News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

GrinningYMIR

The hinterlands never ends, it just keeps going, it's like the numerical theory, or the fuck train! It has no breaks!

It does not end!
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

kilodelta

So much for 9...

Quote"Windows 10 is an upcoming version of the Microsoft Windows operating system. Unveiled on September 30, 2014, it is scheduled to be released in late 2015.[1]

First hinted at in April 2014 at the Build Conference, Windows 10 aims to address shortcomings in the user interface introduced by Windows 8 by improving the user experience for non-touchscreen devices (such as desktop computers and laptops), including a revival of the Start menu seen in Windows 7, a virtual desktop system, and the ability to run Windows Store apps within windows on the desktop as well as in full-screen mode. Windows 10 will be available for desktops and laptops, and it has been announced it will be used on tablets, smartphones, other embedded Windows products and also the Xbox One."

I am almost optimistic about it.

Quote"He emphasized that Windows 10 would take steps towards restoring user interface mechanics from Windows 7 to improve the experience for users on non-touch devices, noting criticism of Windows 8's touch-oriented interface by keyboard and mouse users."

kilodelta

_Xenu_

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 23, 2014, 08:43:53 PM
I stopped playing Starcraft for a while, but when I saw that today, I opened it up again. I instantly got frustrated and closed the game, but I might try and ease myself in again.
I've found SC2 a bit too resource intensive for my tastes. I played so much much of it on my last laptop that if I even tried to play a video, it made a "pompf" sound and flipped off. I've been a bit more leary of it now that I have a nicer, more expensive machine.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

the_antithesis

Quote from: kilodelta on December 02, 2014, 07:25:33 PM
So much for 9...

I read somewhere that the reason for the jump is Windows 95, 97, 9x would fuck things up. So they just skipped a number and put an idiotic spin on it.

Agramon

A new expansion for Hearthstone is due out Monday. Looks pretty nifty with a lot of interesting RNG additions (fits the theme of Goblins vs Gnomes). My favorite legendary from the new series is a tie between:

"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

GrinningYMIR

No more pirate bay, never used it, but its weird that its gone

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on December 10, 2014, 10:00:07 PM

"I'll find another." - Walder Frey

GrinningYMIR

I hate that guy, I REALLY hate that guy, he ranks up there with people I hate in TV shows, though I don't hate him nearly as much as Daniel Shaw...

Hydra009

Best part from the whole scene.  Tells you a hundred things about the character without him ever uttering a word.

Hydra009

I don't know if I was crazy or just really nostalgic, but I picked up Rise of Nations again.  (imagine Risk or Civilization as a RTS or a somewhat derpy Age of Empires)  Despite its venerable status (over a decade since it first came out), it's still a really enjoyable game.

I particularly like the broad range of skirmish options - you can play a completely nonviolent game (and win with a wonder or research or score or territory victory) or you can have a permanent state of war from the very start or anywhere in between.  You can "play" a zero-player game (essentially watching bots duke it out), play with combination of AI and human input, or do absolutely everything yourself if you wish.

And the campaigns are very good: Conquer the World, Cold War, New World, etc.

My main gripes are that the combat is pretty lackluster (don't expect much in the way of tactics, one side pretty much just swarms the other), the AI isn't very intelligent (An ally will build up a massive military and then park it in its own territory instead of using it, build military buildings too close together and then produce units that are unable to move, triple-nuke cities where a single nuke would probably suffice, and launch amphibious invasions right in front of an enemy fleet and land-based turrets which proceed to gobble them up like popcorn shrimp) and the gameplay gets pretty samey really fast despite all the different game types.  And the error sound effects.  IPU have mercy, the error sound effects.  If something can't do its stuff and things correctly it'll ear-violate you until you fix the situation.  And despite the large number of nations to choose from, it's disappointing that an awful lot of nations didn't make the cut.  Sorry, Canada.  :(

But the basic gameplay is solid and quite fun.  Not a perfect game by any stretch, but very good.

Sal1981

Transformers Universe is closing its doors on the 31st January 2015, can't say I'm shocked. Everything JaGeX touches, with the exception to the rule RuneScape, turns to shit. I blame Insight Investment Partners who have been driving a pump&dump campaign for the last year or two on every franchise they get their grubby little hands on. RuneScape is no exception. It took less than a month of IVP gaining majority share in JaGeX that they introduced a crude MTX venue into RuneScape. They did the same with Transformers Universe, except, the reason it worked in RuneScape is because it has had an established playerbase for more than a decade. Do that shit to a new game? nuh-uhh, that shit won't fly, which became painfully obvious to those assholes, and now they're cutting losses and firing most of a whole department.

_Xenu_

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on December 10, 2014, 10:00:07 PM
It might yet come back, though I've personally started using torrent reactor.

http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-crew-responds-to-the-raid-copies-and-the-future-141215/
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home