News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

TBH, the only reason I got it originally was because I was super upset that I couldn't play my PC copy of MKX... plus I wanted to play with my friend that had it. The extra games that I got are just a bonus. I was seriously originally ready to accept my PS4 as a $500 MKX machine.... lmao

Otherwise I's still only be using my PC right now. I am very happy with the PS4 though.

Mike Cl

Quote from: DeathandGrim on May 28, 2015, 12:18:50 AM
This is exactly my thinking. If I'm gonna drop $400 on a console I wanna be able to get at least equal its value in games. The PS3 had an incredible lineup and I don't regret getting one but this generation is so dry when it comes to a quality catalog. A few exclusives that I have my eye on like: Uncharted 4, LBP 3, and a possible Resistance reboot. But that's at best $180.

And what happened to The Last Guardian? It's been a whole 8 years and I've seen nothing :(
/So, you have both a PS3 and a PC?  Which one do you like playing games on?  I focus on RPG's, sandbox types and the Civ types.  Which are your favs and how do they compare on the two platforms?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

DeathandGrim

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 28, 2015, 08:42:28 AM
/So, you have both a PS3 and a PC?  Which one do you like playing games on?  I focus on RPG's, sandbox types and the Civ types.  Which are your favs and how do they compare on the two platforms?

Currently I play on PC mostly with Minecraft and LoL and MKX.

I have PS3 for any Fighting games me and my friends play. And My PS3 catalog pretty much spans every genre from Skyrim and Fallout and GTA V to MGS4 and Uncharted (which reminds me I have to finish 3 still). I think my favorite games to play on PS3 are multiplayer. I had a blast playing Resistance 2 til the servers went down, LBP never got old or games with huge replay like Fallout. I can't wait for Fallout 4! And if I'm feeling a story I have RPGs but I'm not a big fan of JRPGs like WRPGs, they're just too grindy some times.

And on PC, because I'm an Indie dev myself I play alotta small indie titles mostly on a site called GameJolt I haven't really found a big meaty title for PC on Steam yet. I'll probably pick up some ports but generally I like to play MMOs on my PC. I'm still thinking about getting ESO or just sticking with Minecraft
You argue with a god of death?

We all make bad decisions.

"Born Asian -- Not born this way"

Mike Cl

Quote from: DeathandGrim on May 28, 2015, 09:05:31 AM
Currently I play on PC mostly with Minecraft and LoL and MKX.

I have PS3 for any Fighting games me and my friends play. And My PS3 catalog pretty much spans every genre from Skyrim and Fallout and GTA V to MGS4 and Uncharted (which reminds me I have to finish 3 still). I think my favorite games to play on PS3 are multiplayer. I had a blast playing Resistance 2 til the servers went down, LBP never got old or games with huge replay like Fallout. I can't wait for Fallout 4! And if I'm feeling a story I have RPGs but I'm not a big fan of JRPGs like WRPGs, they're just too grindy some times.

And on PC, because I'm an Indie dev myself I play alotta small indie titles mostly on a site called GameJolt I haven't really found a big meaty title for PC on Steam yet. I'll probably pick up some ports but generally I like to play MMOs on my PC. I'm still thinking about getting ESO or just sticking with Minecraft
Wow!  So you are an indie guy!  I'm impressed.  At first I loathed the idea of Steam.  Why?  Because I'm an unusual gamer.  I'm naturally a loner and so my gaming reflects that.  I never play with anybody else and never do MMO's or MUDS or anything of that nature.  I like the idea of buying a game on a disc, loading it on my pc and not have to get on the net--and play it when I want, however long I want.  I used that for Diablo (the entire series), Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim.  But then I started using Steam because it offered free and very easy to load and use mods for Skyrim.  I don't know if I can load a mod from Nexus or another site--I understand that if you don't do it correctly you can screw up your machine.  So, I don't do it.  Except with Steam Workshop.  I now run Skyrim with over 50 mods and so use Steam to keep my other games as well.  They have good sales so I wait for them to pick up my games. 

