Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: SilentFutility on December 15, 2015, 04:50:12 PM
Well, CSGO has been ruined.
That's too bad.  But FO 4 hasn't been.  Have logged 275 hrs. and have only played to the end as the Minutemen.  Three more endings to go.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Yeah now that my semester is over and no work... I have been binging on FO. It really is a brilliant game.

Still need to binge beat the witcher and metro 2033... And grim fandango... But fo has been taking all my time.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 15, 2015, 08:57:55 PM
That's too bad.  But FO 4 hasn't been.  Have logged 275 hrs. and have only played to the end as the Minutemen.  Three more endings to go.
I'm loving Fallout New Vegas.  Way better than 3, imho.  It feels more alive.  And I really like the feuding factions.  Boomers ftw.

That said, I've made some mistakes.  I tried to rescue some slaves and felt a surge of joy watching them scamper away to freedom.  Then their slave collars detonated... :sad2:

And I stumbled on an abandoned Brotherhood of Steel base.  A treasure trove of power armor and plasma rifles and other goodies, all mine for the taking.  And then...

Dead Money is by far the most agonizing Fallout questline I've played so far, even more than the Pitt.  The three worst things a dev can do to an open-world RPG player is: 1) take away their gear 2) severely restrict travel 3) only allow the PC minimal control of the situation.

My poor level 14 character was so helpless and constrained.  And everywhere I walked was either instant death or a lingering death.  With nothing more than his wits and a shank, my character navigated a maze of corridors filled with toxic clouds and endless enemies, only to die instantly from a trap.  Or a deadly hologram.  Or to find his collar beeping more and more rapidly until...boom!  I can't count the number of times I've died there.  I also can't count up to twelve, so it's at least twelve.  But after hours and hours of going through those torturous and frustrating missions...there it was, the final confrontation.  Fury.  Awash with blazing, murderous fury.  At long last, victory.  Sweet, sweet victory.  My elation was interrupted by it bugging out on me at the end and I had to use console commands to finish the quest, but meh, victory.

The Wasteland seems less horrible now, its rusted shacks seem luxurious, its gangs are pathetic insects to be splatted at my whim.  I'm carving through the Mojave wasteland like a hot knife through butter. Onwards, to the Hoover Dam!

Shiranu

Cannibalism... God I love it...

I just wish you could cook people:/.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Shiranu on December 16, 2015, 12:23:56 AM
Cannibalism... God I love it...

I just wish you could cook people:/.

You mean you can't? You silly americans with your strange 'morals'.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Sal1981

I have the same story regarding GW2 as Hydra's. I hardcore played for like a month, got to lvl 80 and completed the personal story quests with defeating Zhaitan (my character was those leaf people, Sylvari). I fiddled around with world stuff, just exploring and doing those annoying jumping puzzles for a few days and then just logged out. I've checked back, once or twice, but I don't feel the need to do anything else in GW2.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 15, 2015, 11:06:58 PM
I'm loving Fallout New Vegas.  Way better than 3, imho.  It feels more alive.  And I really like the feuding factions.  Boomers ftw.

That said, I've made some mistakes.  I tried to rescue some slaves and felt a surge of joy watching them scamper away to freedom.  Then their slave collars detonated... :sad2:

And I stumbled on an abandoned Brotherhood of Steel base.  A treasure trove of power armor and plasma rifles and other goodies, all mine for the taking.  And then...

Dead Money is by far the most agonizing Fallout questline I've played so far, even more than the Pitt.  The three worst things a dev can do to an open-world RPG player is: 1) take away their gear 2) severely restrict travel 3) only allow the PC minimal control of the situation.

My poor level 14 character was so helpless and constrained.  And everywhere I walked was either instant death or a lingering death.  With nothing more than his wits and a shank, my character navigated a maze of corridors filled with toxic clouds and endless enemies, only to die instantly from a trap.  Or a deadly hologram.  Or to find his collar beeping more and more rapidly until...boom!  I can't count the number of times I've died there.  I also can't count up to twelve, so it's at least twelve.  But after hours and hours of going through those torturous and frustrating missions...there it was, the final confrontation.  Fury.  Awash with blazing, murderous fury.  At long last, victory.  Sweet, sweet victory.  My elation was interrupted by it bugging out on me at the end and I had to use console commands to finish the quest, but meh, victory.

The Wasteland seems less horrible now, its rusted shacks seem luxurious, its gangs are pathetic insects to be splatted at my whim.  I'm carving through the Mojave wasteland like a hot knife through butter. Onwards, to the Hoover Dam!
I have loved all the FO games.  FO 3 will forever live in my heart as the best--simply because when I discovered it and played it it was so very fantastic--and I had no expectations about it.  It may not be the best game technically, but I love it.  Logged in over 2500 hrs and still go back and play it every now and again.  Love the beginning of getting Dogmeat and doing the first few quests.

