Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

Bought a PS4 Last night w/ The Last of Us and Infamous: Second Son

So far I'm enjoying it!

Desdinova

Quote from: wolf39us on February 02, 2015, 11:25:22 AM
Bought a PS4 Last night w/ The Last of Us and Infamous: Second Son

So far I'm enjoying it!

Congratulations!  I have an xbox one.  Would like to eventually get a PS4.  Both my sons have one.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

PickelledEggs

the_antithesis

It's been a while since Egoraptor did another Sequelitis. This one has some good points about how to do explorative gameplay, right or wrong.

_Xenu_

A game called "Life is Strange" is currently being promoted on Steam, only have the first chapter so far. Its a point and click kind of game in the style of The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, but the protagonist has the ability to rewind time. Its starts off a bit slow, but makes up for it. I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying the rest of the season. On a related note, Telltales Game of Thrones gets chapter two tomorrow. I never really did a proper review of the first chapter, but I'll say this much: It will test your inner Machiavelli.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

GrinningYMIR

Been playing Xcom...that game is hard as dicks man XD
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on February 02, 2015, 10:33:30 PMBeen playing Xcom...that game is hard as dicks man XD
The new one or the old one?  They both get slightly easier as you unlock new armor and weapons.

GrinningYMIR

The new one. I'm up to having Laser weaponry and Skeleton suits. Training for the hard mode and eventual Long war though :P
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

For both of them, I relentlessly save scum.  I've frequently beat both with no casualties, though I didn't touch the hard difficulties.  The hairiest mission in the new one was the Nova Scotia chrysalid surprise.  Just barely made it to evac.  The old game (well, technically, the demo) had a nighttime terror mission against snakemen and chrysalids and your troops mostly only have rifles.  The word terror just about sums it up.

They're just so creepy-looking (smiling?) and ridiculously fast that they still freak me out.  And the old hidden movement screen wouldn't show you jack except for extremely brief flashes of activity, really ramping up player anxiety.  It's those little details that take a game from good to great.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 03, 2015, 01:17:52 AM
For both of them, I relentlessly save scum.  I've frequently beat both with no casualties, though I didn't touch the hard difficulties.  The hairiest mission in the new one was the Nova Scotia chrysalid surprise.  Just barely made it to evac.  The old game (well, technically, the demo) had a nighttime terror mission against snakemen and chrysalids and your troops mostly only have rifles.  The word terror just about sums it up.

They're just so creepy-looking (smiling?) and ridiculously fast that they still freak me out.  And the old hidden movement screen wouldn't show you jack except for extremely brief flashes of activity, really ramping up player anxiety.  It's those little details that take a game from good to great.

Oh god...I did that mission yesterday...so many casualties......

I never played the original, looks interesting

Hydra009

Took some doing, but I found the demo.  Confirmed to work on dosbox.  And it still creeps me the hell out.

GrinningYMIR

You never cease to amaze me with your ability to rig things to work. If you could only make RA2 work on Windows 8.1, then I'll confirm your inherent awesomeness XD

As it is, you are currently living up to your profile image completely

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on February 03, 2015, 03:05:57 AMYou never cease to amaze me with your ability to rig things to work. If you could only make RA2 work on Windows 8.1, then I'll confirm your inherent awesomeness XD
I'll give it a shot tomorrow.  :)

Savior2006

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on February 03, 2015, 02:12:05 AM
Oh god...I did that mission yesterday...so many casualties......

I never played the original, looks interesting

1. That's Guava's playthrough of it, with accompanying "log entries" from many of the forum users.

I've completed first XCOM Enemy Unknown (the remake), then the first game, and  I was on the last mission of Terror From the Deep when I fucked up my newest computer.

2. I've beaten Half-Life 1 months ago, and I was working on the second game as well. Both were awesome.

3. I've recently become aware of an idiot known as DarkSydePhil. Search This is How You Don't Play MGS3 if you dare. The dude is seriously a pig and he sucks dick at games, and gives hate to Tobuscus, Pewds, and anyone who kicks his ass in online fighting games.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on February 03, 2015, 03:05:57 AMIf you could only make RA2 work on Windows 8.1, then I'll confirm your inherent awesomeness XD
Does any of this help?