Do you have any games on the market?  If so, where can I find them????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

DeathandGrim

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 28, 2015, 09:16:52 AM
Wow!  So you are an indie guy!  I'm impressed.  At first I loathed the idea of Steam.  Why?  Because I'm an unusual gamer.  I'm naturally a loner and so my gaming reflects that.  I never play with anybody else and never do MMO's or MUDS or anything of that nature.  I like the idea of buying a game on a disc, loading it on my pc and not have to get on the net--and play it when I want, however long I want.  I used that for Diablo (the entire series), Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim.  But then I started using Steam because it offered free and very easy to load and use mods for Skyrim.  I don't know if I can load a mod from Nexus or another site--I understand that if you don't do it correctly you can screw up your machine.  So, I don't do it.  Except with Steam Workshop.  I now run Skyrim with over 50 mods and so use Steam to keep my other games as well.  They have good sales so I wait for them to pick up my games. 

Do you have any games on the market?  If so, where can I find them????

Oh yea I'm solitary too, so a good solo experience is a huge plus, but MMOs are good but I usually only play with friends otherwise I'm the loner... taking your prized hunts

My games can also be found on GameJolt all for free: http://gamejolt.com/profile/deathandgrim-ph3nom/1008/

I'm known for An Ordinary Shooter and My next game is gonna be An Ordinary Shooter 3 and I'm gonna pay the $100 to get on Greenlight and play with the big boys. I'm working way harder on it than my other games and actually trying to make it look professional. I'm eventually gonna need testers when I get more than alpha build, wanna be on call?

Mike Cl

Well, Death, I've not done anything like being a tester.  But, what the hell--sure, I'd give it a try.

I'll have to check out your game--thanks for the link, I had not heard of it. 

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 28, 2015, 09:16:52 AM
Wow!  So you are an indie guy!  I'm impressed.  At first I loathed the idea of Steam.  Why?  Because I'm an unusual gamer.  I'm naturally a loner and so my gaming reflects that.  I never play with anybody else and never do MMO's or MUDS or anything of that nature.
I'm usually a loner, as well.  Even on MMOs.

QuoteI like the idea of buying a game on a disc, loading it on my pc and not have to get on the net--and play it when I want, however long I want.
I did that, too.  Until lost or damaged discs started giving me problems.  Nowdays, I'm all digital, all the time.  Much easier to keep up with, and they tend to cost less.  And thanks to library sharing, I can play my roommate's games and vice versa.

QuoteBut then I started using Steam because it offered free and very easy to load and use mods for Skyrim.
That it most definitely is.

QuoteI don't know if I can load a mod from Nexus or another site--I understand that if you don't do it correctly you can screw up your machine.
Technically, you can download a Skyrim mod from anywhere on the net.  It's just that Nexus has the largest repository of them for the time being.  And while it is a remote possibility that you could somehow screw your system up, most mods are fairly straightforward - extract X file in Y directory - and tend to work fairly well.  They don't screw up the game unless there's a conflict, and they're usually upfront about incompatibilities.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 28, 2015, 11:35:13 AM
I'm usually a loner, as well.  Even on MMOs.
I did that, too.  Until lost or damaged discs started giving me problems.  Nowdays, I'm all digital, all the time.  Much easier to keep up with, and they tend to cost less.  And thanks to library sharing, I can play my roommate's games and vice versa.
That it most definitely is.
Technically, you can download a Skyrim mod from anywhere on the net.  It's just that Nexus has the largest repository of them for the time being.  And while it is a remote possibility that you could somehow screw your system up, most mods are fairly straightforward - extract X file in Y directory - and tend to work fairly well.  They don't screw up the game unless there's a conflict, and they're usually upfront about incompatibilities.
After seeing how well mods work and how much they change Skyrim (makes it a new game, almost), I will have to gird my loins and hop over to Nexus, sign up and try it.  Fear of the unknown, and all that.  :)))  One day. :)

kilodelta

Yeah. Nexus is where you can get mod content not available via Steam. I like the nude mods myself... just makes looting dead bodies a bit more interesting...

...well, forget all that noise and rock out to this:

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Shiranu

Forza 5... so many hours lately into it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

PickelledEggs

I'm not biggest in to trophies, but this one had me laughing pretty good. Apparently if you duck a lot, you get a "trolling" trophy... lolol

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 30, 2015, 01:31:42 AMI'm not biggest in to trophies, but this one had me laughing pretty good. Apparently if you duck a lot, you get a "trolling" trophy... lolol
If they didn't do the "toasty!" gag with the trollface instead of the toasty face, then...umm...they need to.

DeathandGrim

Since my PS2 disc tray is malfunctioning with its spins I'm gonna start emulating all my PS2 games on my PC

PickelledEggs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7QO1-u0aEY

I won my first match in the weekly, but the second match I went up against a former EVO Champ... again..... and lost. lol

It was fun though!