NV is another love.  I logged in over 2500 hrs on this one as well.  I tried all factions and endings--and DLC's.  Dead Money is very frustrating if you are less than lvl 20--I like 25 for this myself.  It is tough!  My favorite way to travel in this game is to use Veronica as my tank and Eddy as my rear guard--and I end up with the special guass rifle taken from the mercenaries camped by the Tumble Weed Ranch, the anti-material rifle and the special sniper rifle from the sniper perch locked trunk.  And I kill all of Ceaser's men  on sight so that the assassin squads come after me every now and again--they have great gear to sell. 

FO4 is following their footsteps.  I have 277 hrs logged in and have only finished the Minutemen faction part.  I can see that the crafting side of this will take up hundreds of hours on it's own.  And that there is no leveling cap will be interesting.  I think one can keep on leveling for the radiant type of quests go on forever if you want.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Quote from: SilentFutility on December 15, 2015, 04:50:12 PM
Well, CSGO has been ruined.
What's so bad about it? I was playing it last night and thought it was great

SilentFutility

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 16, 2015, 02:08:04 PM
What's so bad about it? I was playing it last night and thought it was great

The new update:

Added an unbalanced weapon, but have since nerfed it to not be as bad, essentially just to make money from new skins
Made all pistols far more inaccurate when moving, so now pistol firing consists of terrorits rushing out, standing still to have a chance of hitting something, and then being killed by already static CTs
Nerfed the rifles, particularly the AK47 and M4, so now the recovery time is longer and sprays are less accurate, but even one-shot tapping and short bursts are now much worse than before so it is an overall nerf

The pistols nerf makes pistol rounds unbalanced, it also makes eco rounds even more difficult to win whereas before they were difficult but possible if you really outplayed the other side
The rifles nerf means that they are now really bad at short range, and worse than they were at long range, which means weapons like autosnipers are even more OP because you can't use skill to combat them with a rifle effectively anymore
The rifles nerf also means that SMGs are now relatively much better

So, to summarise, rifle gameplay is fucked, autosnipers are now totally OP and even awps can't really be fought against well with a rifle if you're more skilled than the awper, and SMG rushes are even better than they already were because unless riflers holding a site hit the first shot as a headshot they're dead, and with an M4 the first shot HS isn't even enough to kill so that weapon is now effectively bad in all situations.

The balance is now way off, and skilled sprays are out of the game, being a rifler which was the core of the game is also not very effective, and essentially the game has been pushed away from being skill-driven to being SMG rush and autosniper biased, the two parts of the game requiring the least skill.

Other than possibly bug fixes and minor tweaks, the gameplay and balance was perfect, I moved to CSGO from source over a year ago and it has gradually been getting more and more balanced through VERY SMALL tweaks, and suddenly they go and just change the whole gameplay without it even being something the fanbase wanted. Nobody was complaining that rifles were OP, in fact they took skill to use well.

Nonsensei

tried Rainbow Six: Siege?

Ive been watching people stream it for the last few days and it seems pretty amazing.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Sal1981

A new, and easier to use, voicechat service has recently launched. It's called Discord.gg

check it out.

SilentFutility

They've reverted the rifles in CSGO back to their pre-update characteristics due to a huge backlash from the community!

Still not sure I agree with some of the other changes but they are very minor compared to this so that's a great result.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7beE0NgnmU

Hardware: Shipbreakers Homeworld: Shipbreakers Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
Release date:  Jan 20, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0qHZG1-rEg

XCOM 2
Release date: Feb 5, 2016

All aboard the hype train!  Toot-toot!

And I've gotta say, I'm mildly put off by the whole "aliens invade successfully" plotline of the second game simply because they based it around actual players losing the campaign.  I dunno about you guys, but I kicked some alien ass.  I would have gone on to conquer and/or nuke the alien home planet if I could have.

That said, I like the guerrilla feel, the ability to conduct ambushes, and the new melee class, though I'm going to deeply miss the ability to intercept alien craft.  But on the plus side, there's way more extensive character customization this time around.  I'm not going to lie, a couple of you guys are going to be rookies on the front lines fighting Chrysallids and/or Chrysallid meat puppets of your now deceased friends.  Just remember to shoot first and let the lab techs do the talking.

PickelledEggs

Got Chivalry for Steam. One of my new favorite games.

"FOOOOR THE OOOORRRRDERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!"