News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 12, 2015, 10:02:20 PM
I wonder if there is something in our heads that makes us think graphics are better than they really are when we first play it. I remember thinking that the graphics for FF7 were stunning, and now they are obviously..dated
Pattern recognition is what I'm guessing. The same way a well drawn and painted artwork can look real, even though it's very loosely done.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 12, 2015, 10:05:00 PM
Hey Pickel I think every time one of us responds to the other, the other is responding to us haha
lol

GrinningYMIR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CnEWyn4FJs

One of the oldest games I play, graphics mean nothing for this one
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 12, 2015, 10:05:05 PM
Pattern recognition is what I'm guessing. The same way a well drawn and painted artwork can look real, even though it's very loosely done.

that makes sense, still weird. Human brains are some weird organs aren't they?
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

I actually wasn't even referencing play quality. Just graphics and "realness" quality. But yeah. Some of my favorite games are older ones. Mario 3 and Earthbound will always be in my top picks along with Mario Kart 64.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 12, 2015, 10:08:17 PM
that makes sense, still weird. Human brains are some weird organs aren't they?
yep

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 12, 2015, 09:40:47 PMIts amazing how good we thought 2005 graphics were, and how bad they look now
Yeah.  I remember when I was blown away by this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18uiC-ObCbs

Much graphics!  So much!

wolf39us

PickelledEggs

lol I played that on my phone nonstop. I had to delete it because my boss kept asking me why I took such long bathroom breaks

Mike Cl

I know I'm late to the dance (don't like to dance anyway.:) But I just finished Bioshock Infinite.  Whoa!  That was quite the ending.  I had been planning to replay it, but since I will always end up offing myself, what's the point.  Or if you let the credits roll, I get to spend a life with Anna.  Which is okay.  But I must admit I loved the story.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 13, 2015, 12:52:11 PM
I know I'm late to the dance (don't like to dance anyway.:) But I just finished Bioshock Infinite.  Whoa!  That was quite the ending.  I had been planning to replay it, but since I will always end up offing myself, what's the point.  Or if you let the credits roll, I get to spend a life with Anna.  Which is okay.  But I must admit I loved the story.
Bioshock Infinite IS THE SHIT

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

GrinningYMIR

If something is the shit, it means is awesome, if there's no the, it means its a horrid, terrible piece of literal shit.

Internet dictionary!

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 13, 2015, 05:46:54 PM
Which means???
oh... Sorry lol

If the word shit is preceded with the word, "the" or "my", it is similar to saying it's "amazing" or "incredible" or another positive word.... but even more of an extremely positive way... so saying "That game is the shit" is even a much more positive term than "that game is amazing"

Cursing 101 with PickelledEggs. Class has concluded. Next week we will focus on cunt and prick and how they are underused in the English language :lol: