it's amazing.

QuoteIf I had enough time to play it, I probably would.  But they just came out with a DLC for Fallout 4, so that is taking up my time now.  And I'm pumped!
Yeah, there's been an abundance of good games lately.  Though unfortunately, Star Citizen has been pushed back another year.  Late 2017 at the earliest  :(  But No Man's Sky should have me occupied till then.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on April 01, 2016, 05:07:21 AM
I have about an hour on it and have no idea wtf is going on either.
I played it for a few hours. It is VERY complicated, but it once you understand it a bit, it starts to flow. It's basically Sim City, but updated. Pretty good and fun. VERY hard to understand without scrapping an entire city a few times first though.

Mr.Obvious

finally bought a second hand copy of south park, the stick of truth. Binge-played it three evenings in a row.
Fun little game, hardly no replayability however. And because I had the european version, a lot has been cut. :s
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PickelledEggs

I reninstalled Goat Simulator. God, I love that game. It's such shit, but it's so good because it's shit.

Nonsensei

Hyper Light Drifter.

Buy it now.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Nonsensei on April 02, 2016, 07:02:01 PM
Hyper Light Drifter.

Buy it now.
I already bought the soundtrack. lol Gonna get it as soon as I finish my commission

Munch

I've never completed skyrim, because every time I get back into playing it, I get drawn into all the mods, and spend my time seeing how many men my dovahkiin can playing the disappearing sausage game with.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on April 03, 2016, 01:53:16 PM
I've never completed skyrim, because every time I get back into playing it, I get drawn into all the mods, and spend my time seeing how many men my dovahkiin can playing the disappearing sausage game with.
Come on Munch, show some discipline!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

I too never completed Skyrim, mostly because mediocre games that have to be modded until they crash to actually be enjoyable are about as lazy of development as you can get...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on April 03, 2016, 04:15:18 PMI too never completed Skyrim, mostly because mediocre games that have to be modded until they crash to actually be enjoyable are about as lazy of development as you can get...

The game was decent on its own merits.  But by making it easy to mod, Bethesda allowed for continual improvement and customization.  This gave it a much, much longer shelf life and far more satisfying experience for players.  It's no coincidence that the games in my library that I treasure the most also have strong modding community.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 03, 2016, 04:27:38 PM

The game was decent on its own merits.  But by making it easy to mod, Bethesda allowed for continual improvement and customization.  This gave it a much, much longer shelf life and far more satisfying experience for players.  It's no coincidence that the games in my library that I treasure the most also have strong modding community.

I mostly am joking :P.

If people enjoy that type of game, more power to yall, and it certainly created some hilarious youtube videos. It's just not my thing.

Nonsensei

See, I always thought that the more mods there were for a game the better. The more modable a game was the better.

Skyrim and, to a lesser extent, Fallout 4 have disabused me of that notion pretty harshly. Some of the stuff I want to do, like change skins and animations and models, is really REALLY complicated to me. The modders give you the barebones tools and barebones instructions and just leave you to hang yourself with them.

Hur after hour of scouring the forums or comments for the mod to see exactly what went wrong and then fixing it, by the time you actually get your game where you wanted it to be with mods your interest has waned. I have a fully modded fallout 4 installed right now and I can't even bring myself to play it because I already spend a couple days just getting ONE of the mods to work, never mind the rest.

The thing is, I'm not a computer noob. Ive been using a PC and gaming on a PC for about 20 years now. The problem isn't with the mods, its with the instructions which are so pathetic they almost guarantee you will fuck something up. Some mod will conflict with or overwrite another mod and suddenly your game wont work. But you dont know WHY it wont work so you backtrack, uninstalling every single mod one by one until the game boots. Its the only way you can figure out which mod is the problem.

Ive yet to come across a guide to mod load order that made any sense to me at all. I understand its important, but I don't understand how you can tell which mods should be loaded first.

I like that mods exist, in concept. In practice its a huge fucking pain in the ass with actually not that great of a payoff with few exceptions.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on