News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Yeah I'm just rolling a cruiser and sticking with the biggest group or going destroyer and going stupid mode. Only been playing it for about 4 hours.

I honestly don't mind the non combat time... I try to use it strategically to get in the best position. It builds tension.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Cruiser is the best class, imho.  Battleships' low rate of fire and overall slugishness can be frustrating - especially the American ones.  Destroyers can do godlike damage or be the first fatality.  Cruisers tend to be the jack of all trades - fast enough to get to where they need to be, consistent in damage, and decently armored.

I'm currently saving up for a Cleveland.  Can't wait to steamroll the enemy, heh.

Shiranu

Spending my time on the Japanese tech tree right now. No particular reason... though I am considering getting their second carrier for no reason other than it looks cool...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Sal1981

My Hardcore Ironman is progressing nicely, and I've yet to die, phew.

Shiranu

I take back liking cruisers... IJN destroyers are love, IJN destroyers are life.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYRibkfPXM0

First look at Deserts of Kharak is pretty disappointing.  Apparently, the skirmish AI is awful.  It cheats and gets more units than it should be able to produce and then either throws them away in suicidal attacks or idles them in oblivious stupor.  There's only two factions, and they play fairly similarly.  Your choice between hover or wheeled vehicles.  Also, it's entirely desert-based, no space combat.  I figured this would happen, but I hope that eventually, a space-based expansion will change that.  That said, the aesthetics and gameplay seem very good.  All in all, it looks good, not great.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on January 13, 2016, 11:39:45 PM
I haven't but it looks like the type of game I would enjoy if I can get it on sale.

Steam has it very cheap.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

kilodelta

The music is a bit loud. But, screw it. I laughed.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

gentle_dissident

It's amazing how close this game gets to my dreams. The music is fantastic as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLP1Pb8g14Y

PickelledEggs

Yeah. So Blade and Soul is probably the greatest MMO I have ever played. VERY boring for the first level or so for the first time around, but it is soooo good.

Hydra009

Skyrim:  mod it til it breaks.  Well, I broke it.  :/

Also, Sins of a Solar Empire has some pretty lamentable memory constraints, and my mod turned it into a .5fps slideshow just when I started kicking ass after 3 hours of playing.

And apparently MTG Forge hangs and/or becomes unstable when you gain 10^11 health or put that many counters into play.

*plays solitaire and weeps bitter tears*

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 25, 2016, 12:35:32 AM
Skyrim:  mod it til it breaks.  Well, I broke it.  :/

That happened with me on my previous pc. You'd think I'd learn my lesson after having played sims3 and crashing my pc on all the mods for that, but nope, when you can make tamriel look d poo good you forget the upper limit.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 25, 2016, 12:35:32 AM

*plays solitaire and weeps bitter tears*
I play solitaire and solitaire only, and love it!!!  I saw what happened with the Diablo II, the Expansion ladders and realized then that I wanted no part of it.  I play all of my games solo and solo only. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

I'm going to reinstall Skyrim.  Rebuild.  Better than before.

I think I figured out my problem.  Most of the mods were for the base game and didn't work well with the expansions.  Also, they spawned a large amount of NPCs and the engine didn't like that.  I'll start slow this time.  Maybe 50 mods, tops.  Not the 150 I was using before.  Goodbye, HD sweetroll mod.  Adios, immersive laundry.  Whatever's Polish for goodbye, cheese cannon.  I will remember your gooey greatness for all time.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 25, 2016, 10:25:05 AM
I'm going to reinstall Skyrim.  Rebuild.  Better than before.

I think I figured out my problem.  Most of the mods were for the base game and didn't work well with the expansions.  Also, they spawned a large amount of NPCs and the engine didn't like that.  I'll start slow this time.  Maybe 50 mods, tops.  Not the 150 I was using before.  Goodbye, HD sweetroll mod.  Adios, immersive laundry.  Whatever's Polish for goodbye, cheese cannon.  I will remember your gooey greatness for all time.
FO 4 has pushed Skyrim to the sidelines.  For now, anyway.  But when I run Skyrim, it is with between 50/60 mods.  This time, I will be doing your approach.  I will start with one mod--the alternate start mod.  Then add as I go. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?